• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 24 October 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

[/size]

One would think, but I know I'm already going to get tickets in the morning demanding refunds for paying full MC price even though the date and time and timezone is presented. :) Some people just happen to jump the gun, which is why we try to save active sale announcements for when they become relevant so as to not generate more confusion than necessary.

Maybe put the sale times in the thread Title as well? (Zombie Mech Sale - Starting 10/24 10 AM PDT)

#42 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

Wait... Wait... Wait...
It cost me ~7.5 mill c-bill to get the reward Cent up to snuff... Now you're telling me that I can't get the other Cents to round out my collection of 3 without either paying full c-bill price or spending real $?

Idea PGI: Instead of trying to nickle and dime your customers, try to increase sales by showing them how much you appreciate them.
Instead of selling standard 'mechs for 50% off MC, try selling the hero for half off MC and the standards for 50% c-bills. It will encourage us to get whatever collection of 'mechs we are looking at and encourage us to get MC for something substantial.
As it stands now I don't think a lot of us are going to fall for it, and I don't think you are going to see a significant increase in sales of MC.

#43 SemperDie

• PipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

You seem to have forgotten to add the Champion and Hero versions of the mechs, where applicable. I would have bought the Centurion CN9-A(C) if it was on there. Maybe Wang too.

Edited by SemperDie, 24 October 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#44 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 23 October 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

My missiles rained upon the Centurion until all ammunition was depleted.

I could see the tattered remains of the 'Mech...
The left leg was torn, the arms blown asunder: I approached to claim my scrap metal prize.

As the fog of war cleared, I could see the an empty cockpit seat through the fractured glass and billowing dark smoke.[indent]

'No prisoners...Too easy.'[/indent]

...And that's when then the 'Mech powered up again...

Warning: large-size animated gif.
Spoiler

It's never dead when you think it is.

#45 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:30 AM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 24 October 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Wait... Wait... Wait...
It cost me ~7.5 mill c-bill to get the reward Cent up to snuff... Now you're telling me that I can't get the other Cents to round out my collection of 3 without either paying full c-bill price or spending real $?

Idea PGI: Instead of trying to nickle and dime your customers, try to increase sales by showing them how much you appreciate them.
Instead of selling standard 'mechs for 50% off MC, try selling the hero for half off MC and the standards for 50% c-bills. It will encourage us to get whatever collection of 'mechs we are looking at and encourage us to get MC for something substantial.
As it stands now I don't think a lot of us are going to fall for it, and I don't think you are going to see a significant increase in sales of MC.

They've already done MC and Cbill sales not too long ago (In fact the Shadowhawk and Stormcrow sale this week was both by MC and Cbills). However, I was hoping it would continue. I've been waiting for the KTO-20 to go on sale, but with Cbills. Alas, I guess I must wait longer as I'm not paying MC for a standard variant.

Edited by Sevronis, 24 October 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#46 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:23 AM

There's a zombie on your lawhaaawn!
There's a zombie on your lawn!
There's a zombie on your lawhaaawn!
We don't want zombies on the law-hawn!

#47 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 23 October 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

50% off on select ZombieMechs

Read...........stop asking...........

MC

#48 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

Love the durability of standard engines very much so in a locust. i can see why people would pay MC for a spider 5K(C) or a 5D but i'm not sure anyone buys the 5V for MC.

#49 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 24 October 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

Doubt you'll ever see that happen, but it's a nice suggestion.

I also once thought that Mechbay sales would never happen, but they did. The same thing with c-bill priced mechs. So, I think that is possible. They could call it black market sales and have limited time offers on ballistic weapons, for example.

#50 Hayato1983

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

Too bad only medium and light mechs. :wacko:

#51 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:30 PM

No Misery? No money for you!

Also, MC sale for standard variants that have been out for eons? Really?

Edited by knightsljx, 24 October 2014 - 05:31 PM.

#52 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:16 PM

Making this an MC only sale ruined a great idea. This isn't how you engage the community for a holiday event.

Can't wait for Christmas!

#53 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:26 PM

Well, I think the Mech portion of this sale is pretty much a bust. The variants people would spend MC on, Heroes and Champions (because the only way to buy them is with real $) are not on sale (lost opportunity) and only the MC cost of standard mechs, which you can buy for C-bills, are on sale for 50% off. Maybe some/most of you feel differently, but I wouldn't buy something for MC that I could buy for C-bills (specially if all I needed the mechs for was to complete mastery and wouldn't keep past that)...unless you have more real money than you know what to do with, I wouldn't spend real money on something I am not planning on keeping. The Shadow Hawk and Storm Crow (and Mech bay) sale (that we as a community worked together to earn) that is ending today now that was a proper sale where both MC AND C-bills were discounted (as were all the previous mech sales this summer, unlike this one). I get the whole theme of this sale, it is a cool idea (even if there are many more mechs than the ones PGI listed that are acknowledged as "zombiable"...I know many of them don't have 2E HP in the CT, but I don't think that makes for a zombie mech traditionally) but a sale on C-bill mechs that doesn't discount C-bills isn't much of a "sale".

#54 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 24 October 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

no one expects the standard engine lolcust.

Or the spanish inquisition.

#55 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:12 AM

Thanks to this sale i now have to DHS tax a CN9-D, CN9-AL, Endo the -D and Endo, FF and possibly DHS a Locust 1m and scavange an XL for it.

I now have a full compliment of Centurions.

:rolleyes:

One more thing anyone not noticed that the CN9-D cannot actually zombie.....It Haz XL. Shhhh I bought one anywayz been after one for a while but can't be arsed saving cbills for one.

Edited by mad kat, 27 October 2014 - 01:25 AM.

#56 Steele Rein

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMotor City, USA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

Camo's are showing as only 15% off in game, not 50%! Please fix.

#57 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:41 AM

Zombie mechs....reminds me of the Black Knight. "It's just a flesh wound."

#58 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

Nice sale !

Time to buy the last Firestarter variants.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users