68 replies to this topic

#21 silentnukerecon

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 24 October 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

PGI, for me, this is awesome! I'm so damn tired of having to call up my CC every time I want to buy something from you guys, its a pain in the ass. I even got one of those prepaid debbit cards last month just so I wouldn't have to deal with it, but the found out that they wouldn't pay to you guys in Canada (even though they say its accepted in Canada...). With this, now all I have to do is go take a nice, simple, pleasant drive to my local Gamestop to pick up a Karma Koin card. Much better than screaming at some poor person over the phone to stop flagging you guys every single time I buy MC, yet them continuing to flag every time I try to buy MC.

I just have one question - does it work with purchasing mech packs? Please, please, please do :)

I hope they will allow us to use them for it. I could buy the pack today if it would allow it.

#22 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:19 PM

Last Year for Black Friday they had a 20 percent of MC Sale that you could just buy online.. (Year before that was 50 percent I believe)

I checked out Karma Koin website and you have to have a physical Card.... you cannot buy it online...
This is what I found on their HOME PAGE..
Posted Image

#23 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

View PostLORD TSARKON, on 24 October 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

Last Year for Black Friday they had a 20 percent of MC Sale that you could just buy online.. (Year before that was 50 percent I believe)

I checked out Karma Koin website and you have to have a physical Card.... you cannot buy it online...
This is what I found on their HOME PAGE..

No need to be ridiculously negative. It's just a new partnership they are offering a discount on to encourage sales. I will be waiting for the direct MC sales November-December myself.

Really though... Do you have to be negative about everything?

#24 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:57 AM

First reaction : " NICE MC SALE!!! "

Second reaction after checking the Karma Koin website : " F*** i'm french ='( "

Nice idea : to put a MC sale or something like this for asian and european people... We feel a little, hum, injure. Ha ha ha!

See you on battlefield, mechwarriors =)

#25 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:29 AM

To PGI - Will Karma Koin be added as an option to buy the Resistance Collection? As well as other future collections?

As of right now, you can not. I'm hoping that it will be available as a payment option soon (not just for MC). ;)

Thanks,
Ayrmoon

#26 Ainthe

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:02 PM

I stopped at a local Gamestop and found Karma Koin in $10, $25, and $50 increments.

MWO accepts MC purchases with Karma Koin in the following increments:

$99.95
$49.95
$29.95
$14.95
$6.95

So what exactly am I suppose to do with a .05 balance Karma Koin card?

Yes, I suppose after *139* Karma Koin MC purchases you will have enough to purchase the lowest Karma Koin MC purchase.

I rather have PGI round Karma Koin MC purchases to the nearest dollar and earn .05 more then leave .05 with Karma Koin that I will never redeem.

#27 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

Apparently Newegg (and other vendors, though very spotty) sells them online, but through e-mail transactions.

However, there is a "limit 1 per customer" deal. It's probably just wise to get them @ $50 or something like that, so you can work around the obvious problems.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16832657003

Edited by Deathlike, 26 October 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#28 The Hospitable Bel-Shamharoth

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostAinthe, on 26 October 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

I stopped at a local Gamestop and found Karma Koin in $10, $25, and $50 increments.

MWO accepts MC purchases with Karma Koin in the following increments:

$99.95
$49.95
$29.95
$14.95
$6.95

So what exactly am I suppose to do with a .05 balance Karma Koin card?

Yes, I suppose after *139* Karma Koin MC purchases you will have enough to purchase the lowest Karma Koin MC purchase.

I rather have PGI round Karma Koin MC purchases to the nearest dollar and earn .05 more then leave .05 with Karma Koin that I will never redeem.

On the Karma Koin combine cards page(http://karmakoin.com...s/combine_cards) you can put two cards pins together to make one card.
Eg: If I buy two $49.95 MC packs with two $50.00 then I can enter the cards (now with $0.05 each) pins into the combine cards page and get a new pin for a card with $0.10 on it. I think you can also use your new pin and combine that with another pin too.

#29 Khan Ninah

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:20 PM

I'm from Singapore and just happen to be in the USA for a holiday. There shouldn't be any issues if I buy the cards and redeem them when I go home right?

#30 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:03 PM

View PostTenderballz, on 26 October 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

I'm from Singapore and just happen to be in the USA for a holiday. There shouldn't be any issues if I buy the cards and redeem them when I go home right?

It looks like all you need to process the payment with the Karma Koin cards is the PIN on the back of the card. I can't see why it would pose a problem using it in a different country when you enter the PIN.

#31 CMetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 289 posts
  • LocationCortlandt Manor, NY

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:22 PM

So Karma Koin is a currency card that PGI is implementing so that those without credit cards can purchase in game content... I get that there is a sale happening, but why would PGI care if this card can be purchased online or not... you know... since if you can purchase a Karma Koin card online you can purchase MC online using the same payment method. All I see is misplaced rage.

#32 Modat5

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:08 AM

So... just picked up one of the Karma Koin cards, the $25 one to be exact. I have to agree with Ainthe above that PGI should be matching watch the actual cards are worth... I end up with wasted money on a card I can't fully use!!! UNLESS I buy more cards and combine them... something I should NOT have to do. I should be able to use the full $25 towards MWO and be done with it!!!

Who came up with the $99.95, $49.95, $29.95, $14.95, $6.95 amounts? The accountant? The Karma Koin cards are not sold in those increments at the retailers near me.

And of course I purchased the card BEFORE I checked out the redemption page, silly me thinking PGI would be up front and take the full amount of the card.
Another lesson learned the hard way.

#33 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

FYI... BEfore you buy

View PostModat5, on 27 October 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

So... just picked up one of the Karma Koin cards, the $25 one to be exact. I have to agree with Ainthe above that PGI should be matching watch the actual cards are worth... I end up with wasted money on a card I can't fully use!!! UNLESS I buy more cards and combine them... something I should NOT have to do. I should be able to use the full $25 towards MWO and be done with it!!!

Who came up with the $99.95, $49.95, $29.95, $14.95, $6.95 amounts? The accountant? The Karma Koin cards are not sold in those increments at the retailers near me.

And of course I purchased the card BEFORE I checked out the redemption page, silly me thinking PGI would be up front and take the full amount of the card.
Another lesson learned the hard way.

View PostGreenjulius, on 24 October 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

No need to be ridiculously negative. It's just a new partnership they are offering a discount on to encourage sales. I will be waiting for the direct MC sales November-December myself.

Really though... Do you have to be negative about everything?

How is being ripped off being ridiculously negative? Guess you don't see the scam. and I"m not negative... I"m a REALIST...
There is a difference... I want people to know the real truth.... Be it the new Karma Koin card or anything else that happens here.

Edited by LORD TSARKON, 27 October 2014 - 08:34 AM.

#34 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

View PostLORD TSARKON, on 27 October 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

FYI... BEfore you buy

How is being ripped off being ridiculously negative? Guess you don't see the scam. and I"m not negative... I"m a REALIST...
There is a difference... I want people to know the real truth.... Be it the new Karma Koin card or anything else that happens here.

Hardly a scam. This isn't really any much different than any of these other online currency cards you can get at any convenience store. Its not like the money is going to expire. Additionally, you can combine cards, meaning that money vouchers can be combined so none goes to waste, and you can spend it on other games. Nobody ever said that PGI would give you a special MC package for Karma Koin vouchers.

Edited by MarsAtlas, 27 October 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#35 T K O

• PipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:53 AM

My question is how much MC is being bought for that $25 card say compared to just buying it via this site?

#36 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

View Posttkospec5, on 28 October 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

My question is how much MC is being bought for that $25 card say compared to just buying it via this site?

As long as the currency used on the card is US$ then it will be exactly the same. In other cases there will be a currency conversion.

#37 Agyar30

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

What about collection packs and Karma Koin? Days are passing but still no update in that regard.

#38 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:26 PM

This is all I could find for an "online" version with the code sent to your e-mail... assuming you don't want to go to a store.. and there's "no limit" (outside of the "supply" they have).

http://www.pcgamesup...mes/Karma-Koin/

Of course, this is all at your own risk... so good luck.

#39 speedy mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostAgyar30, on 28 October 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

What about collection packs and Karma Koin? Days are passing but still no update in that regard.

I asked Russ direct in pm and he said:
"At this point all of our packs are restricted to separate out of game purchases and Karma Koin only buys MC
"

#40 Agyar30

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

View Postspeedy mechanic, on 28 October 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

I asked Russ direct in pm and he said:
"At this point all of our packs are restricted to separate out of game purchases and Karma Koin only buys MC
"

Thanks, well bit strange to me but at least this makes things clear. Pitty because current mc package prices and karma koin values are not in parity especially in the lower brackets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users