Ppc Heat Changes?

11 replies to this topic

#1 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

Patch said something about PPCs are now heat something of 7.0? I notice it on my Warhawk, I can now only chain fire 6 C ERPPC before having to stop, compared to the 8 before today.

Is the Warhawk ever going to see some quirks that help it truly shine as the energy boat it is? 2 less shots might not seem like much but in the heat of battle, it certainly doesnt help to have to stop firing that much sooner, esp since the mech doesnt really get much in the way of back up weapons to fire while it cools off.

And im just wondering, whats that 7.0 in the patch notes even on about? In game heat reads the same as 10/10/15......so, what was it? Ghost heat?

#2 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:09 PM

Its the multiplier for Ghost Heat. If you don't trigger Ghost Heat. You will not notice any difference.

Edited by Eddrick, 21 October 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#3 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:37 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...cale-the-maths/

The old PPC Ghost Heat listed here is already 7. Dunno why it PPC was mentioned again.

#4 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

im thinking that they were different between PPC, ERPPC and cERPPC, and they have all been normalized to 7?....

*shrugs*

don't know the previous values off the top of my head, so i can't say for sure. but that is how the post reads

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 21 October 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

All Clan and IS PPCs now have a 7.0 heat scale multiplier.

as in they didnt ALL have it before...maybe...idk

Edited by KamikazeRat, 21 October 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#5 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 21 October 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

im thinking that they were different between PPC, ERPPC and cERPPC, and they have all been normalized to 7?....

*shrugs*

don't know the previous values off the top of my head, so i can't say for sure. but that is how the post reads

as in they didnt ALL have it before...maybe...idk

Prolly so, cuz I surely cant fire 8 chain firing them now......6 is the highest I can get before having to stop to cool off.....using the same split second pause between each shot.

#6 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:52 PM

you need to space them better...base heat is unchanged, you are definitely tripping ghost heat if you notice a difference, WHK-Prime requires patience, even as you are getting eaten, make each shot count, and time them consistantly for maximum DPS

EDIT: further thoughts: time between each PPC needs to be .25 seconds if you're firing one at a time, .5 if you're double-firing, doesn't sound like a lot, but you can probably click 4-8 times in that amount of time. so you have to be careful with it. also, the farther you space your shots, the more time all those DHS you're running have to work between each shot. also, have your double-taps and alpha ready for when something gets in your face...close aim, bam, twist, twist back, bam....if that doesn't do it, and you're screwed anyway, line up your shot and alpha. risky gamble, if they don't die, you certainly will as you sit there and steam. many a 4ppc alpha has killed the guy in my face right before he would have killed me.

Edited by KamikazeRat, 21 October 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#7 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 21 October 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

you need to space them better...base heat is unchanged, you are definitely tripping ghost heat if you notice a difference, WHK-Prime requires patience, even as you are getting eaten, make each shot count, and time them consistantly for maximum DPS

EDIT: further thoughts: time between each PPC needs to be .25 seconds if you're firing one at a time, .5 if you're double-firing, doesn't sound like a lot, but you can probably click 4-8 times in that amount of time. so you have to be careful with it. also, the farther you space your shots, the more time all those DHS you're running have to work between each shot. also, have your double-taps and alpha ready for when something gets in your face...close aim, bam, back twist, bam....if that doesn't do it, take the gamble, line up your shot and alpha. risky gamble, if they don't die, you certainly will. many a 4ppc alpha has killed the guy in my face right before he killed me.

I am easily waiting .25s between single shots.

But it brings me back to my next part of my OP...when is the Warhawk getting quirks to better let it be an energy boat? 10% increase to DHS cooling ability would be an awesome spot to start. 10% less heat generation from energy weapons would be another.

and my 4 ERPPC are currently on my elited x2 WHK-B.

and this change to CERPPC almost makes the lvl4 CERPPC CD mod I have seem alot less valuable.....

#8 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 21 October 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

further thoughts: time between each PPC needs to be .25 seconds if you're firing one at a time, .5 if you're double-firing

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 21 October 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

I am easily waiting .25s between single shots.

Needs to be a full 0.5, what you're suggesting is the same issue the AC2 chainfire bug had, where if you fired 2 or more staggered you just kept making the heat scale go another level. Same will happen with many PPCs.

#9 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

What happened here is inner sphere ER PPC's had a heat scaling of 7.

Clan ER PPC's had a heat scaling lower than 7?

In today's patch, clan ER PPC's were raised to a heat scaling of 7, to match inner sphere ER PPC's?

This affects clan ER PPC's only?

Edited by I Zeratul I, 21 October 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#10 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 21 October 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

What happened here is inner sphere ER PPC's had a heat scaling of 7.

Clan ER PPC's had a heat scaling lower than 7?

In today's patch, clan ER PPC's were raised to a heat scaling of 7, to match inner sphere ER PPC's?

This affects clan ER PPC's only?

Well, CERPPC are the weapon im using and the weapon im questioning.

#11 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

One thing I remember was Ghost Heat multiplier for ERPPC was different then Standard PPC. They have the same multiplier now. I don't remember what the Clan ERPPC Ghost Heat multiplier was.

#12 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

Well, I've been using an awesome 8Q with 4 PPC's and chain fire spamming the hell out of people with it.

It would be hilarious to me if they nerfed normal PPC's to a point where that was no longer possible. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users