- - - - -

New Player, Looking For A Squad

7 replies to this topic

#1 Dutch0107

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

Hello,

I am long time fan of the MW Universe, but I only recently jumped into MWO. I enjoy and appreciate tactics and cooperative players. I have a family and a full time job so I am not looking for a heavy commitment. But if there is a squad/clan out there that could use a newbie who can learn quickly and work well with a team, I'm your guy. Thanks for the consideration, see you online.

#2 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:37 PM

First off, welcome to the game.

If you're a loyal son of the federated suns, or just looking for some guys to drop with and show you the ropes click on the image in my signature.

ETA:
Our teamspeak channel is "ts3.hhod.com:7345"

Edited by HlynkaCG, 21 October 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

I suggest having a look at the faction subforum http://mwomercs.com/...ons-merc-corps/ as well as the IS house and Clan forums if you have a favorite affiliation. You'll find no shortage of hiring merc corps there, and most are happy to bring in new players :)

#4 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

Feel free to check out the merc recruiting area - plenty of units in there who'd be happy to have you

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:05 PM

Welcome to MWO.

Direct recruiting isn't exactly allowed here (in the new player thread). To be able to post in the other threads, complete 25 matches.

However at various hours from morning and through the night, the Zhizhu mercs tend to be on whether it's MWO or other group-oriented free to play games.

It's home to a great many things, including BT/megamek players.

Though the login/pass isn't publicly given, the doors are always open for those invited to come and go as they please.

Tomorrow, after work (11 AM Eastern standard time is around when I'll be home and on), I'll be on for quite some hours between MWO and a few other endeavors. I'll be happy to walk you through anything you need then, as I know the first 25 matches can be a little difficult when mixing learning the game and fighting people together. I confess this game and Battletech are not one and the same as far as the rules and how things work. Close, but not quite close enough and so there will be a little bit of a learning curve even for you.

Good luck! Check your instant messages (envelope icon) for the TS address and pass.

Edited by Koniving, 21 October 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#6 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:02 AM

View PostDutch0107, on 21 October 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Hello,

I am long time fan of the MW Universe, but I only recently jumped into MWO. I enjoy and appreciate tactics and cooperative players. I have a family and a full time job so I am not looking for a heavy commitment. But if there is a squad/clan out there that could use a newbie who can learn quickly and work well with a team, I'm your guy. Thanks for the consideration, see you online.

Welcome to the game! If you are looking for a Unit to join, I suggest you check out the Merc Hall forums, Faction forums, or the Clan forums depending on your preferred alignment. You will find threads there advertising the various Units that are recruiting and will be able to contact one of their recruiters. You can also find Hiring Halls where you can post a brief overview of yourself, much as you did in your OP, that will allow recruiters to contact you.

Aside from that, try the NGNG TeamSpeak 3 server. A lot of Units will set up shop there and you may be able to join one then. Other than that, add me in-game and the next time we're both online, I'll help you find a good Unit to join. Though I'm currently a Lone Wolf, I have a lot of experience in Units and am on good terms with several of them. This isn't the place for me to list them though, but I could do that in an in-game or TS chat message. :)

#7 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:24 AM

check us out at cwdg.us .. both casual and competitive players and no shortage of help!

#8 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:42 AM

Please understand that this is not the forum to get recruited.

If you are looking for a unit to play with there are several forums you can take a look at.
- The house forums: Representing the units of the various inner sphere factions of the battletech universe.
- The clan forums: Representing returning defectors on a crusade to free the inner sphere, known as The Clans.
- The mercenaries: Fighting for the highest bidder or for personal fame.

If you don't want to look yourself, but instead want to get scouted, you can create a post in the hiring hall.

With that said, I'm closing here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users