#1 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

I am still new to this game having started in june

when the Tiber wolf went on sale I bought three on Oct 7, now I just fired the game up and it says my TW's are invalid

I tried to go to the patch notes but I am to upset to read and pick apart to figure out what it says

can someone please explain to me what the heck happened?

#2 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

It is a glitch I think. Log out and log back in and see if it fixes. If it doesn't, just try launching one and see if it fixes itself.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 21 October 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#3 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:13 PM

Does your Timberwolves involve any S pod pieces? If so, they just got Jump Jets locked in place. If you had no JJs installed on your mech, they just got force installed on you. Now, your mechs will be overweight.

You will need to either remove the S pods, or make room for the new JJs that are there. Your mechs should be showing the "overtonnaged" warning.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

What Tsunie said.
All Jumpjet-related Omnimechs will be invalid due the new jumpjet changes with fixed JJs to an omnipod.

#5 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostKoniving, on 21 October 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

What Tsunie said.
All Jumpjet-related Omnimechs will be invalid due the new jumpjet changes with fixed JJs to an omnipod.

HAH! I beat you to this one! :P

#6 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

do you think I should contact support if so who do I contact in support

#7 Ashan An

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 21 October 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

No need, all you need t odo is to re-configure the mechs

#8 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:43 PM

Please read the patch notes next time, as they would have explained the situation to you.

Though there are a lot of helpfull people in this sub-forum, it's not nice to push work upon them, that you could have done yourself.

;)

Edited by Egomane, 21 October 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#9 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

Please read the patch notes next time, as they would have explained the situation to you.

Though there are a lot of helpfull people in this sub-forum, it's not nice to push work upon them, that you could have done yourself.

yeah thanks

thanks a lot your a big help

#10 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 21 October 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

yeah thanks

Well the patch notes DO explain whats going on with your Timberwolves....

OmniPods that provide additional jump jet slots have been changed to automatically include those jump jets as fixed equipment.
'Mechs with these OmniPods equipped may experience invalid loadouts until they are edited in the MechLab.
The OmniPods affected are:
Kit Fox S: Left Leg, Left Torso, Right Leg, Right Torso.
Timber Wolf S: Left Torso, Center Torso, Right Torso.

http://mwomercs.com/...45-21-oct-2014/

Edited by Saxie, 21 October 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#11 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 21 October 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

yeah thanks

Well, you did have your answer. And then a moderator suggested that patch notes are probably a thing you should read. As someone who both takes the game seriously and tries to help out in this sub-forum, I think Egomane's point was well made and at the appropriate time. It's not like anybody left you hanging, but a lot of things in this game actually are hard to find the answers for, so a number of us work hard to provide them here, but when they were plainly in the patch notes and often discussed over the last couple of weeks, well.... I would have answered your question if I'd gotten here, but, to be completely blunt, I appreciate somebody saying "this answer is easily available" when very many aren't.

#12 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:24 PM

Sorry bro, your Timberwolves have been nerfed. You'll have to bring locked-in Jump Jets to use those S sections, which may very well have undesirable side effects (such as taking more JJ than you want, or their location in the way of other items). Now you feel my pain as a Summoner pilot!

Same thing applies to everyone, though, so you'll have to adjust your builds and move on. Online games with frequent patching should expect numerous balance passes, and this change was announced in official posts for weeks in advance in addition to being written clearly in the patch notes.

#13 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:08 PM

I am on the forum every day and I saw nothing, I expected the nerf machine to arrive in NOV

just like in my e-mail to support I don't fully understand all the Omni pod stuff

I only discovered Tue morning that if I unchecked a box for lower arm actuator I picked up another slot
the mod could have put up a link to support or a link to some of the threads your talking about

ok fine no big I get where he is coming from

#14 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:08 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 21 October 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

I am on the forum every day and I saw nothing, I expected the nerf machine to arrive in NOV

The Jump-Jet situation was explained in Russ' "Road Map" post.

#15 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:57 AM

I get this on a few random mechs after i've finished a match. It drops me back or at least it used to into the mechbay and a few mechs would appear stripped with the little flashing warning triangle at the bottom. But as soon as i click on one of them Whoomf all the components are restored it's just yet another Bug. Like the constant machine gun SFX.

#16 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:03 PM

do people actually try to fix problems before coming onto forums? If OP had even clicked on "Loadouts", the game would have automatically stripped the invalid part and and he can just rebuild from there.

The new S torso in game DO show the hard fixed JJ. That's not THAT hard to read right?

I'm surprised how nice people actually are in this forum.

This guy didn't even read replies that answered his question before posting this

View PostDavegt27, on 21 October 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

And THEN he takes a piss on a mod who is advising him to go through patch notes properly next time

/slow clap

Edited by knightsljx, 22 October 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#17 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

If the player is new to the battletech universe and to how things are tweaked and such, reading the patch notes /direct player to patch note section as a friendly reminder then advised that with the fixed JJ, the player will need to rearrangment/remove some other components or switch omni-pods until the mech is at or below the max weight.

http://mwomercs.com/...61-patch-notes/
  • OmniPods that provide additional jump jet slots have been changed to automatically include those jump jets as fixed equipment.
    • 'Mechs with these OmniPods equipped may experience invalid loadouts until they are edited in the MechLab.
    • The OmniPods affected are:
      • Kit Fox S: Left Leg, Left Torso, Right Leg, Right Torso.
      • Timber Wolf S: Left Torso, Center Torso, Right Torso.
    • Of course this particular player does have over 430 posts on the forums.... :) Just do not wish for actual newbies to get the wrong idea or be skittish with asking questions.

#18 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:01 PM

You have to be skittish because if you ask too many questions you just get ignored

You also have to carful what and how you post

Most of the time I feel like I just walked into a room when there is a conversation going on about battle tech
I have asked about CW 2 times and never received and answer

I now remember this

http://mwomercs.com/...45-21-oct-2014/

But I skipped over the clan stuff and went right to the weapons

As I said in another post how about I go over to your house and change out you four wheels and tire and put some small donut tires on your car

Anyway I received an answer from support but I will wait for tomorrow’s hot fix and see what happens

#19 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:11 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 22 October 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

As I said in another post how about I go over to your house and change out you four wheels and tire and put some small donut tires on your car

That would seem like a rude move. Except for the fact that the car may actually be tampered with in this way by the manufacturer, as this is what you explicitly agreed to (through the terms of agreement), the moment you applied for your driver's license (installed the game) and bought the 'car'. It's the nature of online gaming. And just as with driving a car, it's the driver's responsibility to keep tabs on any changing laws/traffic signs that apply (at least that's the way things go over here) so they can't claim ignorance for breaking the law.

#20 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:10 AM

yeah yeah I am sure when you go to buy something like Pirelli tires and they put cooper tires on your car you would not say something

give me a break

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users