Solution For Afk/dc Players

6 replies to this topic

#1 ManOpeace

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

When a player dies on the team with the AFK/Disconnected player... they can take over their mech.

There will be a 10 second countdown in a window that pops up that informs the AFK/DC guy/gal the wheel is being taken from them. This can be canceled with ANY button press, and should only be activated if the player has not issued any commands to their mech for 60 seconds.

#2 RiggsIron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:58 PM

If the person has been afk for over say 30-60 seconds - dont even give them the 10 second window. They could be trolling and press the button then stay afk anyway.

#3 ManOpeace

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:31 AM

I guess they could push the button and continue to afk, but then you could report that behavior couldn't you?

#4 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:43 AM

I don't want anyone to run in my mech. It's mine and the player wanting to use it, had his chance to perform.

If I'm disconnected, I have technical difficulties and currently try to reconnect. I don't want someone, who isn't informed about my build bringing me into a position unfavorable to my loadout and potentially wasting my money, by launching my consumables.

If I am afk, I will be for good reasons. My reasoning above still apply. If you suspect a player to be afk farming, report the one to support, so that they can deal with and to get rid of the bad apple.

Edited by Egomane, 21 October 2014 - 03:43 AM.

#5 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

If not take over, why not have them behave as a turret instead? A failsafe autopilot if you will. They don't move, and will use their weapons when they enter optimal range.

That way they aren't TOTALLY useless, and they don't use up consumables.

#6 ManOpeace

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:42 AM

So then enable it only if no commands have been issued half way through the round. Or don't allow it for disconnected players.

I do like the auto-turret idea, which would be especially helpful on the base assault game mode.

#7 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:15 AM

I feel exactly the opposite of Egomane. If I've been disconnected long enough that somebody has already died and a countdown has started, I'm probably not going to connect at all (usu. due to connection issues or I didn't realise the mech went into a game without me*) and I'd rather somebody take that mech and use it to help the team. Barring that, I think the AI turret idea is pretty good. Makes a disconnected Timberwolf more of a threat than an easy target.

*believe me, it happens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users