Zeus X Hero Mech Perhaps?

10 replies to this topic

#1 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

So now that we have the Zeus, I think it would be awesome to see the Zeus X. I'd love to see that custom geometry it has. Might not be possible because of all of the "experimental" tech it has like Reactive Armor, a composite frame and XXL engine. But man, I bet those should fins would be awesome.....

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:31 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 23 October 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

So now that we have the Zeus, I think it would be awesome to see the Zeus X. I'd love to see that custom geometry it has. Might not be possible because of all of the "experimental" tech it has like Reactive Armor, a composite frame and XXL engine. But man, I bet those should fins would be awesome.....

The Boar's Head is an example of them mixing two heroes...
It takes the Danielle's Atlas D hardpoints (6 energy on the arms, 1 ballistic, 1 missile) and then gave it to another Atlas hero pilot (a male) who does not have a specifically mentioned loadout but does have a specific paintjob. So they changed up the loadout, gave a Boar's head paintjob, and bam.

So they could take the X's hardpoints, give it some other more generic hero's stuff with another loadout and bam.

I would not count on a hero getting unique geometry. It would be nice... God knows i would have loved a Jester with one C1 arm and 1 K2 arm... but don't count on it.

#3 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:38 AM

It took us a while to get heroes for any of the Phoenix variants (and they stopped again, so who knows if we'll get more any time soon), so I wouldn't expect them for months after the release.

I'd guess the hero would have a balistic given the ® variant won't.

#4 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

View PostKoniving, on 23 October 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

The Boar's Head is an example of them mixing two heroes...
It takes the Danielle's Atlas D hardpoints (6 energy on the arms, 1 ballistic, 1 missile) and then gave it to another Atlas hero pilot (a male) who does not have a specifically mentioned loadout but does have a specific paintjob. So they changed up the loadout, gave a Boar's head paintjob, and bam.

So they could take the X's hardpoints, give it some other more generic hero's stuff with another loadout and bam.

I would not count on a hero getting unique geometry. It would be nice... God knows i would have loved a Jester with one C1 arm and 1 K2 arm... but don't count on it.

Im sure you are correct, but it would be amazing. It might not be the best on the battle field as the fins might give away your position....but still damn cool.

http://www.sarna.net...File:Zeus_X.jpg

Edited by AdamBaines, 23 October 2014 - 06:40 AM.

#5 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:50 AM

Hero of a Zeus would be Zeus Leonidas, no?

#6 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

View PostDarthPeanut, on 23 October 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

Could be, or the Zeus for Nondi Steiner. But they would be boring compared to the X :-)

#7 Commodore Perspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:24 AM

Zeus X is too far in the future for MWO's "timeline" (3119). If they were to do a Zeus hero based on lore mechs, it would probably be based on the Leonidas, though I suppose they could mix some of the hardpoints like Koniving points out regarding the Boar's Head.

#8 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostDarthPeanut, on 23 October 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

THIS... IS... STEINER!

#9 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 23 October 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

I would buy a Zeus X. Those fins are dead sexy.

Edited by Apnu, 23 October 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#10 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostCommodore Perspicuous, on 23 October 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

Zeus X is too far in the future for MWO's "timeline" (3119). If they were to do a Zeus hero based on lore mechs, it would probably be based on the Leonidas, though I suppose they could mix some of the hardpoints like Koniving points out regarding the Boar's Head.

Yes and No to that. The 4X was mass produced in 3119 as you can see from the basic info from Sarna. But the X...plain X.... was experimented with way prior to that (also in Sarna). I know that it was used against the WoB in 3071 by Stacy Church of the Dragoons, but It was experimented with before that. I dont have my copy of Maximum Tech in front of me, but I thought it started happening after the Helm Memory Core was found in 3026-27. Ill have to look that up tonight when I get home.

Either way your probably right that even if it was within the time line, it would not be a common mech, enough to have lots stomping around the battlefield.

#11 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

yeah that Zeus with hte fins looks pretty awesome. Kinda makes the mech in my mind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users