#41 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:13 AM

View PostPhaeric Cyrh, on 21 October 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

I want to be careful not to offend, because that is not my aim at all.. But the new scoring system rewards team cooperation and tactics rather than just smash points. It also seems to really carve out nicely role warfare giving rewards for those different play styles. If you find your XP and C-bill totals are down, try to re-examine your playing style to see where you can more align it with the rewards system and I think you will see those totals begin to climb.

I do stick with my lance and work as in the group. Not a lone wolf! Battles played out in a similar fashion. I was getting lance awards and most damage awards which I thought was a good improvement. The overall total for my participation is down overall. I was grinding already to upgrade skills trees. It will take 30-50% longer with the new scoring! I love the new scoring system compared to the old. I was hoping there may be a few more comments on perceived reward totals in comparison to the old system. Maybe in the next few days. What style of play has benefited most from the new scoring?

#42 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:34 AM

All I know is I like the idea of the new rewards we are getting. BUT Im getting less CB than I got be4 win or lose. I LOVE the idea with the new stats, and what you get rewards for, the numbers just dont jive with what we were getting be4. Up the CB and XP for skill based things VS roll of the mech to make up for the loss in CB and all will be kosher.

Edited by Funkadelic Mayhem, 22 October 2014 - 02:41 AM.

#43 Selbatrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 140 posts
  • LocationFRR

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:36 AM

Only had the chance to play about 6 drops in my lights and see my earnings same or up. Actually driving the capture, spotting and harassing style up instead of a pure kill, dam and assist as it used to be. Now my dam can be down, no kills and I can rack up over 140k.

This might not be where it needs to be yet but it is a real step in the right direction!

I think I will be dropping some $$$ on the new IS pack. Looks like they are finally heading in the right direction role warfare wise which was desperately needed :)

#44 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:52 AM

Ok, some people really need to relax a little.. If PGI wanted to increase the grind there are much easier ways to do it than a complete revamp of the scoring system. Give this a little time for people to adjust to the new scoring method, and for PGI to look at how things are working out, and I can guarantee there will be some tweaking done in the future.

The only way these guys have of figuring out how this is all going to work is by letting the community take Rewards 2.0 for a test drive and see what happens.

I really don't understand why people freak out and jump over board every time a change is made.. Quit threatening to take your ball and go home every time something changes, it makes you sound sophomoric.

Edited by Phaeric Cyrh, 22 October 2014 - 04:52 AM.

#45 Xione87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:54 AM

I've allready posted in another topic but I think this cannot be said enough:

Rewards 2.0 punishes people who actually deal damage, who engage enemies head on so they cannot flank their team and who act as area denial. Overall rewards are now way too low, the game is becoming very grindy.

The spirit of the system is actually good, but it needs tweaking. I liked the suggestions of a focus fire reward and AMS rewards, and perhaps also a reward for the damage you took if your team wins (rewards tanky assault mechs). Overall rewards for damage and assists should probably be a bit higher.
To summarise; the new reward system is not very rewarding...

#46 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:57 AM

View PostBrizna, on 21 October 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

I also love the spirit. Still need time to get more samples, but I'm generally receiving more than I used to, but I play lights and mediums so that's only expected and fair, since previous system was unfair to those two weight classes.

There is one thing that is wrong though, it's not big but it's bad. Lance bonus, if your random lance mate is afk you'll never get it unless a light kills it early. Also don't quite understand the inspiration for it, you mean that if your fellow light raven goes out scouting that's bad team play??

That's why you get separate bonuses for scouting, hit and run etc.. The scoring system seems to be trying to reward role warfare. Your sniper/scout mech may not get "Lance in Formation" but your teammate dire wolf isn't racking up scout or tag points either.

#47 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:02 AM

View PostXione87, on 22 October 2014 - 04:54 AM, said:

I've allready posted in another topic but I think this cannot be said enough:

Rewards 2.0 punishes people who actually deal damage, who engage enemies head on so they cannot flank their team and who act as area denial. Overall rewards are now way too low, the game is becoming very grindy.

The spirit of the system is actually good, but it needs tweaking. I liked the suggestions of a focus fire reward and AMS rewards, and perhaps also a reward for the damage you took if your team wins (rewards tanky assault mechs). Overall rewards for damage and assists should probably be a bit higher.
To summarise; the new reward system is not very rewarding...

I'm not sure I agree with you.. I have been running my Ember, which for all intents and purposes is a brawler, (yes I know snicker snicker). I don't have TAG and I stick with my lance and support "the big uglies" by joining my fire in active brawls. I even got a couple solo kills on Assault mechs (which is pretty rewarding). I don't do damage like an assault (averaging around 450 damage a round and 1-3 kills) but I was still earning 2-300K per win.

That is down a touch from what I was earning, but not by very much.. I would agree that some tweaking is needed.. But I really don't think it's as bad as what some are making it out to be.

Edited by Phaeric Cyrh, 22 October 2014 - 05:30 AM.

#48 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:10 AM

I've noticed my lights are getting far less than they were before, with my Assaults, Heavies and Mediums earning about the same. Had a decent game in my Jenner, 350 damage, 1 kill and 5 assist, winning the round - 88k. I've almost never gotten less then 100k on any victory before.

I've also noticed that I'm earning considerably less XP than before.

I like the idea of this system but assist need to be buffed more again, and other rewards should be more significant. My losing games have been paying significantly less, and my winning games slightly more for an average game, and a lot less for an amazing game

Edited by Troutmonkey, 22 October 2014 - 05:13 AM.

#49 Xione87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:12 AM

View PostPhaeric Cyrh, on 22 October 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

I'm not sure I agree with you.. I have been running my Ember, which for all intents and purposes is a brawler, (yes I know snicker snicker). I don't have TAG and I stick with my lance and support "the big uglies" by joining my fire in active brawls. I even got a couple solo kills on Assault mechs (which is pretty rewarding). I don't do damage like an assault (averaging around 450 damage a round and 1-3 kills) but I was still earning 2-300K per win.

That is down a touch from what I was earning, but not by very much.. I would agree that some tweaking is needed.. But I really don't think it's as bad as what some are making it out to be.

If that's down from what you were earning I envy your bank account :P Are you running premium time in addition to the Ember bonus?

Anyway; I just had a decent game earning 140k but my performance wasn't even that great. A game before that I just broke 100K while doing over 600 damage with plenty of assists and 2 kills. So it seems rewards are very random, very likely due to situational rewards such as flanking and saviour kills.

I can't make heads or tails of this system, good matches are rewarded mediocre while a mediocre match is rewarded decently.

#50 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:20 AM

View PostXione87, on 22 October 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

If that's down from what you were earning I envy your bank account :P Are you running premium time in addition to the Ember bonus?

Anyway; I just had a decent game earning 140k but my performance wasn't even that great. A game before that I just broke 100K while doing over 600 damage with plenty of assists and 2 kills. So it seems rewards are very random, very likely due to situational rewards such as flanking and saviour kills.

I can't make heads or tails of this system, good matches are rewarded mediocre while a mediocre match is rewarded decently.

Yes, premium time.. I have not had the same disparity as others.. In fact, while my Ember may be down slightly in performance, my Raven 3L with TAG/NARC/BAP/Sensor Range?ECM seems to be earning more.

Edited by Phaeric Cyrh, 22 October 2014 - 06:20 AM.

#51 FIRESTORM91

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

I think the new reward system is much better than what was perviously implemented. It definitely needs refinement but all in all this system seems to better encourage people to follow their roles on the battlefield. At least now I get rewarded for stepping in front of a legged teammate to soak damage so they can get back into cover.

#52 cRaZy8or5e

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:29 AM

I like encouragement to maintain a role. However, as compared with cbill earnings before, even getting role bonuses, I'm at about 30-40% less from what I earned before.

Scouts/Lights didn't really notice much of a difference.

Edited by cRaZy8or5e, 22 October 2014 - 06:29 AM.

#53 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:41 AM

View PostcRaZy8or5e, on 22 October 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

I like encouragement to maintain a role. However, as compared with cbill earnings before, even getting role bonuses, I'm at about 30-40% less from what I earned before.

Scouts/Lights didn't really notice much of a difference.

Wow.. Really? I am going to have to post some screen shots but even in losing matches I am breaking 100K in c-bills withmy scout mech.. I just got out of a loss with slightly over 100k and I did sub 100 damage with only 2 kill assists.. A crappy offensive performance.. I did however do a lot of scouting/spotting.. I got many NARC and TAG kills and affiliated rewards... Seems I was paid pretty handsomely for a lackluster offensive effort in which I performed the role of scout well.

Edited by Phaeric Cyrh, 22 October 2014 - 06:42 AM.

#54 Dakari1109321

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 392 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:44 AM

8 assist = 14xp...

Is this normal?
Now it will be so?
Or is it a bug?

#55 Airox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:47 AM

The new rewards are fundamentally flawed. They encourage different play, but they don't encourage good play.

Good play would have some scouts relaying intelligence (lance formation bonus discourages this). Then either taking long distance firing positions or pushing in for a brawl. At this point you want to focus fire. A bunch of mechs hitting the same target at once. This should reward people with assists (new rewards don't really). Even more so, this should reward people when they hit a target at the same time that a teammate does. Solo kills ideally will be very rare. If solo kills are common then things are going badly, and yet they are highly rewarded. Stepping in front of a damaged ally is not necessarily a good thing. If an ally is legged, but has his weapons, then by stepping in between you change what would have been 2v1 into a 1v1, bad for you.

Examples of the rewards system rewarding the wrong things. I like that the system is expanded, but don't encourage bad play.

#56 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:55 AM

Apparently screen shots don't work.. I guess I need to use some 3rd party software?

Anyway.. Another losing match in my Raven 3L. 1kill, 2 Assists, 330 Damage.

162,000 (rounded down) Cbills
1,226 XP

I do have premium time, but as you can see, I wasn't stomping face in my Raven.. I did however do a lot of scouting, TAG, NARC etc. Seems at least the role of scout is working well.. I'm not lone wolfing either, I ma getting light protect and lance in formation bonuses as well.

I can see how brawler builds may now be getting somewhat shorted as the rewards for my Ember are down a little (not a scout build). I'm sure there will be some tweaking in the near future.

Edited by Phaeric Cyrh, 22 October 2014 - 06:56 AM.

#57 Volks Ward

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:02 AM

Here is my piece in this. As mainly a light mech pilot most of my cbills and xp came from assists. Partial from tags but mostly from zipping around fight to fight adding extra hitting power than redeploying. Now I know the are looking to be more role based with it, but assists promote good team play and work. Now with it lowered I am going to have to try and snipe out kills instead of working as a team to get the xp and cbills I need. My only suggestion is a revamp on the assists since that does promote team work and unit cohesion.

OK rant over.

On another note I do like the way you expanded the rewards for flanking and tagging.

#58 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:07 AM

This encourage some bad play, Please remove or reduce the Solo Kill reward, and add in a reward for successful focus fire.
Stop rewarding brawlers for bringing a tag laser over an actual weapon.

Thanks,
Mogney

#59 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:09 AM

I think it's a good thing to reward simply touching every member of the opposing team less. I always thought that was kind of a cheesy way to farm c-bills..

I never really played that way.. I mean attacks of opportunity, yeah take them.. But it doesn't bother me that simply grazing a bunch of opponents is no longer as rewarding.

#60 Semper Fi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe Great North West of US

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

Ok, I have played about 7 hours now with the new system, and here are my thoughts, and suggestions.

First I am making less money than before, but I think this is due to assist money going down.
Otherwise my play style is still getting paid out well except in the following scenario:
My team 1 - 4 kills, theirs 12. Payout is like 55K with Mech and premium. My damage was low, and had at least one or two assists, but died early. (explains the low payout)

My team wins, theirs 1-4 kills payout is like 160+ depending on my damage, amount of damage on one mech, solo-kill.

SO new system rewards better group play, but heavily depresses crap group play.
Exception, Disconnects need to be removed from Lance earnings. Meaning that if you have less than 4 with a disco in Lance you should not be penalized. If you have a light in your lance you should not be penalized.

Also I had a lot of coincidences around the death of an enemy mech that I would like to be explained.

I shot the mech, it exploded, chat window showed same mech being killed by someone else. (10+ times)
So, I check killing blows bonus, but don't know how many I did. (Math but should be 2 Killing blows = X amount of money)

So question I shoot the final round killing a mech, does the death of that mech get put into the pilot that did the most damage to that mech? I get the deathblow, but not the pop-up "Semper Fi kills X"?

If this is the case then that does explain the reduction in "Assist" rewards, but I just want to know.

The other and last thing that should be changed, is 20K should be the minimum, regardless of Mech/Premium time.
Use the code that says (mech moved, shot a couple of times counts as lance person.)

Semper Fi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users