#81 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:26 AM

View Post2rock, on 11 November 2014 - 01:03 AM, said:

On the message by e-mail replied. But the premium time and mechbay has not arrived. :(

Have you had a redeem code? If so go to your profile and theres a tab in there to enter a redeem code. Dont forget the dash, then log into your client and it should redeem the items.

#82 2rock

Trueborn

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSiberia, Novosibirsk

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:52 AM

View Postmad kat, on 11 November 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

Have you had a redeem code?

Redeem code did not come to my e-mail.

#83 Intelekt

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostMekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh, on 06 November 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

I was mentioned, so I think, I should clarify situation from first-hands.
At first, please, read once again the Contest rules.
Done it?
OK.
Note please, the official statement: "Whether you want to create a painting, a photoshop, a stencil, a costume, a recording, a video, or even a scary Atlas cake:"

So, all kinds of creative forms are allowed.

QUESTION:
Must I doubt the ownership of some winners?

ANSWER:
Yes, you must.

QUESTION:
Was this picture made by my hands?

ANSWER:
Yes, it was.

QUESTION:
Was it done from scratch?

ANSWER:
No, it wasn't.

QUESTION:
Does this counts as a contest entry?

ANSWER:
Yes, it does.

Never ever I stated, that I was an exclusive and original author of these pictures.
I mixed them, layered them and the result is my own vision done by my hands.

Imagine a good song.
And for any kinds of reasons, you've made a cover of this song.
What matters, is not the authenticity of your cover, but how good it was made.

For example, i love this cover much better, than the original:

Hope, your doubts are are dispelled :3

The problem is that you didn't cover a song.. You pasted one person's deviant art work over another person's deviant art work and passed it off as your own with no citation to the artists.. Then in spite of that, you won quite a large prize for it.

You thanked a user who mentioned that they were still holding their beers or cans, which you did not draw.. This is outright plagiarism and neither user on deviant art gave you permission to use their images.. Sorry but it's unethical and saying it's the same as a "cover" song is a load.. You stole artwork and passed it off as your own for a prize.

Shame on you for not being ethical. Shame on PGI for not seeing the multiple sourced images from forum users and not DQ'ing the stolen ones..

#84 TamerSA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:57 PM

I was actually hoping to see a statement from PGI on this...

I think we all accept and understand that the ruling is final and that it would be just as bad to retract prizes afterwards.
But I was hoping for a PR statement either saying: "we do not agree with the opinions stated in this forum, and to our account the qualifying members did not infringe on any of the policies or rules that we took into consideration for this contest."
OR
"Despite unrest regarding plagiarism and other unethical conduct on some entrants, the ruling for this competition is final. In future more efforts will be made to discourage and disqualify unethical or unlawful behavior related to any events or competitions hosted by PGI. Thank you for your concerns and understanding."

Regardless, thank you for the mech bay. I received mine fairly soon and quite unexpectedly (only entered for the fun of it :) ).

#85 2rock

Trueborn

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSiberia, Novosibirsk

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:11 AM

View PostTamerSA, on 12 November 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

Regardless, thank you for the mech bay. I received mine fairly soon and quite unexpectedly (only entered for the fun of it :) ).

But I never got. Next year will not wish to participate.

#86 Danghen Woolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Romulus, Outreach

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:04 AM

I have two support tickets in for the Contest that have yet to be answered but my ticket for the Resistance Wrath pack was answered within hours...

#87 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:02 AM

Have the people with issues not getting their rewards tried emailing PGI instead of using the tickets?

CBA finding the thread at the moment but PGI said they have had trouble with their ticket system so instead e-mail them on the support page. They answered my email quite quickly, so hopefully they should for you too.

#88 Danghen Woolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Romulus, Outreach

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:04 AM

View Postmad kat, on 17 November 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

Have the people with issues not getting their rewards tried emailing PGI instead of using the tickets?

CBA finding the thread at the moment but PGI said they have had trouble with their ticket system so instead e-mail them on the support page. They answered my email quite quickly, so hopefully they should for you too.

I have done both.

#89 Zoltan

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg, Russia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:20 PM

Did somebody receive the award? Just to know maybe I did something wrong with tickets or e-mail

Post closed. Award has been received. Thank you very much !

Edited by Zoltan, 20 November 2014 - 10:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users