23 replies to this topic

#1 Jaenos

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:59 PM

I have always loved the lore of Battletech, even though I don't know that much and Clan Wolf has always been my favourite clan. I would like to join a strong Wolf Clan. Possibly roleplayers, I don't know. Not too pushy about practice times because I do have a life outside the game. Please contact me. Also, I am on skype more than I am here on this forum. If possible send a message at Jay Dako on skype. I will try to keep tabs here though. If it matters, I am Canadian, own (but never played) two editions of the tabletop war game (2 and 3) MW2E Roleplaying game and a Time of War. Also played the SNES MW, MW2, MW4 V and M, and the Mechassault games.

I have never tried any faction in this game yet.

#2 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:45 AM

Clan Wolf Delta Galaxy is looking for players, you can reach us at www.cwdg.us. Come check us out, maybe you fit...

Please be prepared to use teamspeak to communicate.

#3 Jaenos

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:22 AM

I had a look at your site and it is a little overwhelming.

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:03 AM

You can try http://clan-wolf.info/ , Clan Wolf International (Alpha and Omega Galaxies).

We are a heavily lore-based unit and we have some people enjoying RP (like me) and any other kind of players.

If you do not have enough time for regular practice, you will be able to play as casual too.

See you in the battlefield!

Edited by CyclonerM, 29 October 2014 - 05:03 AM.

#5 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostJaenos, on 29 October 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

I had a look at your site and it is a little overwhelming.

Hmm...if that is overwhelming...

Yes, well good luck elsewhere then!

#6 Jaenos

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:03 PM

Felt a little condescending there Gyrok. Was a bit of a test to see if your group is helpful with getting people in. Kind of a test on the feel of that community and you just brushed me off.

#7 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostJaenos, on 29 October 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Felt a little condescending there Gyrok. Was a bit of a test to see if your group is helpful with getting people in. Kind of a test on the feel of that community and you just brushed me off.

I would be willing to help. But our home page is not at all overhwelming or complex.

It is literally a header bar, 4-5 widgets and text with a few logos. If you cannot fathom how to navigate it, then I am not quite sure how to react other than to say it came off like you were attempting to troll.

Trolls are not the sort we are looking for, if you are serious about joining. I will discuss anything with you on our teamspeak and answer any and all questions you might have in due course accordingly.

So you know. We value character above most anything else, willingness to take advice would likely be the only thing on as high a priority level. We are looking for devoted upstanding individuals who are looking for a cohesive team environment that are willing to participate in training weekly, if not nightly.

You do not have to be present nightly, but we would prefer you at least make 1-2 training sessions weekly. They are usually a short course of teaching followed by implementation in group drops.

Hope you find what you are looking for, whether that is with us, or others. Good luck trothkin, and may kerensky bless your path.

Edited by Gyrok, 29 October 2014 - 03:47 PM.

#8 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:00 PM

Well this is an odd read . . . . . Think you made the right call there Gyrok thin skin detected.

#9 Jaenos

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:02 AM

I was in no way trolling nor am I thin skinned. I was merely posing a test to see if it is a "Can not figure it out? Bye then." Group or "Can not figure it out? Let me help you with that." group. I look for a helping, friendly community, not a dismissive one. I am honestly curious though and willing to try things out. Though it is possible for me to miss a week due to having to babysit among other things, as real life must always come first over gaming. I will state that tone of voice passes very poorly over text.

Edited by Jaenos, 30 October 2014 - 03:04 AM.

#10 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:19 AM

Well, i see your intention. There are many Clan Wolf units, you may find one fitting for you ;)

Btw, we do accept that real life comes first. However, training sessions are organized if you wish to be part of an active Cluster. We have, anyway, a sponsorship system for cadets to help training them for their Trial of Position and not only :)

P.S. We require the use of TS. You may enjoy it! When you connect to our server, you will have to wait until someone comes to greet you and gives you sibko permissions.

#11 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:46 AM

View PostJaenos, on 30 October 2014 - 03:02 AM, said:

I was in no way trolling nor am I thin skinned. I was merely posing a test to see if it is a "Can not figure it out? Bye then." Group or "Can not figure it out? Let me help you with that." group. I look for a helping, friendly community, not a dismissive one. I am honestly curious though and willing to try things out. Though it is possible for me to miss a week due to having to babysit among other things, as real life must always come first over gaming. I will state that tone of voice passes very poorly over text.

I agree, and we understand real life happens...if you are interested, then we would welcome you to our teamspeak to see if our unit is a good fit.

#12 _VULCAN_

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:02 AM

Hey Jaenos,

Make a turn at Clan Wolf Kappa in your quest to find a clan than works for you. My Canadian is starting to feel lonely and I need to find him a wingman.

TeamSpeak : CWKG.enjinvoice.com , no password

#13 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:41 AM

Posted Image

#14 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostJaenos, on 30 October 2014 - 03:02 AM, said:

fellow canadian here actually we have a few in CWDG. i can tell you we are far from dismissive. extremely helpful group of people here.

#15 PictishWolf

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 69 posts
  • LocationOH

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:18 AM

I hope you don't mind, Jaenos, if I hijack your thread a little. I am reevaluating my current unit membership and for what I hope are obvious reasons, your clan came to mind. I would have to remain a casual member, because I am unable to commit to a set schedule for the foreseeable future. I also have a very mature son who I would be bringing with me. He may be interested in being a more serious member. He is better than me at MWO by a good margin. I'm both proud and slightly embarrassed to admit it. We both have recently purchased clan mechs that we're already fairly proficient with. We tend to play kind of late (10pm-1am Pacific time). I hope you have active players then. I'd like to test the waters, if you're amenable.

#16 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostPictishWolf, on 31 October 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

I hope you don't mind, Jaenos, if I hijack your thread a little. I am reevaluating my current unit membership and for what I hope are obvious reasons, your clan came to mind. I would have to remain a casual member, because I am unable to commit to a set schedule for the foreseeable future. I also have a very mature son who I would be bringing with me. He may be interested in being a more serious member. He is better than me at MWO by a good margin. I'm both proud and slightly embarrassed to admit it. We both have recently purchased clan mechs that we're already fairly proficient with. We tend to play kind of late (10pm-1am Pacific time). I hope you have active players then. I'd like to test the waters, if you're amenable.

Actually, we have a lot of late night CST players that would be around similar times, as well as some europeans and aussies who are inclined to hop in at such times.

#17 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:09 AM

We also have a lot of players from all across the USA timezones. You should easily find someone to play with (actually, the majority of our warriors are from USA and Canada ;) ).

We already have a father among our warriors who has introduced his son to the Clan :)

There is also room for both casual and active warriors. If your son meets the maturity requirements and wants an active role in the Clan touman, why not? Waste not, want not, quiaff?

Good luck in your quest.

#18 PictishWolf

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 69 posts
  • LocationOH

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:12 PM

Which group would be less likely to be annoyed by someone who is not an expert in Clan Wolf lore and is, therefore, less inclined to role-playing? I have read a good number of the novels, but I did not study them. I also never played TT and am certainly no actor.

Any offense felt at my use of contractions previously was unintended. My memory lapsed regarding that detail of Clan culture.

#19 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostPictishWolf, on 01 November 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Which group would be less likely to be annoyed by someone who is not an expert in Clan Wolf lore and is, therefore, less inclined to role-playing? I have read a good number of the novels, but I did not study them. I also never played TT and am certainly no actor.

Any offense felt at my use of contractions previously was unintended. My memory lapsed regarding that detail of Clan culture.

We are a lore-based unit, meaning that we use ranks, Trials, etc. based on the novels and sourcebooks, but we do not require people to know which color was the Phelan's jumpsuit in chapter X of the novel Y ;)

We are a big unit, so you will find different kind of players: some quite interested in RP and well-versed in the lore, many others who have just read the novels, many who have not even read them. Everyone should be able find his place.

Edited by CyclonerM, 01 November 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#20 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:58 PM

View PostPictishWolf, on 01 November 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

I've never played TT, read maybe 12-15 separate novels, and I got elected loremaster (go figure) :P

Our organization is based on canon, and we do hold certain parts of canon close to heart (ex: Trials of Position, Bloodright, etc), but like Cycloner said, we're a large mix of different folks, so we kind of leave it up to the players themselves on how deep they want to get into the lore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users