#541 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 24 March 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

I'm pleased with the gameplay on the Resistance 'mechs. But a lot about this pack has felt rushed and sub-standard.

I'm pleased with all the base modeling of all the 'mechs with the notable exception of the Enforcer's chipmunk cheeks.

The Resistance skin was never shown to us in concept, and isn't a great pattern. I don't mind the bullet holes (I wish they'd just made than an overlay to the Faction pattern for the R variants) but I dislike the 'splash' paintwork. The best you can do is attempt to make it look like a lazy camouflage pattern.

Those Faction patterns are uniformly good, with the mild exception that I do wish PGI would stop layering in locked sub-channels of purple or blue glitter. These are supposed to be military machines, not children's toys, and I really don't care to 'sparkle' on the battlefield. At least let us turn them off. The faction patterns would be better if we could use them on the R machines, of course.

Special Geometry is underwhelming and would be better off removed entirely.

The warhorns are embarrassing. The rest of the cockpit items are just the usual clutter.

I'm considerably less impressed with Resistance than I was with Phoenix. If future IS packs have the quality of Resistance, I won't be buying them.

EMBRACE THE SPARKLES, MALLEUS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users