• Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

for the few drops ive played so far, i thing this is extremely cool

#22 AlphaStruck

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

Another PGI lunch break brainstorm. Sounds good in someones head and fails in reality. This is overcomplicated and a blatant attempt to change play behavior to what you think it should be with negative actions. These rewards are far to complex or triggered by accident to actually change the game, not to mention NO ONE will change their winning play style to see those rewards pop up. We play to win... killing the other team is the challenge not triggering your rules. There is no magic math formula or trigger code that will find all those little things a player does at the right time to turn the tide for his team.

Here is the fix:
Four class rewards system

(1) Damage dealing, component, etc
(2) Tanking, absorbing damage while a teammate hits enemy, AMS reward(needed ASAP), ECM covering,saviour damage,etc
(3)Scouting, Spotting, TAG, NARC, etc
(4)Tactical rewards, Your new stuff, Flank,etc

Every mech should get cbill/exp for everything but more/less for your chassis' role with all getting 100% of the class (4) rewards

Example:

Assault Tank mech:
(1) 50% cbill/exp for these rewards
(2) 200% cbill/exp for these rewards
(3) 25% cbill/exp for these rewards

Heavy Direct Fire oriented mech
(1) 150% cbill/exp for these rewards
(2) 50%% cbill/exp for these rewards
(3) 25% cbill/exp for these rewards

Light scout mech
(1) 50% cbill/exp for these rewards
(2) 25% cbill/exp for these rewards
(3) 250% cbill/exp for these rewards

Not all mechs in a class will receive same rewards but most will. A FS9-S should get more in the class (2) for the AMS cover it provides and a FS9-K needs more in (1). These will have to be tweaked until every weight class starts getting same amount of rewards for a well played game.

There you go, what you were trying to achieve done at least better and more simple. Someone else has better idea please let them know so we can stop this before it becomes another temp fix accepted only because they moved on.

#23 AlphaStruck

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

That said, a move from cbills for winning only and nothing else seemed to matter is a good one. Performance should be king.

#24 BlackMorgan

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

Not sure I care for the new system yet. It is very difficult to get points to level my Locust and the use of expendables is no longer affordable. Oh well...

#25 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

If they had better matchmaking or balance, I wouldn't mind them gutting the rewards system like this. But with a system where they keep implementing ghost heat on weapons to counter that they didn't have the foresight to use the TT heat point cap, and where the matchmaker will match a team of all IS mechs vs a team that is over half Clan mechs, requiring people to carry pubbies up hill is a needless punishment.

#26 Jaranath

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

I like the fact that rewards are getting some creative reconsideration. I do NOT like the (so far) effective nerf on net reward per match that I'm seeing. We'll see but...so far, not a fan.

#27 Chilong

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:49 PM

533xp in 6 rounds.

I really like the ideas behind the new rewards but so far the reality sucks.

#28 Hannibal Chow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 143 posts
  • LocationGibson FWL

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:17 PM

View PostChilong, on 21 October 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

533xp in 6 rounds.

I really like the ideas behind the new rewards but so far the reality sucks.

Seconded, my earnings a waaay down. :(

#29 Chilong

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostJaz 249, on 21 October 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

Seconded, my earnings a waaay down. :(

I guess try putting on 1 LRM 5 so you get the flanking bonus. Basically only 2xp from assists now and 20 for hitting someone who can't see you. I'm still not getting as much as I used to but it's a little more.

#30 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

So just had an amazing game, the kind they say they want... 12 to 10 with a raven and my torn up stormcrow left vs. an atlas for the win. I got 3 kills 5 assists 712 damage with a match score of 103. Flanking bonus, being in my lance bonus, savior, kill, etc. etc. I received 119k. That's what I would have gotten from a "splash my laser" 12 assist match before.... This new system is nothing but a ninja nerf to increase MC and I think your player base is smarter than that. It needs some major changes to be the positive change people thought it could be.

#31 Hannibal Chow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 143 posts
  • LocationGibson FWL

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:01 PM

OK, played a few games in different classes to attempt to give Russ and the guys the benifit of the doubt.

Still awful on the cbill earnings, this is a huge step backwards imo, I'm done with this game untill this stupidity from the devs ends, kiss my cash goodbye .

#32 mmstahlman

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:38 PM

So, explain this...

Posted Image

Posted Image

109.482??? what the ... ........ . .. ........

Edited by mmstahlman, 21 October 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#33 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:15 PM

I'm seeing 30% less cbills. Why not just increase the cost of DHS to 1.65M, or UAVs to 52k, why nerf the cbills? Why so hard? is it because you think you've given too much out in challenges? what could you possibly be thinking???

#34 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:19 PM

While I was considering buying the new IS pack, THERE IS NO WAY IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NOW. NOT A CHANCE. Clear enough?

#35 GuyFleegman

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, something is definitely wrong. From what has been said, you guys nerfed existing play styles to boost other play styles. I'm not sure why you thought existing play styles needed a nerf. We just wanted to encourage lights and mediums (who usually didn't fare as well in the "old" way). So buff lights and medium roles but don't nerf the existing heavy/assault roles.

I just did 1 kill, 8 assists, 3 comp. dest., 471 damage while trying to master my Boar's Head and I got 475 XP. Ugh. That's demotivating.

#36 Postumus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:39 PM

I already made this post in general, but the thread has a bunch of invective and hyperbole, so it's probably going to get locked. Posting in the proper feedback thread instead.

I am definitely in favor of keeping this new reward scheme, but it needs serious tweaking, especially on the XP rewards side, and especially for losses.

I would also like to see a reward for doing damage to the same target one or more teammates did damage to within the last two seconds, with the rewards scaling for the number of teammates that are shooting that same target. This would be a great incentive to get people to focus targets.

Another good reward would be one for accuracy - something like killing a mech while doing at least 60% of the damage to the center torso (or side torso for XL mechs). Right now, there is an incentive to do the most possible damage to a target, when the best way to get a kill is to destroy the engine. This rewards people who run inefficient LRM boats, because they damage the entire mech, and penalizes people who kill cleanly.

#37 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:04 PM

I've been making significantly more c-bills when I have a good match, and a bit less when I have a poor one. I like the new system, as it seems to reward good gameplay a great deal more. Broke 400k in at least one match today (with premium).

For those putting up good numbers, and getting poor returns I would say it helps significantly if you focus down a target at a time (like you should have been doing anyways). Getting the solo kill+kill+most damage kill makes it rain C-Bills.

#38 patibaul

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:09 PM

This system look good, only one thing bad, and it destroy whole gameplay.
It let people earn less CB!(At least 30%, and for some play style, less then 50% when win, if lose, you earn less 70% CB)
Especially the [color=#959595]heavy/assault.[/color]

#39 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:50 PM

The rewards idea might be good. I hope that I will not see the overall increase in the income!
The main purpose of the rewards should not be speeding up the process of gaining C-Bills, but it should be just making people work together in a team to earn as much as they used to.

Please balance it so that we do not notice overall increase in the C-Bill gain.

Edited by lunticasylum, 21 October 2014 - 11:53 PM.

#40 Greeneye

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 62 posts
  • LocationParma, Italy

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:03 AM

I like very much the new rewards but the incomes have to go higher in gereral (10-15%) and much more in some 'difficult' task (for example 'solo kill', 'stealth tag' and so on).

Edited by Greeneye, 22 October 2014 - 02:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users