What The Heck Is With The Fixed Jumpjets All Of A Sudden?

179 replies to this topic

#1 DarkAlman

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

I log in tonight and all my Timberwolf builds are all invalid because I have to mount fixed jump jets all of a sudden?

What the heck happened to these being omnimechs?

I call BS...

I paid $50 for this dang thing specifically to make these builds!

Edited by DarkAlman, 21 October 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#2 MajorFlack

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:19 PM

+1

I PAID for what I could do when I purchased the timberwolfs., not for random mandatory configurations down the line or at the whim of a programmer.

+1 to the BS call...

I will remember that anything stated about mech specs is written in wet runny sand and has the strength of a willow in the wind.

This is like buying a car only to have a mandatory recall that changes your leather upholstery to vinyl because <insert reason here> and not refunding the money you paid for the leather.

#3 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostMajorFlack, on 21 October 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

not for random mandatory configurations down the line or at the whim of a programmer.

Hey now...blamming the poor programmers is hardly fair. That's like beating your kids, when its their parents fault they turned out so bad.

Also to be fair "all of the sudden" has been talked about for a while now.

#4 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

T-wolf still best heavy in Game bar none. Plenty of options available.

#5 Jim_Jones

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

I want my money back!!!!!!!! I lost 4 tons to stupid jump jets, with jump sniping nerfed and adding heat to my mech why would I want them? I cannot fit a Gauss in the torso any longer. PGI should no be changing the basic configuration of what people paid money for.

Edited by Bohnner, 21 October 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#6 MajorFlack

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

The point is that what I paid for, not with cbills, is no longer what I have.

The unwritten point was that I will use an abundance of caution when considering purchasing any further mechs/packages because of unforeseen configuration changes forced on the buyer. Having jump jets locked into the omnipods was NOT talked about, and was NOT a part of the packages when they were being being sold, only after people payed for them.

Not happy with the change. I took the JJ's off the platform because I would rather use the weight/space for other things.

This begs the following point:

If the JJ's are forced on one platform, why not force them on all platforms (clan/IS) that have JJ's in the base build. Not FAIR to force this change one mech chassis.

Edited by MajorFlack, 21 October 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#7 Jim_Jones

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

The marketing department should be fired!!!!!!!!! Who the heck is making these really stupid decisions?

#8 Bad Andy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

it's still the best heavy, cry more because you can't pay2win

#9 Avarice1of2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSitting in a the cockpit of a mech whose pilot is no longer with us with Bitching Betty telling me my loadout is not usable.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:54 PM

shut the heck up trolls, we are complaining because they again nerfed the clans and are about to boost all IS mechs, which will make it so clan mechs are worse then IS mechs. Which will lead to them undoing to buffs to the IS mech quirks.

#10 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:03 PM

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

This nerf HAD to happen.

The raw flexibility afforded the Timber Wolf with unfixed jump hardpoints simply imbalanced the game too much. Now, with fixed jump hardpoints, there are actual decisions to be made about the layout of the Timber Wolf. Do you go with the Prime configuration side torso to equip your gauss rifle? Or do I want jump jets? Or, perhaps, some other combination?

#11 itiziDITKA

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

View PostMajorFlack, on 21 October 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

The point is that what I paid for, not with cbills, is no longer what I have.

The unwritten point was that I will use an abundance of caution when considering purchasing any further mechs/packages because of unforeseen configuration changes forced on the buyer. Having jump jets locked into the omnipods was NOT talked about, and was NOT a part of the packages when they were being being sold, only after people payed for them.

Not happy with the change. I took the JJ's off the platform because I would rather use the weight/space for other things.

This begs the following point:

If the JJ's are forced on one platform, why not force them on all platforms (clan/IS) that have JJ's in the base build. Not FAIR to force this change one mech chassis.

First, read the terms of use:

2.Content. We may, from time to time at our sole discretion and without notice or liability, create, amend, change, or delete any content from the PGI Offerings.

Second, it wasn't "all of a sudden", we've know about this change since at least september 29.

Finally, the Timberwolf wasn't a FAIR chassis in the first place. It's still, by far, the most powerful heavy out there. I'm sure you can find new builds that are plenty powerful.

#12 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:32 PM

Jump jets are never or rarely are hard mounted so far as I know regardless of configuration. I don't even really play clans and I'm calling shenanigans here. Well my only real grievance with clan tech is also one of my favourite 'mechs in that I'd like to see fewer ac and gauss boat daishis, we don't need gausszillas thanks.

On top of that, they have always been mountable as omni pods without special requirements for them. This is true in both the game rules, and in the fictional canon such as when Aiden Pryde mounted jump jets on his Mad Cat in the Legend of the Jade Phoenix trilogy.

Edited by James Griffin, 21 October 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#13 Jim_Jones

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:52 PM

If leveling the playfield is what was in mind then why not add jj to all mechs, then we are even....

#14 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

Please. Complain some more because one of the variants now has locked JJs, and how it seemed to have ruined "all of your Timberwolves". I'm sorry, but if all of your Madcats are equipping S pods, that may be a give away as to why this needed to happen.

You still have non-JJ equipped pods you can always use. It helps to give definition to not only the Madcat S, but also helps place the Thor into a more reliable place as the Clan jumping heavy mech.

#15 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:12 PM

Honestly, I'm pissed about this because i just wanted to run my CANNON Timberwolf D, but i guess that was too much to ask. Instead we got this "S variant" bullshit, that i had to make a workaround for in the first place.

is there ANYTHING pgi cant **** up?

i think im done spending money on this game

Edited by Caustic Canid, 21 October 2014 - 09:16 PM.

#16 Dispersive

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

You can tell this wasn't a pre-meditated decision because the stock loadout that they ship the TBR-S with is invalidated by them "bringing the Timberwolf in line with the other chassis". Which is stupid in and of itself. It's a ridiculous change for any of the clan mechs, and should have never been approved on the Summoner in the first place.

Edited by Dispersive, 21 October 2014 - 09:19 PM.

#17 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:44 PM

4 x LRM10 with Artemis + 4 ER MedLas + 4 JJ: check
4 x SRM6 + 1 x LB20X AC + 4 JJ: check
1 x C-Gauss + 2 x C-ERPPC + 3 JJ: check

Don't see a problem here: had to skip TAG for the LRMs, Artemis with the SRMs and switch gauss from sidetorso to arm but nothing too bad.
Was a bit of fiddlin' around in the mechlab but actually that's what I enjoy most sometimes.
All you "money back" whiners are bad and should feel bad. No, really...

#18 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:53 PM

View PostMotroid, on 21 October 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

"it works for me so you should all be happy"

ftfy

#19 Avarice1of2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSitting in a the cockpit of a mech whose pilot is no longer with us with Bitching Betty telling me my loadout is not usable.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

I only had 1 tbr affected by this, my tbr A which mounted 5 er mediums 4 lrm 5s, 2 uac2s, 2.5 tons lrm ammo, 2 tons uac2 ammo, and 2 jumpjets. PGI might as well make it so that all clan mechs are fixed to their stock versions and nothing can be changed. Then when people complain that the stock locked unchangeable mechs are op'd then pgi will remove all clan mechs. Then when they get their buts kicked by IS mechs they will complain and have them made locked too. Well then if they still keep losing they will complain again and game will no longer be around, all you will be able to do is look at what mechs are left, not pilot them just look. Then the complainers will ask why they can no longer pilot their mechs and PGI will answer "Because we did everything possible to help you and you still could not win, so now no one can lose." They are called Omni mechs for a reason please stop trying to get them nerfed in to a prototype Machie.

Edited by Avarice1of2, 21 October 2014 - 09:57 PM.

#20 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:55 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 21 October 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

I am going to mock everyone who's experiences differ from me - especially if they dare talk about it here

FTFY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users