Karma Koin Mc Sale

68 replies to this topic

#61 JeepStuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

There are three key differences between Karma Koin and a prepaid credit card. First, when I tried the Karma Koin there were no fees. With a prepaid credit card, you pay roughly a $5 fee at the register.

Second, I had no trouble buying a Karma Koin card in the US and using it to pay a Canadian company (PGI). By way of comparison, prepaid credit cards do not allow international purchases. So you can't buy a prepaid credit card in the US and make a Canadian purchase with it. I got around this by selecting PayPal as the method of payment, and then choosing "guest" rather than signing in with my PayPal account. If you pay as a guest, you can enter the prepaid credit card number. Since paypal is a US company, the transaction wasn't considered an international purchase to the prepaid credit card.

Third, you can't use Karma Koin to purchase pre-order items. PGI doesn't currently support that. So pre-order purchases must be made using a prepaid credit card or some other method - - no Karma Koin.

So there are pros and cons to each.

#62 JeepStuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:35 AM

And no, you can't load Karma Koin with an arbitrary amount. The card sizes are fixed. The previous posts are right. To get the max value out of using Karma Koin (least forfeit amount on the card and avoid the $5 fee of a prepaid credit card), you really have to go all the way up to the $50 Karma Koin.

#63 KalTorak18

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostEJT, on 12 November 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

And no, you can't load Karma Koin with an arbitrary amount. The card sizes are fixed.

Actually, that isn't true at all locations. At the Walgreens I went to here in Houston, TX, USA, they only had 1 card for the Karma Koins and it was a blank gift card. I told them how much to put on it when I checked out. It was active about 2 hours after that.

#64 JeepStuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostKalTorak18, on 12 November 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

Actually, that isn't true at all locations. At the Walgreens I went to here in Houston, TX, USA, they only had 1 card for the Karma Koins and it was a blank gift card. I told them how much to put on it when I checked out. It was active about 2 hours after that.

Awesome! Thanks for the correction. I didn't see that option at my Walgreens and assumed it was true everywhere. Because, you know, that sort of logic works all the time....

#65 Solomance

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

Dosnt seem to be working in Canada at the moment. paypal gift wont process payments.

#66 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 24 October 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

Too bad you have to physically buy a card, as far as I could tell. Feels like there should be an online only option for this.

You can get them online via paypal:
https://www.paypal-g...karma-koin.html

#67 Solomance

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

• We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to merchant and try using a different payment method.

From paypal

#68 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostDevilCrayon, on 19 December 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

You can get them online via paypal:
https://www.paypal-g...karma-koin.html

Thanks for the repost. At the time they weren't linked with PayPal, but when they did the second re-announcement, I went online and bought $200 for two HBK Mastery packs so now I have a fleet of Hunchbacks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users