Known Issues And Faqs For Patch 1.3.345

24 replies to this topic

#1 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

Regarding the Invalid Loadout status for the KFX and TBR, along with general Loadout errors/missing equipment

After confirming the prompt to strip the affected slots for the KFX and TBR, you’ll need to enter the Loadout screen and save the current Loadout in order to return the items to your inventory and remove the Invalid Loadout status.

Other Loadout errors – such as missing inventory items – can be resolved by stripping the affected ‘Mechs, saving the stripped Loadout, then re-loading the client. All missing items should be restored to your inventory.

We realize this is a pretty annoying bug, so please be assured we are working to knock it out entirely.

Regarding missing or un-redeemed ‘Mechs

There is currently an issue which sometimes prevents all items from not being fully redeemed after your initial post-patch log-in. Logging out and logging back in should fully redeem all the items you are eligible for.

Regarding texture or geometry glitches in ‘MechLab

These occasionally pop up after applying a patch, particularly with new ‘Mechs, but should be resolvable with a run of the MWO Repair Tool located in your \MechWarrior Online\Bin32 folder.

Regarding changes to the KFX and TBR Loadouts

As per the information outlined in the Patch Notes and Russ's October Road Map:

The current rule for Omnimechs is that slots are set by the Prime variant. For instance, the Prime variant of the Summoner has 5 fixed JJs and this rule is dictated across each variant. We are expanding this rule slightly when it comes specifically to Jump Jets so that the rule is determined by the variant instead. What this can mean, for example, is that the Timber Wolf S variant will come with 5 fixed JJs. This also means that if you are using (again, for example) the Timber Wolf Prime and decide to equip the RT omnipod of the Timber Wolf S you will have 2 fixed Jump Jets and another 2 if you equip the LT omnipod.

This brings the TBR and KFX in line with the same rule being applied to all other Omni 'Mechs.

#2 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

Unless the White color for the CN9-AH is the PC Gamer White then it is missing from the Owned colors list. Was also under the impression that once a color was added it was usable on all your mechs.

#3 I_Garrosh Hellscream_I

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 14 posts
  • LocationThe Wyatt Family Farm

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:47 PM

can we not get a fix for the crashes the game is going through. Enter a match, and it kicks me straight to desktop. No error message, nothing....

#4 WyldWilk

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

Going to the home screen instead of mechlab is a bit of a pain in the arse. I own 25 mech's atm and like to swap modules and tweak them in-between each match. the only thing i do in the home screen is sell stuff occasionally, at least let us have a choice in settings allowing us to choose which screen to go to.

#5 Revengex

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:50 PM

Jesus. Can't you stop tweaking the game? Just when you get a play style down you change the weapons. How frigging in professional! Just stop changing things so you can pretend you know what the hell you are doing.

Balance is your way of forcing everyone to buy new crap. Give everyone a refund if you can't keep physics the same. Clan mechs are crap now.

#6 Orvanick

Rookie

• Subaltern
  • Subaltern
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:18 AM

View PostRevengex, on 21 October 2014 - 11:50 PM, said:

Jesus. Can't you stop tweaking the game? Just when you get a play style down you change the weapons. How frigging in professional! Just stop changing things so you can pretend you know what the hell you are doing.

Balance is your way of forcing everyone to buy new crap. Give everyone a refund if you can't keep physics the same. Clan mechs are crap now.

I'm afraid I have to agree with this. The reason why I bought a TBR-S omnipod is so I can have ballistic and missile hard points on my TBR prime's left torso for symmetry.

Now you guys fit in 2 jumpjets I have to take out 2 stacks of LRM ammo which means my TBR has 50% less missiles to fire. The 2 jumpjets are just sitting there as dead weight; I need to reduce my armor or remove some other crucial equipment just to get the LRM count back.

Can you at least create another TBR variant to have jumpjets instead of changing the fixed load out of the current one? This is the second time I have to waste hard earned c-bills to change invalid errors in my mechs. And the last time wasn't as bad as this.

Edited by Orvanick, 22 October 2014 - 02:19 AM.

#7 QuaxDerBruchpilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 319 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:33 AM

Ok, quoting the OP doesn't work for me ... well then:

Since I wasn't aware of the "Open-mechlab-confirm-Messages-open-invalid-loadout-save-invaid-loadout"-procedure in order to regain the removed items (sorry for missing the obvious process to repair a 'Mech broken by PGI),I instead simply changed repaired the layout and saved my 'Mech. Of ourse I noticed tat I again had to buy those items that where installed prior to the bug update patch.

Do I now get back those missing items? Should they be in my inventory right now, or are they lost forever? Not a big deal C-Bill-wise, but anyway ...

Thanks

#8 Kivatu

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:40 AM

did they removed the cockpit chime/alert when we are being targeted by opponent?

#9 TuntematonSika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 122 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPig with an identity crisis.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

What alert?

#10 BafGandalf

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostKivatu, on 22 October 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

did they removed the cockpit chime/alert when we are being targeted by opponent?

I think that comes with Radar Deprivation. At least for me.

Regards,

#11 BlackMorgan

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

My Locust has a 170 xl engine. Before I earned the speed tweak, it went 137kph. After the speed tweek it was 151kph. Now I am back to 137kph. Was this the intent of this patch, or an unexpected side effect, bug?

Oh, I see what is going on. The speed in not being correctly displayed in the mech bay? But if you mouse over the mech, the speed is correct there in the pop up

Edited by BlackMorgan, 22 October 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#12 Alakan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:37 PM

What does "Unknown Failure" mean? Probably the hardest thing to answer, I know. But had to ask anyway.

Happens when I log in and the "Connecting" screen appears.

I'm guessing I should just wait and see if the hotfix deals with it tomorrow then?

#13 SpOoKy777

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 148 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

Had the same "Unknown Failure" yesterday...hot-fix fixed it for me :)

#14 Gritash

• PipPip
  • Star Commander
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:32 AM

Why did you nerf JJ's by making them fixed?? i dont want to jump high, i dont need to. i need to be the LRM TBR i was. you effectively castrated me with this new patch :( thanks dudes.. thanks alot...

#15 gordogomez

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

The machmaker never drops me now after today's hotfix. I am in a Light and there are only 7% Lights in the queue. However I've been waiting 15 minutes and still no drop...

#16 ChaosAvenger0

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOntario

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

My game was fine yesterday, patched in the 'hot fix' this afternoon and now I have the "Unknown Failure".

#17 gordogomez

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:36 AM

Hmmm, my client never asked for a patch...can I force it to patch??

#18 Alakan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:18 PM

I was able to log in and play a few games before the hotfix. Was playing right up until the servers went down for maintenance. Was able to jump back in an hour later. Able to log in just fine. Played a few games.

Getting Unknown Failure again now.

#19 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

So with this new change the TW losses 3 tons on two of the variants (each JJ weighs 1 ton)

Was this intentional? Seems kind of sneaky why not say hey we are reducing your mechs weight by 3 tons

Also you have two JJ's locked on one torso seems kind of crazy

And the cry engine fails are back with a vengeance

new term for you game instability

#20 Polecat Z

Rookie

• The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

I can't seem to find anything in the patch notes that would explain why my old BLR-1G would be 3 tons overweight and need to be reduced. Not a jump jet thing, obviously, and lord knows the BLR does not need nerfing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users