Change The Spawn Points

4 replies to this topic

#1 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:50 PM

I'm about done with pugging with chase the tail on River City, and the battle being over on I9 hill on Alpine by the time you get there.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:09 PM

While it'd be nice to have random spawn points....

I'd like them to just remove the I9 hill altogether.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:52 AM

Most of the maps are fine (and generally too small for their to be any other place to spawn, like Forest Colony) but I can agree that Alpine needs some changes in spawn location as well as overall map flow. It's a huge map but there is too little reason to go anywhere else except the center.

#4 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

Yeah, the scattered spawn points prevent the maps from being fully utilized. It would be better if there were random spawn locations on the map at which the entire team spawned.

Putting in random spawns would also increase the role Lights have for information warfare, since you would no longer know exactly where your enemy was spawning. :)

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:37 AM

On a side note, I really think the smaller maps could use smaller player counts. Or expansions on their size. (For example on Forest Colony, expand out into the water as an 'origin' for the other team, so you have one team invading from the water and the other team starting out on land. This creates a scenario that makes a bit more sense than simply 'Oh we started about 1,000 meters apart, quick we're going to war with you.'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users