- - - - -

Downloading Install Base

3 replies to this topic

#1 LastGreen

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:49 PM

1550.00 MB / 5543.04 MB, ETA: 2:30:25 . . . The ETA said 3 something hours but its been running for at least 3-4 hours already and doesn't seem to be making a lot of progress, also with in the first 30 minutes of the download originally it said something about file corruption and seemingly restarted the download after I clicked "retry". Have I errored somewhere or is it normal for it to take this long? Also a side question, why doesn't enter seem to work on these forums, just noticed but I cant put any spacing in my post. odd.

#2 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:06 PM

How fast depends on your ISP. You are downloading 5.5 GBs so it can take a few hours.
The data corruption could have thrown the whole thing off. If I were you, I'd close the patcher, delete the MWO folder C:\program files (x86)\Pirranha\mechwarrior online, and try again. Also, if it happens again, if you are connected wirelessly at all, you should try hardwiring into your router if you can. that's about the only place you can eliminate any possible sources of interference.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

Text entry on the forum works fine for me. Might depend on your browser and OS, later versions of IE do not cooperate well with the forum but that's IE's problem, not the forum.

#4 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:46 PM

MD5-Hash errors or corruption occuring on download can be as a result of a poor performining net for yourself. Though as you have found you can continue these to complete a download.

Ideally you need to check or have a more stable net connection but these occurences can also be temporary.

Potential improvements to consider:

1) Using a more confident public DNS service like google: https://developers.g...-dns/docs/using
2) Invest in a more useful router with possible multiple channels to improve stability.
3) Consider how much bandwidth is being used by your router with multiple applications and users. Reducing load will improve both performance and stability. (You can tweak your router to improve QoS (Quality of service) but this usually comes at the expense of other things). Dynamic software can help to make software and net use more efficient. e.g. https://www.cfos.de/...m?__ntrack_pv=1

To investigate possible instability you can use traceroute to examine different samples during the day to see if you are losing connection which dependant on how forgiving the netcode for MWO related software is and any problems noticed reported to PGI. They have suggested that they can report these to the relevant ISP providers to then help improve net and node use with MWO.

The following will help you analyse your net use: http://www.howtogeek...twork-problems/

Edited by Noesis, 23 October 2014 - 07:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users