The Rising Wolves - Daggerstar, Representing The Smoke Jags - Recruiting.

42 replies to this topic

#1 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:15 AM

www.risingwolves.com

We are a recently formed unit whose core is based upon former members of the Sea Wolves Mercenary Unit. We have chosen to represent Clan Smoke Jaguar for at least this first "season" of community warfare. We are actively recruiting both open minded, fun players and those with an urge for competition. We are welcoming to new players and will train in both the game play and tactics.

Please drop by the No Guts No Galaxy TS3 server and drop with us sometime. We are just below the Winbourne Highlanders on the sponsored units list.

Also for existing CSJ units, we are looking to establish relations and working conditions for future competitive play. We are far from a large unit at this point but we do look to make a difference in competition.

#2 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:15 AM

Just a little bragging, TBR-PRIME.

Posted Image

#3 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:24 PM

Ranks growing slowly but surely, clan mechs being mastered! The urge for war and profit grows daily!

#4 Sukotto

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:05 AM

Hail, and welcome to CSJ on behalf of CSJ Competitive (CSJx). Unfortunately, the faction as a whole is lacking in numbers so it is good to see an upcoming unit joining the fight with CW on the horizon. Perhaps I'll shoot you a friend invite one of these days and roll with you guys for a few matches. I could likely give a few suggestions to builds and map tactics that would be beneficial to your unit or at least provoke some thought in order for us all to improve. I look forward to working with you on the battlefield.

#5 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:48 AM

Thank you for the welcome. We chose as a core to go clan and CSJ in particular for the very reason you stated. CSJ seems vastly out numbered and looks like a place a unit can make a name and an impact. We are only lowly mercs but we hope to provide some assistance in the upcoming war. You and any CSJx are welcome to visit us anytime. We have a very open relationship with most of the units on the NGNG server.

Also with pilot shortages a possibility and CW looming it may be to our mutual benefit to establish some sort of joint comms and perhaps even training.

Edited by Nikol Grall, 18 November 2014 - 12:50 AM.

#6 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:06 AM

Ignotus has no interest in helping you guys Nikol, especially with training, he's told me that himself. I wouldn't expect anything really from them if I were you. Basically, you're expendable and he wants to win matches and inflate his score, not bring glory to Clan Smoke Jaguar or win CW. My advice is to look towards another Smoke Jaguar unit or those who recently got kicked out of CSJx like I am.

Edited by TheSilkenPimp, 30 November 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#7 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:52 AM

View PostTheSilkenPimp, on 18 November 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

Ignotus has no interest in helping you guys Nikol, especially with training, he's told me that himself. I wouldn't expect anything really from them if I were you. Basically, you're expendable and he wants to win matches and inflate his score, not bring glory to Clan Smoke Jaguar or win CW. My advice is to look towards another Smoke Jaguar unit or those who recently got kicked out of CSJx.

and brushing up on his bow & staff skillz?

GL to you guys Nikol, good to have you on the clan side!

Edited by Summon3r, 18 November 2014 - 08:52 AM.

#8 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:08 AM

Ignorus has been fairly plain in his silence. I welcome any who want camaraderie and a chance to fight over snobbery and apathy. Come join us if you want more than to be a slave to him. We may not be large yet but we will show all respect and we we will fight hard for whomever we contract. The Rising Wolves see this as a stepping stone. Whether to the top of CSJ or simply to grow and recruit is yet to be seen. We have solid, adaptable pilots and are fair to anyone and we are open minded. We will not strictly dictate competitive builds but we will require proof of aptitude if you choose not to run a standard meta in competition. CSJ is in the position it is, because of closed mindedness by it's leadership both in literature and in this community. This is a game, have fun, but fight to win. Learn to accept the reality of this being PGI's playground and the fact this isn't a cannon story line.

#9 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

I don't see how any of that is relevant there Kotare. He's already promised that his unit will play through an entire season as Smoke Jaguar which is more than most have said. Who cares if someone leaves after a season, it's not like they left after a few weeks or months in, they contributed throughout the whole thing.

#10 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

There are honorable and trustworthy mercenaries Ignotus, and Nikol is definitely one of them.

#11 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostKhan Ignotus Kotare, on 18 November 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

No guarantees, especially coming from a "Mercenary" unit.

Contracts are going to be locked in. So once signed on, and the plan is to run the first one at least the maximum 4 months. Take it as it is. We have clearly stated our intent. Your cooperation is purely optional.

Edited by Nikol Grall, 18 November 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#12 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostNikol Grall, on 18 November 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

Ignorus has been fairly plain in his silence. I welcome any who want camaraderie and a chance to fight over snobbery and apathy. Come join us if you want more than to be a slave to him. We may not be large yet but we will show all respect and we we will fight hard for whomever we contract. The Rising Wolves see this as a stepping stone. Whether to the top of CSJ or simply to grow and recruit is yet to be seen. We have solid, adaptable pilots and are fair to anyone and we are open minded. We will not strictly dictate competitive builds but we will require proof of aptitude if you choose not to run a standard meta in competition. CSJ is in the position it is, because of closed mindedness by it's leadership both in literature and in this community. This is a game, have fun, but fight to win. Learn to accept the reality of this being PGI's playground and the fact this isn't a cannon story line.

The irony is that you changed the latin word for ignorance or ignorant to ignorus.

As in to ignore us.

Also its canon not a 15th century artillery piece, FYI.

But yeah, either way it's a game and it's cool you're repping CSJ. Keep in mind Silkenpinupgirl doesn't speak for CSJx....EVER. We're pretty sure he's actually a Goon just stirring up trouble where there isn't any in order to make us all collectively weaker. It's important to know that the reason were not really training with you is that CSJx is in a transitional state training new recruits to our standard. It would not be fair to any of us to come at you with anything less than a superb performance.

As for the mercenary thing, history speaks for itself there. While I welcome more CSJ faction players it has the potential to backfire if we were to commit to you so heavily just to have you chase the dollar else where. That's not to say that your unit is that way, but I know personally I would do whatever benefitted my unit the most.

Edited by Sicarius Miyamoto Winters, 18 November 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#13 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:02 PM

Really? I was just telling him how it really is, not like I insulted anyone or CSJx

#14 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

View PostSicarius Miyamoto Winters, on 18 November 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

That's not to say that your unit is that way, but I know personally I would do whatever benefitted my unit the most.

As stated representing CSJ is what will benefit us most early on. We can make a mark here for ourselves simply because the bodies will be needed. If the so-called mainline competitive group doesn't care to share comms fine. Unless changed the stated CW queue will match smaller groups together for assaults and defenses. I think we would all agree battle comms and coordination is a benefit.

#15 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostNikol Grall, on 18 November 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

As stated representing CSJ is what will benefit us most early on. We can make a mark here for ourselves simply because the bodies will be needed. If the so-called mainline competitive group doesn't care to share comms fine. Unless changed the stated CW queue will match smaller groups together for assaults and defenses. I think we would all agree battle comms and coordination is a benefit.

Yeah I'm on the same page there as well. It's why I started the Touman thread for us (CSJ Faction). CW is not RHoD so I see no reason, other than personal pride, why we should not coordinate in some fashion. Our TS at the moment only affords 20 player connections so that's why we don't just throw it out there.

Kudos to your unit though for being the only one to step up to the plate so far.

#16 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:52 PM

Sorry, we are not intertested in contracting any mercenaries.

Especially those CSJ affiliated ones lol. Sorry trying to maintain at least some of the lore.

#17 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:20 PM

OOC: Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate it today.

IC: Well Khan looks like we are your touman based on sign ups. With the constant shift in contract lengths you might want to show us a little love. CSJ deserves it's place in the invasion, but you need mech jocks, and we're recruiting em. I also hear whispers of dissension in your own ranks. We welcome any former CSJx to give us a try.

Edited by Nikol Grall, 27 November 2014 - 12:59 AM.

#18 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:48 PM

View PostKhan Ignotus Kotare, on 27 November 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:

Consider this post hostility if you'd like, but I just call it as I see it. Regardless of any skill cap or difference amongst the real, die hard, CSJ players, we all should share one thing in common if we hold any knowledge or ties to the lore; Smoke Jaguars do NOT need mercs to fight our battles.

- Khan Ignotus Kotare

Lore! Ha! We are writing a new history and mercs whether you care or not will fight for your faction and earn rewards for it. Stubbornness as related to RP things is what has this faction in a bind. I have offered cooperation, and been shunned. Fine, we will earn our renown on the battlefield beside those who choose to fight with us for YOUR cause. You cannot succeed without the outside units. Your numbers are to few. This makes you vulnerable not only from without but from within. Your supposed place a top CSJ is not safe and regardless of your RPing of Khan, you cannot enforce any thing upon any players in this new timeline. RP leads to Operation Bulldog and the demise of the Smoke Jaguars. If that is how you want to play it, and fade away to canon, that's your problem. In the meantime we will recruit pilots whom are skilled and/or eager to learn. Fun first, competition second, it is just a game after all.

#19 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:48 PM

View PostKhan Ignotus Kotare, on 27 November 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

You assume that they will even cooperate with you to begin with, yet you have made no progress.

That's for me to know. G'day Khan, thanks for keeping my thread bumped.

#20 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:01 AM

Anyone else getting a little tired "Khan" Ignotus and his Omega Galaxy taking the thread off topic here?

Edit: A little friendly teasing don't spaz out over it

Edited by TheSilkenPimp, 28 November 2014 - 05:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users