i earn less money, thats' it

you are a bunch of bast.......errrr "good people"

#2 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:28 AM

Yeah mate, I think that they are off by a factor of 2. Got mere 200k after 5 kills.

#3 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:40 AM

I haven't played a match since they implemented these new rewards. However, I think (hope?) that we'll all come away relatively happy once we get into the swing of things. The rewards are designed around role warfare. Now, we could have a discussion as to whether or not it's appropriate to try to shoe horn players into playing a certain way, but we don't have to do that now. Suffice it to say that if a pilot plays a certain role successfully, he or she will reap the rewards...so to speak. On the other hand, some pilots are reporting that when they are on the losing end of a roll (12-1 or 12-3 or so) they see DRAMATICALLY less C-bills than they would have otherwise. In some cases they're saying that they wouldn't even have recouped the costs of a single expendable module. Yikes. I cannot confirm, but I do know that in those cases the monetary gains were often pretty pathetic anyway, even before these most recent changes. I'm curious to see how it plays out; the developer is already compiling data and has stated that they would tweak the system if it undermines the game's economy - so there's hope. Overall I think the idea was and is a good one, but time will tell if it negatively impacts the grind. My only gripe is that it might scare away new players...the ones who need every C-bill they can get.

#4 Verbrand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:29 AM

The granularity of the new rewards is a great idea, the values however are too low.

I'm getting about half the average rewards per match compared to before the patch, and yes I am triggering things like lance formation and protected whatever.

#5 mindwarp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

I've actually been making more money. A lot more in most matches. Running a trollmando - 3 LRM5, ML and ECM in the pug queue. The amount of bonuses racking up under my targeting reticule is getting distracting. Even in matches where I do minimal damage - like under 100 - I'm getting way more C-Bills. I honestly don't know how people are making less money.

#6 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:56 AM

View Postmindwarp, on 22 October 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

I've actually been making more money. A lot more in most matches. Running a trollmando - 3 LRM5, ML and ECM in the pug queue. The amount of bonuses racking up under my targeting reticule is getting distracting. Even in matches where I do minimal damage - like under 100 - I'm getting way more C-Bills. I honestly don't know how people are making less money.

Differing playstyles ... loners going for the quick kill in their ac40-jagers get less, teamplayers supporting their team with ecm in their kitfoxes get more.

Needs getting used to, is all.

#7 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

Had a few matches in lights...
Noticed a significant reduction is Cbills.
However... XP I am seeing a significant increase.
1648XP (x2)
1326XP
1335XP
1418XP (x2)

#8 Rathe1000

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

Winning and losing are vastly different in cbills now.

An average game for me is 1 kill, 6 assist, ~400 damage. Pre-patch I would make about 150k for that performance. (with Premium Time in a Hero Mech)

In good games, I would make 220 - 250k per match. 3+ kills, 8 assist, 800 damage.

After patch, in an average game I am currently making about 80 - 100k.

In a good game, I made 319k, 5 kills, 5 assist, 848 damage.

So the rewards are great if you get a lot of kills, do a ton. If you have an average game (which MOST people have) you will see a drop of 50 - 80 k per match.

If I lose, I'm seeing 30 - 50k cbills per... that's really ******, I can't imagine what it is for people without premium time. Especially new players who won't have even average games for awhile.

Those numbers make me sad.

Rathe
Steiner Unit: Obsidian
www.orderofobsidian.com

Edited by Rathe1000, 22 October 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#9 Thecure

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

It's not a cbill nerf and don't get tricked into thinking they're trying to force us into buying premium time. They 're just balancing the game. And in that sence let my offer an idea: make all weapons do half the damage and have half the range unless you buy premium time.

#10 Verbrand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:23 AM

The c-bills may have increased for ecm lights due to the scouting, tag and ecm bonuses but they have gone down for everyone else.

You need to be able to make 40k on a loss, or the cost of consumables needs to come down so people aren't losing money on a loss.

#11 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostVerbrand, on 22 October 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

The c-bills may have increased for ecm lights due to the scouting, tag and ecm bonuses but they have gone down for everyone else.

You need to be able to make 40k on a loss, or the cost of consumables needs to come down so people aren't losing money on a loss.

Don't use consumables then.
They are rumored to cause testicular cancer and bad breath anyway.

Edited by Ironwithin, 22 October 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#12 CSHubert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 408 posts
  • LocationDenmark -Northern Europe

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

If I could I would ask you to freeze my account untill you fix this. I left during closed beta due to the "credit starvation" ruining the game for me. Now this patch seem go that way and Im on my way out the door again. Its a great game and I pour (alot of)real money into it but keep this patch and Ill pull the plug, cut my losses or what ever you call it.

#13 Hannibal Chow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 143 posts
  • LocationGibson FWL

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostCSHubert, on 22 October 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

If I could I would ask you to freeze my account untill you fix this. I left during closed beta due to the "credit starvation" ruining the game for me. Now this patch seem go that way and Im on my way out the door again. Its a great game and I pour (alot of)real money into it but keep this patch and Ill pull the plug, cut my losses or what ever you call it.

Couldn't agree more, well said Sir.

#14 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

Keep rewards, increase c-bill values. Add more rewards to benefit brawlers.

#15 CSHubert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 408 posts
  • LocationDenmark -Northern Europe

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 22 October 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Good thing we are boosting them more today!
http://mwomercs.com/...hot-fix-133451/

Awesome (not the mech...)

#16 NotGiggity32

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:49 PM

I appreciate the free mech, really I do. As soon as I read that info last month I immedietely thought: "Cool free mech bay!" Please let me sell this Centurion, it is horrible. I just don't like 50 ton mechs period. I got rid of the T-bolt that was given to us free too. Its not as bad as a Centurion, but pretty close.

#17 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 22 October 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Good thing we are boosting them more today!
http://mwomercs.com/...hot-fix-133451/

Love the concept, love the incoming buff, and love the communication with the community!

#18 DaManiac

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

I'm getting about half of what I used to get in certain matches and I can't do anything better, no more teamwork nothing can be done.

Up the money please, it's taking me forever and a day to pay off this Daishi.

#19 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:38 AM

View PostVerbrand, on 22 October 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

The granularity of the new rewards is a great idea, the values however are too low.

I'm getting about half the average rewards per match compared to before the patch, and yes I am triggering things like lance formation and protected whatever.

The distribution is just unequal. people not playing good get hardly something. racking solo kills grants massive, getting a good amount of damage and not the kills gets rather poorly rewarded. Lets see what the hotfix changes in the way its distributed.

#20 TuntematonSika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 122 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPig with an identity crisis.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:18 AM

Not sure what your talking about, one of our guys got 400k playing a kitfox with tag and narc.

If you're getting less than you get, your playing the game wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users