Crit Damage

15 replies to this topic

#1 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:01 PM

did they add crit damage before your amor is destroyed?? my armor was good before the one LRM 15 and one lrm 20 cored me. the ac2 shot hit me from the side and the Mlaser d Llaser were from an spider I was about to kill before the magic crit lrm15/lrm20 cored me

edit iv try to link screen shot but I keep getting "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

also can anyone tell me why on the MWO forums why I cant copy paste onto the forum???

Edited by kf envy, 22 October 2014 - 03:19 PM.

#2 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

what kinda mech were you in? that is a lot of damage...

i have had that error issues.. I forget exactly why it pops up.. someone else might know, so at least you are not alone in that

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

View Postkf envy, on 22 October 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

did they add crit damage before your amor is destroyed?? my armor was good before the one LRM 15 and one lrm 20 cored me. the ac2 shot hit me from the side and the Mlaser d Llaser were from an spider I was about to kill before the magic crit lrm15/lrm20 cored me

edit iv try to link screen shot but I keep getting "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

also can anyone tell me why on the MWO forums why I cant copy paste onto the forum???

Commas "," in the file name will cause that error. Name your image without spaces or commas if possible.
If you're talking about Crit Damage, there are no through-armor criticals.

If you're talking about Critical Damage, it is possible to have the status come up from either a certain percentage of damage or your armor failing in one section.

I should mention: It's possible to do 50+ damage in a single shot.
How much armor did you have on your front center torso?

We need some more information.

Edited by Koniving, 22 October 2014 - 03:43 PM.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

I have no trouble copy/pasting on the forum. what browser or OS are you using?

Are you sure it was one LRM15 and LRM20? If you are hit by multiples of the same weapon, it will only show once in the death summary screen. A whole stack of LRM15s, even if from multiple mechs, will only say 'damaged by LRM15' on the summary.

#5 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

I was using my hunchback-4sp with FF armor CT 53/11 RT40/8 LT40/8 RA32 LA32 RL48 LL48 ,8 std heat sinks, std engine 200, 1Mlasser. 2 ERLlassers, 1 srm5, 1 srm 4, 1 AMS, 1 ton SRM ammo an 1 ton AMS ammo "in the lags" and endo steal upgrade. also have cool shot 6 that I almost never end up having to use the hunchback runs cool for how I use it.

I don't have any screen shoots but iv also be hit by "damaged by " or "destroyed by "

my browser is internet explorer most up to date ver and my OS is win7 up to date.

#6 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

strange.

#7 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:37 PM

looks like you killed your self

if you go out of bounds for to long you just blow up

if you hit override for heat to many times you just blow up

be prepared for other unexplained causes of death

#8 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:52 PM

the odd thing was I was not shooting when I died an I know I was not out side the map. iv also had an arm destroyed but it still showed I had armor there. ill be sure to take screen shots from now on with odd deaths or missing arms, lags, RT/LT but still showing full armor for the destroyed spot

I just remember screen shake after missile warning then dead

Edited by kf envy, 22 October 2014 - 09:53 PM.

#9 Asterios

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 627 posts
  • LocationBelarus, Minsk

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:18 PM

Are you sure that you was damaged in front and not from the rear?

#10 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:34 PM

you still have armor on both front and rear Center torso, but the torso has no internal health and it says you killed yourself.

I do not know exactly what happened, but as far as I can see based on the screenshot there are only 2 possible causes

you died by overheating, it could happen by repeatedly overheating to shutdown or overriding shutdown at 100% heat and keeping firing.

based on the screenshot (if I am seeing the location correctly) you appear to be close to the edge of the map on HPG manifold, the hill behind you looks like the out of bounds area so this could be an "out of bounds" death where the Mech fell down the hill after dying.

#11 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:59 PM

This same sort of scenario happened to me.
I'm almost certain it was a 1-2 combo of going out of bounds and lag.
You go out of bounds, the count down starts, but when you come back in bounds, the counter doesn't stop, and you die within the map boundaries.

Posted Image

#12 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:09 AM

View Postkf envy, on 22 October 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

I was using my hunchback-4sp with FF armor CT 53/11 RT40/8 LT40/8 RA32 LA32 RL48 LL48 ,8 std heat sinks, std engine 200, 1Mlasser. 2 ERLlassers, 1 srm5, 1 srm 4, 1 AMS, 1 ton SRM ammo an 1 ton AMS ammo "in the lags" and endo steal upgrade. also have cool shot 6 that I almost never end up having to use the hunchback runs cool for how I use it.

I don't have any screen shoots but iv also be hit by "damaged by " or "destroyed by "

my browser is internet explorer most up to date ver and my OS is win7 up to date.

It's probably overheat damage. That looks like Terra Therma in the background (though it's hard to tell,) and you look like you have other internals taking damage as well. Note also that you are listed as the killing player. =) I've been one-shot (in the head) by the first tick of overheating damage, so it's possible to be killed by it without significant damage to other areas.

That being said, it's possible that you ran into some rare bug - if this starts happening to you often, take screenshots or video captures, and get in touch with support.

Edited by Void Angel, 23 October 2014 - 12:11 AM.

#13 Chaldon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeft behind as a smoking ruin on Tukayyid

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:29 AM

Your picture says your were killed by a player with the same name as you. It was probably you

#14 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:50 AM

I also agree to some statements here. According to some screens here I would say self-destruction! Just compare ther user names here with the name on the given screen. Maybe overheat?!

#15 Uklistan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:40 AM

too bad that pic is on river city (by kappa point)

#16 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:23 AM

There was a bug that caused this floating around for a while, but last I heard that got fixed - have you put a ticket in with support?

Edited by Shar Wolf, 23 October 2014 - 09:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users