13 replies to this topic

#1 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:05 AM

If I pay 750 MC to unlock a camo pattern should it be available on all my Mechs and not just one? I thought that is what one shot is for.

#2 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:07 AM

I am fairly sure it is available for only one chassis. One shot is when you deploy it for one match I think.

Bront is right. You buy it per chassis model (SHD, JR7, AS7) and one shot is for a single Mech chassis and is lost if changed.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 23 October 2014 - 06:19 AM.

#3 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:14 AM

Well that's good to know.. sucks... but good to know, lol

I think I'll spend my MC elsewhere then.. maybe cockpit items.. 500 MC and you can use them anywhere :)

#4 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:16 AM

One shots are only that mech, and if you change it again, you lose it.

Unlocks work for every mech of that model (all Shadowhawks, all Jenners, etc, except heroes and special skinned mechs), and you can go back and forth on them without losing access to that camo.

I'll unlock during sales occasionally if I know i'll have 3 variants I'll play, otherwise, the one shot is the way to go.

Edited by Bront, 23 October 2014 - 06:20 AM.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:20 AM

View PostBasicInfantry, on 23 October 2014 - 06:05 AM, said:

If I pay 750 MC to unlock a camo pattern should it be available on all my Mechs and not just one? I thought that is what one shot is for.

Paints:
Perm unlock for all mechs.

Camo:
Single use. Used only on that mech, lost when the mech is lost or changed (in pattern; changing colors is fine).
Unlock: Unlocks the pattern across all variants of that specific chassis.

Example of camo unlock:
Acquire Buccaneer for Hunchback (while on HBK-4P. Note this doesn't matter, but it gives context).
Now you go buy a HBK-4G. You have Buccaneer for HBK-4G without having to get it again. In fact, you now have it on HBK-4P, 4G, 4H, 4SP, and the 4J.

Sadly though, you will not have it on the Centurion, (another chassis) even though you bought it for the Hunchback.

This is how the game makes its usual small sum tidbits of money in between larger sources of income.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

It can look daunting at first, especially if you only bought a small amount of MC. But wait for weekends. Fridays usually have sales that last the weekend. Currently Stormcrows are super cheap for cbills so that's this weekend's sale.

I always get mine during the 50% off sales.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Spoiler

But you'll find me out in the field, looking good for the cameras. After some time, you'll have all the paints you care to have. From there, all that's left to buy are the camos, and for me they don't get bought til they are on sale. 375 is easier to get camos in bulk with. Then you get more MC with higher lump purchases, allowing you to stretch them even farther.

#7 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:28 AM

I actually bought it for My Hunchie 4p... it is available on that one and the SP.... was not available on my 4g. I had the 4p and the sp when I bought the camo pattern I later bought the 4g to master Hunchies but camo not available o that one.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

View PostBasicInfantry, on 23 October 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

I actually bought it for My Hunchie 4p... it is available on that one and the SP.... was not available on my 4g. I had the 4p and the sp when I bought the camo pattern I later bought the 4g to master Hunchies but camo not available o that one.

That is rather unusual. I would submit a ticket, and make sure you got it as "Unlocked" rather than "single use."
(If you're a Founder, I would say that is normal as the Founder's 4G can't be reskinned; but it doesn't say. A standard 4G can be.)

Send an email about it to:
support@MWOmercs.com

Edited by Koniving, 23 October 2014 - 06:35 AM.

#9 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:46 AM

It was borked the minute I purchased it..when I first bought the camo pattern it never showed as bought... support finally took care of it for me but apparently it still isn't quite right.

Thanks for all the help :) Very much appreciated!

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:49 AM

Apparently it is a support issue. They awarded you single use for all the mechs you had apparently. (At least this seems to be the case based on what you said). :(

Yeah if you had to buy it per mech, I'd never got so many paints let alone mechs. This is a very isolated issue.

On a side note...
This is how it should appear.

Posted Image
Note the lack of the padlock on the images, even if it is not currently being worn.

Many of the Hunchbacks were bought, sold, rebought, etc. after the fact. And as you can see by the mechbay count, I have quite a few. It remains unlocked and available to me at any time. If this is not the case for you (for example if you try to change the pattern, does it give you a warning about possibly losing the one you had or put a padlock on it?), definitely contact support about it again.

Edited by Koniving, 23 October 2014 - 06:51 AM.

#11 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:55 AM

It tries to charge me another 750 mc if I want to put it on any Hunchies other than the 2 I had when I got it. I was thinking what a freakin rip off, lol

Gonna contact support and see if they can fix it.. I'd buy camo now as long as I know it's going to unlock for all in the lineup.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

Sounds good. (And if it was the Founder's 4G, it'd never give you the option to choose another pattern, so if it's prompting to charge you again then clearly it's not the HBK-4G(F)). Hope they'll fix it correctly this time. :)

#13 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:04 AM

Unless you have a strong favourite chassis that you want to be able to paint and repaint all the time, the one-shots are much more economical. A one-shot is only a tenth of the cost of a perm camo, so even if you buy a one-shot for all your mechs of the same chassis it's still only 30% the cost (or more if you own 4 or 5 or more of the same chassis)

Sometimes permanent patterns go on sale for 50%, so that's a pretty small increase from 30%, but generally I just buy a one-shot for a mech I really like.

#14 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

I think i own like 4 unlock camo scheme, only 1 was bought knowing what i was getting and i was wasted and thought it was a good idea at the time because i couldnt decide what i wanted on which variant. The first one i thought it would unlock the camo for all mech because of the price, the other mistakes was me making the camo/paint i wanted on the unlock camo then click the single use check box BUT dont redo it, if you dont redo it and click buy it stays with the 750 unlock.

I cant imagine why anyone would want to buy unlock for a single chassis. I put a camo on a specific mech and usualy name him too and never change it except the color sometimes like xmas my AWS9M sherman is going to be green/red. Camo gives a personality to your mech, changing it would kill that. Buy new mech for camo you want it's cheaper and more fun to own more mech with different loadout/camo/names.

Last mech i bought was my fourth Orion, i did so because i was watching a music vid of the majestic F14 and i thought, i could put an over all bluegrey with black/yellow on a mech but which one can pull it off. No camo ON1 was a good choice and i wanted another ON1 anyway.

Edited by DAYLEET, 23 October 2014 - 09:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users