• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:23 PM

no just kidding,
see what i did there,

i think this can be a good change,
i just have one question,

Can we please get the TBR-D RT(2M)&LT(2m)?
both only have 2 missile slots each,

and these would really help with Missile Builds for the TimberWolf,
as most quad missile builds now have 400-720 less Ammo,

so Can we PLEASE get these Omni-Pods?

also Other Omni's
Like KFX-C LA(2B 2E),
and ADR-B LA(1B),
and NVA-A LT(1E 1AMS),
and SMN-M LT(1E 1M),
and TBR-D(Topic?)
Extra MDD-F RA(1B),
Easy Implementation,

Thoughts, Comments, Concerns?
Thanks,

Edit- Spelling,
Edit2- Other Omni's

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 22 October 2014 - 10:36 PM.

#2 D04S02B04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:51 PM

Introduce the TBR-D variant then. It's a good idea to encourage more diversity in play and provide alternatives for non-JJ play.

#3 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:58 PM

View PostD04S02B04, on 22 October 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

Introduce the TBR-D variant then. It's a good idea to encourage more diversity in play and provide alternatives for non-JJ play.

This is one of the more fair things that can be done to balance the Timber Wolf. It should be easy for PGI to either make these side torsos purchasable, or make the whole new variant. The fewer exploitable jump jet animation mechs out there, the better.

Edited by Greenjulius, 22 October 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#4 DasaDevil

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

Or use something other than LRMeasymode for once :V Not that I care. Free kill for me.

#5 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

View PostDasaDevil, on 22 October 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

Or use something other than LRMeasymode for once :V Not that I care. Free kill for me.

::face palm::

The Timber Wolf D uses 2 X C-ERPPC, 4 X CSSRM 6 and a CERSL.... Hardly LRMeasymode.... <_<

#6 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:09 AM

Actually I would love to see them add more omnipod options to purchase for all mechs, not just the TBR.

For example I went through every TRO trying to find a jump capable 55 ton clan mech, ie one that has JJs as one of the main variants and didn't find a one. The reason is in TT JJs were bolt on equipment so any 55 ton omnimech so there was no need to make a standard variant with JJs.

That being the case I would love to see them add a RT and LT omnipod with 2 fixed JJs each to the Stormcrow. Of course the balance is that those two torsos don't have any hard points for weapons so as not to OP the Stormcrow.

Also love to see a Energy Torso with at least 2 Energy hard points for the Summoner as well. Adder could likely use some hardpoint love as well.

#7 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:22 PM

More Omni's i feel would be much better,(or Vote Below for 3054)
Omni Invasion Wave 1, New Clan Omni Mech Variants / Pods!

#8 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

Before CW hits a release of many more omnipods would be appreciated.

Timberwolf A and D are great variants and I believe there is only one other besides them that is period correct.

#9 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

Or just use a Summoner or Mad Dog if you want a heavy missile platform.

There is nothing that says that the T-wolf MUST be a heavy missile platform. The Timberwolf already is probably one of the most varied frames in the game, but even then it shouldn't simply be the "one size fits all" answer for every mech build in the game.

The summoner can spam Missiles, the Mad Dog can spam missiles, there are already alternatives to missile spams in the heavy slots. You don't NEED to rely on a timberwolf to fulfill that slot when there are already viable alternative mech frames in the chassis group that fulfil that role.

Leave it to where the timberwolf isn't optimal at SOMETHING. Because having it be good at EVERYTHING does nothing more then invalidate the use of the other frames.

#10 Powerbomb256

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

TBR can already do everything. It needs no new omnipods, just work around the jump jets. Like THIS. Best mech needs no new love.

#11 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:32 PM

The A and D are coming no matter what so I don't see the harm in being able to buy the pods now.

#12 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:15 PM

View PostSpiralFace, on 23 October 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

Leave it to where the timberwolf isn't optimal at SOMETHING. Because having it be good at EVERYTHING does nothing more then invalidate the use of the other frames.

Wait so adding the D RT&LT, that that dont have 4JumpJets, 2Ballistic, and 1 energy,
(Stuff a Timber Wolf can Do) is a bad thing? so its not really adding much of anything,

also we all know a Summoner and MadDog could do more, even if they add this,
so they already have huge advantages in Missile slots, i dont think this will replace them,
unless your saying that 4tons of TimberWolf Ammo is worth more than 1-2 extra missile slots?
(LRM10+LRM15=6Tons)(LRM5+LRM5+LRM15=5.5Tons)(MDD both sides 180 more missiles)

Please Let this Topic build Momentum!
(Prays to the Dev Gods)

Edit- Please!

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 23 October 2014 - 10:24 PM.

#13 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

Seperated from the Timbi discussion i would like to see sets of new omnipods released over time.

#14 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:25 PM

Why does everyone insist on boating LRMs on everything? Waste of a good chassis.

I saw an LRM /Jager/ of all things

#15 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:29 PM

Am I the only one that mostly uses Jump jets for Getting into good positions and NOT poptarting? My only hardcore poptarts are blackjacks....one uses an ac20...

My Tbr-S runs 2 larges 4 mediums and 2 streak 4's with Bap and can drop a LOOOT of pain and hurt if people don't notice me going all Scalpel-mode on them...the Streaks and all the medium lasers can make light mechs cry as well. I never understood this whole "QQ JUMPJETS OP THING" now that ac5/ppc and gauss/ppc meta has mostly died off So the madcat can get up on a hill easy now? What exactly is the huge issue with jumpjets?

#16 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:53 AM

View PostDasaDevil, on 22 October 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

It's easy mode, because it gets you killed... The lack of logic here is astounding.

#17 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:34 PM

options are what makes MechWarrior such an amazing game,
comparably adding the TBR-D is much like adding the AS7-S,
both have similar Variants already out, but why not have both,

#18 Glythe

• 1,566 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:38 AM

Seriously please do not ask for buffs for the TW.

It has armor that begins to approach assault levels, it has assault level choices for guns and firepower and it has the speed of a medium. While it is listed as 75 tons it has at least 94 tons worth of weight compared to IS choices.

Just say no.

#19 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:57 AM

View PostGlythe, on 25 October 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

Seriously please do not ask for buffs for the TW.

It has armor that begins to approach assault levels, it has assault level choices for guns and firepower and it has the speed of a medium. While it is listed as 75 tons it has at least 94 tons worth of weight compared to IS choices.

Just say no.

We're not asking for buffs, we are asking for different side torsos that would have less hard points in them than the S-pods, be more in time line than the S-pods, not have jump jets in them. Thus giving something that the Summoner can do better, jump.

As for the armour, it has the same max armour of an Orion, an IS 75 ton heavy, armour is determined by weight of the chassis. As for the guns, you're right, all clan mechs enjoy a 20% weight advantage on average on all equipment, that advantage does come at a cost in MWO, in the form of extra heat, a lot of extra heat, locked equipment, and the bulk of the weapons are arm mounted. That means that with a little skill you can quickly remove the bulk of the firepower of a clan mech.

So in short stop whining about clan mechs, they are pale shadows of the table top versions.

Edited by Metus regem, 25 October 2014 - 07:59 AM.

#20 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 October 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

::face palm::

The Timber Wolf D uses 2 X C-ERPPC, 4 X CSSRM 6 and a CERSL.... Hardly LRMeasymode.... <_<

but since mechs are customizable, the amount of LRM spam you see from new players or those refusing to work on the direct fire skills or people playing lrmspam for "fun"

View PostEscef, on 24 October 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

It's easy mode, because it gets you killed... The lack of logic here is astounding.

then you are playing against lrmspam wrong. lrm spam is easy to win against, you may lose some mechs, but the outcome is the same, WINNING

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users