Inner Sphere Resistance

540 replies to this topic

#21 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:38 PM

Wrath Pack.... you are now mine!

Transaction was smooth for me just now. Thanks PGI, excited and happy to see this IS pack.

#22 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

View PostDocBach, on 22 October 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

Usually, its the 3025 variants of the 'Mech, so in this case would be the PNT-9R, ENF-4R, GHR-5H, and ZEU-6S

Oh, much better, and more varied. Don't need an energy heavy Zeus when you've got the Grasshopper. *fingers crossed*

#23 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

View PostDocBach, on 22 October 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

Usually, its the 3025 variants of the 'Mech, so in this case would be the PNT-9R, ENF-4R, GHR-5H, and ZEU-6S

That's the likely ones, but it would be good to get official confirmation so I can update my List of current and announced 'mechs :)

#24 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostPale Jackal, on 22 October 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

Oh, much better, and more varied. Don't need an energy heavy Zeus when you've got the Grasshopper. *fingers crossed*

Yeah, was playing with the Dragon Slayer in smurfy's as it sort of has similar HP to the hero Zeus -- probably going to run 2 AC/5 in the left arm, with two large lasers in that side torso and an SRM-6 with artemis in the RA, 350XL. If XL is a super quick death sentence, will probably drop the engine to the standard 320 and replace the large lasers with a PPC.

Going to be weird getting use to the left hand heavy guns, as I'm a righty!

Edited by DocBach, 22 October 2014 - 03:43 PM.

#25 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:42 PM

Oh please, please please up the engine cap on the Panther. :( . a 127kph speedtweaked 35 tonner is not happy sauce mate.
At least 275 would be preferable.

#26 Johndar

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSome place I shouldn't be

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:46 PM

Oh boy I can't wait till next spring!

#27 AntharPrime

• 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostxNoSkillz, on 22 October 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

That said... I have already purchased the package. Because I still enjoy the game and have faith in you PGI...

So... it says I get a King Crab. But I also get a King Crab for other purchases. Does that mean I get more than one set of them?

View PostBront, on 22 October 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

No. Just like folks who got every preorder package only got one Atlas-S.

I want to see where Rewards 2.0 goes before I jump in, but I'll probably at least put $20 down early to get the early bird rewards and upgrade from there. Dual AMS on one of the Panther and Grasshopper models though was exciting for me.

Can we find out which ones will be the ® variants? I assume it's the PNT-8Z, ENF-4R, GHR-5H, and ZEU-6S, but it would be nice for confirmation.

It would be nice if we could gift extra King Crabs like those who could gift the Maskari Clan Package. I would have 2 of them to give away.

#28 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

I would like to know (officially) which variants are the Resistance 'mechs, please. (come on, Zues 6S!) Thanks!

#29 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

View Postjuxstapo, on 22 October 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

Oh please, please please up the engine cap on the Panther. :( . a 127kph speedtweaked 35 tonner is not happy sauce mate.

Here's the thing though: The Panther is supposed to be a slow light, it's a direct-fire support light. Where other lights brought speed and a piddly ML or two, the Panther brought armour and a PPC - the kind of armament that was unheard of at its time.

Sadly, in MWO, a PPC does as much (relative) damage as a ML did in TT, so the fearsome PPC isn't so fearsome anymore, and with pinpoint accuracy slow lights are mere targets.

We'll see, but personally I think it'll be rough trying to get the Panther to work. On the other hand, if I could fake one with a Commando and have fun, I'm sure I can have fun in the real deal too.

#30 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

Yeah. It closed my wallet (for the moment).

I'm underwhelmed by all of these, really, but quirks could be anything and it's a lot of premium time...

Edited by Terciel1976, 22 October 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#31 Jm419

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:51 PM

Are we getting the Atlas S or not? I bought the Wrath pack. Nothing new in my hangar.

#32 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Hopefully the Panther will get some quirks to make it more than a slow moving Jenner. Like that 2 energy 2 missile Panther deserves some quirk love. I've had fun boating 2 PPCs on my Raven with JJs, having an incentive to do that or something similar on a Panther would be fun.

#33 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

At work but who cares, Wrath bought!

#34 B00B

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Question

The loyalty reward for king crab says: "players who purchase the resistance collection wrath pack"....

What is the the wrath pack?? Do i get king crab when i buy the fire pack for 20$ or do i need all? Pls help

Hupps sry i see its the 80$ package sry.... forget it.... :D

Edited by B00B, 22 October 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#35 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 22 October 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

I would like to know (officially) which variants are the Resistance 'mechs, please. (come on, Zues 6S!) Thanks!

if it follows suit with the previous founders and phoenix packs, the most basic variants to include the ZEU-6S should be the hero 'Mechs.

#36 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

View PostJm419, on 22 October 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Are we getting the Atlas S or not? I bought the Wrath pack. Nothing new in my hangar.

If you do (and I don't know if you do), then it updates once a day at a certain time.

#37 Tarzilman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

View PostxNoSkillz, on 22 October 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

... we were hoping for an ECM Heavy... that's what people were voting for... why you no do this PGI? Why?

While I think you're right, the problem with the grasshopper is that ECM is equipped in the 7K version, which unfortunately will first come out in 3068. There seems to be a custom variant, namely the Gravedigger. Maybe we're lucky and will get this as a hero variant in the future.
These informations are from sarna, so please correct me, if I'm wrong.

But... oh well I bought the Wrath Pack anyway. ^^

#38 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

View PostB00B, on 22 October 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Question

The loyalty reward for king crab says: "players who purchase the resistance collection wrath pack"....

What is the the wrath pack?? Do i get king crab when i buy the fire pack for 20$ or do i need all? Pls help

The Wrath pack is the $80 pack with all four new 'mechs.

#39 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:53 PM

I think it will be ok at 127. I run my cicadas around that speed and the panther should be smaller than a cicada... should be...

#40 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:53 PM

ordered the $80 package. Love the 3rd Enforcer "PGI" variant. And cant pass up all those faction skins/colors! Well worth the $80 just in the mechs and paints. Not to mention all the other cockpit items on top of it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users