23 replies to this topic

#1 LordBacon

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

hi everyone,
i got some spare MC's which i wanted to use to buy 1 or more new hero mechs for my collection.
i already got:

Ember (4x ML 4x MG)
Oxide (4x SRM4)
Huginn (2x SRM4 4x MG)
Yen-Lo-Wang (1x AC20 2x MPL)
Centurion-AH (3x MG 3x SRM6)
Flame (1x AC20 4x ML)
Jester (2x LL 4x ML)
Firebrand (2x UAC5 2x ERLL 4x ML)
Ilya Muromets (1x Gauss 2x ERLL 1x LL)
Dragonslayer (1x UAC5 1x AC5 2x PPC)
Hellslinger (2x PPC 3x SRM6)
Misery (1x AC20 5x ML)
Atlas-S (4x ML 1x AC20 4x SRM4)
+ all Clan Invasion Wave 1+2 Primes + Bonus Maddog Prime(I)
(King Crab, 16th December)

i need someone who can help me out with reasonable data and or experience with a hero mech to help me decide to buy another one that isn't listed. maybe even some outstanding loadouts with heros i already have in my mechbay.

Edit: I refreshed the list of Hero mechs i have atm. Still looking to fill my Mechbays so pls go ahead with some advice. Thanks to all the help already.

Edited by LordBacon, 05 November 2014 - 04:05 AM.

#2 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

A hero variant of chassis you already own so it can be mastered quickly.

#3 Dagon Zur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

I love my Heavy Metal.
My favorite assault mech (I'm sorry Atlas-DDC).
1000+ games in "Pink Terror", still playing it quite often...

Quite different from other HGNs... very ballanced in hardpoints but can't boat anything, best at mixed builds.....slightly more agile than other HGNs (330 engine cap for 65,3 kph max) ...still moves and turns like a cargo ship....

It's best feature are fully articulate arms that can mount huge firepower (2 ballistic R-arm, 3 energy L-arm).
The arms are very accurate and can attack from all angles, even light mechs at close range are no problem, with the right weapon.To get the feeling, try GAUSS+3LL on Victor-K or 2AC5+PPC on Dragon Slayer (all arm mounted), i think they have similar arm articulation. Heavy Metal can mount more weapons in arms than those puny Victors..
I reccomend it, it is a great assault, feels like real man's mech (but PINK!!!???)

#4 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

Wait for the quirk list on Nov 4.

#5 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

I suggest waiting for a sale.

That said, Misery is missing and is a great mech (on my list to buy)

Arrow is nice as well, and ready to go stock with a great build.

Heavy Metal isn't bad, but I'm not a huge HGN fan.

#6 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:21 PM

What Bront said: Misery is a pretty ferocious mech, although it does need a little bit of work out of the box. As for other Heroes:

Ember - Flat-out monster: EMBER
Death Knell - slap in the biggest XL, 4ML, and feast on whales while moving at 171kph DEATH'S KNELL
Heavy Metal - Pretty good all-arounder. Arguably the best of the highlanders, for sure, if you want that mech.
Dragon Slayer - even with the meta AC5/PPC toned down, the DS is still a great mech
Misery - GREAT mech, if you're into Stalkers
Ilya - not as feared as it once was, now that there's a lot more heavies on the field, but armed up with UAC5s or AC5s, it can still be a holy terror.

#7 LordBacon

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:30 PM

yeah well, hope never dies, but i dont think another hero mech sale will be up soon. as the quirks are ready to come into play some might wanna reconsider not buying hero mechs that might be good after the 4th Nov. so it'd be bad in case of financial gain (no insult intended, u guys are doing well after splitting up with igp, i mean it) to make a sale right after that quirk patch.
but i'd gladly buy plenty of heros if they go on sale soon, i was kinda unlucky in the past if it comes to hero sales. missed every single hero sale.

Pgi-Team if u read this "all-in" on hero mech sale. :>

btw where is the shadowhawk hero mech? *eyeroll*

Edited by LordBacon, 23 October 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#8 Dagon Zur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:11 PM

Other than Heavy Metal, which is the best mech in universe..

Misery, Protector, Jester, Sparky, Arrow, St.Ives Blues......are good too

Atlas-S (hero version!) is SOOO good, that buying a 20$ Resistance pack to get it seems a good deal to me, there is time limit tho...

Edited by Dagon Zur, 23 October 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#9 PACoFist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationThe Eye Of Chaos

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

Whatever you choose don´t get the Jester. I have it and it is my worst mech by far.

I looked at my stats yesterday and saw that I have been doing better with my Spider-5V than with the cursed Jester.

#10 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

Flame!

be different and it is a great mech.

although you can never go wrong with the ember.

Edited by Bigbacon, 25 October 2014 - 06:02 AM.

#11 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:33 AM

MISERY is all what you need :D
I am also not a fan of Heavy Metal, I realy dont know why . . . but his metal sound is cool, when you kill somebody :)

#12 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostPACoFist, on 24 October 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

Whatever you choose don´t get the Jester. I have it and it is my worst mech by far.

I looked at my stats yesterday and saw that I have been doing better with my Spider-5V than with the cursed Jester.

I know several folks who like the Jester. It really depends on your play style. 2 LL, 4 ML, 2 AMS, and an XL355 looks like a lot of fun though.

#13 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

never buy heroes full price

Ember is the best light currently

Dragonslayer will be good again after quirks flush

Firebrand is OK but comes with all the inherent weaknesses of the chasis

Jester was fun until the JJ nerf, now it's meh. Agility was its forte, now it doesn't have them anymore

Misery is good but it's slow.

#14 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

X-5 is a great striker, light and fast, able to exploit opportunities with quick reaction

#15 senaiboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

Jester is my favourite mech (Catapults being my favourite variant, so I'm biased), I've been using one for over 200 matches now. Due to it being an energy-only mech, there aren't many effective configurations you can use it with. There tends to be two types of Jesters: Brawler, or long-range support.

I've seen brawler Jesters with 6 MPLs that are devastating at short range, with such a high alpha and close to pinpoint damage. They take out components very, very easily. I used a 2 ERLLs + 4 MPLs build instead, for versatility in pug matches. JJs help with brawling too for quick turns, or jumping over the enemy (especially Atlas and DW who turn so slowly!)

The long-range Jesters aren't as good from what I've noticed. PPCs are now harder to land at distance (and too high heat for closer engagements), you'll be better using Gauss Rifles for sniping anyway.

#16 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:03 PM

What, no love for the Anansi? It is the best non-ecm spider and I would be tempted to argue as good if not better than the 5d as a hit run striker/mini-brawler.

#17 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

Posted Image

#18 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:41 PM

Apart from the obvious, buying heroes for chassis you love, if they aren't on sale look at the Mastery Bundles, it'll limit your hero choices somewhat, but helps soften the blow of the price to have the rest of it. The Stalker bundle covers all your bases with the Misery, one of the better Heroes you don't have.

Beyond that, Heavy Metal is among the best of the Highlanders, and still quite a good choice even if the jumping is diminished. The X-5 is one of the few 'Mechs I play totally as bought, its just murder on speed, its a Jenner minus the jump jets and equally effective IMO. Stock Arrow is another great build too, just chews opponents apart. Protector is good as far as the Orions go, definitely play the Trial K to get the feel if you like the chassis first. The St. Ives Blue is just plain nice to drive and again close to best Vindicator.

#19 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:47 AM

1.) You might want to wait until quirk pass to have a proper perspective.
2.) You might want to wait for a sale to use your MCs effectively and not being frustrated over it later.
3.) Jester and Heavy Metal are both relatively bad. Jester is a desperate hybrid of C1 and K2 and gains almost nothing from it aside from weak spots of both. Heavy Metal might've been good if it's parent Highlander chassis weren't that bad.
4.) Misery is one of the most efficient Assaults aside from Atlas D-DC at the present moment.
5.) Sparky and Arrow are more-less superior hero choices within Medium class. They're quite inflexible, but efficient. Consider them if you're doing good with their chassis standard variants.

#20 Dagon Zur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:47 AM

Hey...check this thread:

http://mwomercs.com/...he-test-server/

looks like..........Victors and HGNs will be un-nerfed

Heavy Metal is happy :))

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users