Clan Targeting Computer Crit Chance Effective?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:37 PM

I've seen the Tarcoms and that they give +crit chance to lasers/PPC/non-LBX ACs.

I'm going to test it out with this build:

TBR-PRIME 4x ERLL TimberWolf with TarCom7. It'll run a bit hot until elited. A direwolf can do this with more heat efficiency but it can't really reposition itself well due to the speed.

The chance is relatively big if you get the largest computer at +12.5% and it also increase beam range by 7.5%. With CERLL this brings the range up to:

Posted Image

As you can see so far the range is 796m for the ER LL and another 62m if you have the Clan ER LL range module so you can tap targets well over 1700m.

The other part is that if you reach end game with exposed components, the crit chance might help you down targets faster since it gives your lasers increased crit chances.

I just want to ask if anyone else out there is using these Targeting Computers and if you noticed a decent change in the crit chance for your weapons?

#2 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:39 AM

can't tell to be honest. crit damage is to components rather than structure I think, so any benefit is somewhat limited unless your critting on a common ammo location.

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:15 AM

lasers a bad refference to measure crits because:

Every tic of a laser does crit individually.
Every crit is hitting a random component.
This menas laser crits to very low damage to a random component.

if you want to measure this mor ereliable, use some clan PPC's and test hem on the testing ground. strip their armor at non ct locations and shoot x times until you crit out 100 components, count the shots. (don't count when the whole section blows off, this always comes with a component destruction).

Then repeat it with targeting computer.

But thats a lot statistical effort to be done.

The best benefit with critting and lasers is vs opponents having only a single weapon and nothing else in a specific section, that makes critting be dedicated to this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users