Cursor Flash

2 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Rigid

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:46 PM

Anyone else ever had this issue before? Game seems to be running just fine. All the menus and buttons work. But the yellow cursor spends most of its time invisible, "blinking" in and out of existence.

Couldn't seem to find much about it in the forums, maybe it's just me (or maybe my search-fu is weak today lol).

#2 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

Greetings,

Are you running software or hardware drivers for the mouse?
- You should be operating in 'Full hardware acceleration' mode.
- Are you running default windows mouse drivers or mouse manufacturer specific drivers? (use the brand drivers)
- Are you running a non default icon (3rd party) for the mouse courser? (may be trying to conflict with the game image choice for MWO.)

Also, within the 'mouse properties' settings select the tab 'Pointers', at the bottom there should be a checkbox labeled,
'Allow themes to change mouse pointers', check this box, select 'apply'.

Check those and see if it makes a difference.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 22 October 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#3 Saint Rigid

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

Actually I think that did the trick! I had "trails" turned on, but the setting was so low I hadn't even noticed it.

On the off chance that this helps anyone else searching through the Forums, I use a program called f.lux. It changes the color temperature of the screen at night to remove blue light. It's supposed to prevent your monitor from keeping you endlessly awake while you binge watch netflix or grind for c-bills. It honestly helps, but for some reason it doesn't work on the cursor unless you tweak it slightly (such as turning on "trails"). One, or the both of those things combined was screwing with my mouse. But it seems like it's all good now.

TLDR: Thanks for the Tip 9erRed! I'll look you up after my space-country is overwhelmed by Clan Ghost Bear.

(That is of course unless The Republic rises to the occasion!!!! B) )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users