4 replies to this topic

#1 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:01 PM

I noticed this bug only while using my SHD-2H. I should be getting 383 meters from my LPL but I am only getting 357 meters with a Tier 5.

However, it appears to register correctly as 383 meters in the testing grounds but as 357 in a live game.

If anyone else has noticed a bug like this and knows a work around/reproduce please contribute.

My hunch is the bug involves running 3 weapons modules but I have no confirmation of this. Stripping the modules and reinstalling them does not seem to be a good work around.

live game screenshot: notice the LPL only goes 357 with a tier 5 range mod.
Posted Image

mechlab screenshot showing Tier 5 Range Module installed. t5 lpl range mod installed
Posted Image

Edited by Kin3ticX, 20 October 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#2 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:31 PM

Reinstalling the modules in a slightly different order caused the bug to manifest itself on the AC5 range module rather than the LPL module.

The AC5s should show 685 meters but are only going 633 meters in this screenshot.

Again, it has to be a live round for the bug to appear. Testing grounds show both weapons going to correct distance.

Posted Image

Edited by Kin3ticX, 20 October 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#3 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:19 AM

I think I've noticed this as well. In live games my Kitfox only shows 441 meters effective range for a Medium laser even though with TC1 and Range Mod 5 it should be 449 if my math is correct.

#4 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:21 PM

So whats the deal with this, I got same ****.

#5 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

Try testing the actual range, find a max range with your reticule and try to hit like 1-2m before it (766 is the LPL I believe). If its hitting just under the max range it should have from the module than its a graphical error like the targeting artifacts we're getting but won't affect gameplay, otherwise make sure to send in a support ticket if its actually gimping your range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users