With

It

#2 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

that nerf was nullified by the JJ-denerf,2 ppc gauss timby is once again viable B)

#3 Sindak

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSwiss

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:21 PM

You spoke too soon. Not enough slots for a Gauss! PGI is smart, they dangle the carrot, take our money, then spank us! Soon Clan mechs will all be nerfed when they come out with a new thing for all the suckers to dump their money on....then they'll nerf that too as they laugh their way to the bank.....LOL

#4 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

Lol it took me seconds to make the changes to my kitfox builds and I only had 30 tons to work with...

#5 Sindak

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSwiss

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:02 PM

Great for kitfoxes! But its not about tonnage, its about space. Actually, light mech nerf is not so bad because you have low tons to work with in the first place. Now you have a higher tonnage Timberwolf that will run with your kitfox weapons because of space shortage....so then why do I bother having a Timberwolf, just stick with the kitfox....LOL

#6 FoxTrot05

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:55 AM

My Current S-variant loadout is now SRM20 + UAC20 down from SRM24 + UAC20. So, yeah. I think I have dealt with it nicely.

Edited by FoxTrot05, 27 October 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#7 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:08 AM

I ran the "with" variant with one less HS and a BAP and had no complaints yet (from me, that is).

#8 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:44 AM

The Farming Wolf

Tired of 900dmg games earning 100k CBills? Use this instead. Less effort, more space money.

#9 Sindak

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSwiss

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:04 AM

Foxtrot05: that build can be run on a faster mech, in fact with a little tweak that faster mech can have more firepower than that, which means In a private match I can 1v1 you and you will NEVER win. Tahts because my mech will run faster and have more firepower. Even with the same firepower, you still lose because I move faster....which brings me to my point.... then why bother using a timberwolf? I just use the faster mech.....

Knightsljx: As I mentioned in another post, because of the nerf the only viable timberwolf weapon are lasers. BTW, even this is countered by the fact that the highest Targeting comp u can put in the torso is a VI... there is another mech that can us a VII ;) So now ...there are other mechs more suitable for the role of the Timberwolf. Don't forget the Resistance package, which are all laser builds.... it will make theTimbewolf laser build obsolete ;) ....which again brings me to my point...why even bother with a Timbewolf?

#10 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

As I have stated in another thread, not being a competitive player to begin with my builds were not too dependant on space. Plus, where I had Jump Jets available I already used them, so not a big deal. :P
The only exception was the S CT, where my Active Probe was; I simply had to lose a ton of ammo and put the probe elsewhere. ^_^

#11 FoxTrot05

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:21 PM

Sindak: Would you mind showing me that build and on what mech exactly? Sure it may be faster, but if it is the same loadout as mine you still have to get in the same ranges as I do. How much armor does yours have? I like timberwolf because of armor, decent speed, and payload. None of my builds are set in stone because who knows what will or won't be nerfed?

#12 Sindak

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSwiss

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

@WonderSparks..... I'm happy to hear the nerf did not affect your build. The point of my post is that: The nerf was badly thought out since it not only nerfed the omnipod, it consequently nerfed the mech. As mentioned in another thread, the lrm build was not OP to begin with, neither were the ballistics you could have put on it. So the only effect of the nerf is to negate the mech and make us use another mech. It no longer is good for much. I did not say u cant use it, You just cant use it well.

So now the timeberwolf lost its variablity, Meaning the many diverse builds I could have used on it are now no longer available. Like I said the only "viable" builds are the laser builds, and for support some srm/lrm and maybe one big ballistic on an arm.

@Foxtrot05 .... which brings me to your build. First of all, that UAC 20 build wont really hold up in a clan build. For IS its great, but not for Clan because of how it "shoots". I've already tried many variations of it on mechs that can carry it and, by itself, it really is not viable. Maybe if you had 2 of them thats another story, (...and I would have used another "20") ;) but the nerf prevents that now. My build has true firepower greater than yours and faster. Your UAC 20 will spread damage all over me as it heats you up...and btw...how much ammo you got? Cant be too much. I can hit you with over 60 points of DIRECT, BURST fire damage in one salvo and thats not an alpha yet ;) I can do that over and over again while running real fast across your screen, and not heat up. My damage will not spread on your mech it will hit One spot (for the most part). I've already tested with a friend of mine in a private match, and yea, no chance for your build to win.

Oh you have jump jets now! Ok...lets see how you land your shots with what...UAC 20 and SRMS while you jump? ...and if you are not jumping, then those jump jets are there for no reason! My build has no JJ, so I can use those tons for something useful. Something to kill your mech with! So in effect, those JJ Handicapped your Timberwolf. Thats why you will lose against me all the time. since your JJ have given me an automatic 4 ton handicap! Do the math, 4 tons of useless JJ, means you dont have 75 tons you are now only using 71...add to that the space limitations.... and you re left with a laser build timberwolf!

Your build would have been great if you had more ballistics....and not the UAC 20 either ;) Also, your build would kick much better with a laser build in place of the uac 20. Lighter and no explosions from ammo. and more damage. Normally that is a stupid suggestion but since the uac 20 heats up so much and the damage spreads anyway, you're really better off using lasers.

Which brings me back to what I was saying, the only viable timberwolf now is a laser build (albeit with some support from srms/lrms). Ballistic build for TW is dead. I am not saying you cannot use it. Heck you can use 3 machine guns too! All I'm saying is its not viable anymore.

Edited by Sindak, 29 October 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#13 FoxTrot05

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:13 PM

@Sindak: I've taken your advice just to mix things up, and have changed my S-loadout to the "Pryde" loadout 2xERLL, 2xERML, 2xLRM20(scratch the ERsmall). It may not be the most competitive, it is fluffy and fun. I rather have smaller launchers to prevent smashing a full salvo of 20 into the dirt so that's some fine tuning I am going to play with. Maybe I'll do 3xLRM10 and add tag, DHS, another laser or something.

#14 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostSindak, on 25 October 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

Great for kitfoxes! But its not about tonnage, its about space. Actually, light mech nerf is not so bad because you have low tons to work with in the first place. Now you have a higher tonnage Timberwolf that will run with your kitfox weapons because of space shortage....so then why do I bother having a Timberwolf, just stick with the kitfox....LOL

I lol'd.

But seriously, you're saying the weight addition is more of a tax on the 75 ton mech than the kitfox? Not trying to be rude here so don't take it the wrong way. I just don't understand the logic here.

Edited by ShinobiHunter, 30 October 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#15 operatorZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

Sindak....show us this better faster build please.....I need to see it to believe that its be better than my UAC20 SRM24 T-Wolf, which even with S torso nerf can reliably 1v1 assaults. Please just show us....

#16 FoxTrot05

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

@operator Z: I may be wrong, but I think Sindak is trying to say lazer vomit on faster mechs like stormcrow beats UAC20/SRM24 T-wolfs.

#17 operatorZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 556 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostFoxTrot05, on 30 October 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

@operator Z: I may be wrong, but I think Sindak is trying to say lazer vomit on faster mechs like stormcrow beats UAC20/SRM24 T-wolfs.

As a better all around build laser doom crow is hard to beat...I agree...

#18 operatorZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 556 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:25 AM

However...hard to make the case that a medium no matter how potent can 100% take out a heavy if pilot skill is equal. "NEVER win" is a little strong I think.

How about "Sindak will win the majority of matches 1v1 vs. T-Wolf in his laser stormcrow due to ability to run away and out range said T-Wolf with a SRM UAC build, if maps are large and open and T-Wolf never gets within 300m"

"but if playing a laser T-Wolf I have more armor and at least equal firepower so if piloted equally I win"

there fixed it.

#19 Sindak

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSwiss

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

@operatorz...ok now I agree with you. Definitely if playing a laser T-Wolf you have more armor and at least equal firepower, so if piloted "well" you can win. Lets not forget to account for Stormcrow's speed ;)

...which brings me to my point: that any good build I can put on a T-Wolf I can at least match or better in another mech..... and the only good builds left for the T-Wolf now are laser based builds.

Happy Hunting!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users