Now I Give It Up - I Have To.

156 replies to this topic

#1 ABalazs

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:42 AM

First of all, I am a really new player, and not a so swift learner, but I tried to endure the initial hardship of this game, because it looked promising with all those customization options.

C-bill came slowly, because I rarely manage to kill, but I can make 5-6 assists per game. I earned 60k per game - 70-100k by per win and 25-60k per loss. Not great but enough to earn a DHS on a mech in a weekend day.

Now, with this great Rewards 2.0, even after the hotfix my income approximately halved. I played four hours today, earning 350k C-bills.

I wanted to buy a new Shadowhawk, a third one to try to elite at least one chassis, but at this income rate, I have no chance at all to finish the grind until the sale ends. So thanks for all the fish, PGI.

Would be great to get back all the real money I sank in this (not that) great game, I have a plenty of unspent MC, fun per dollar ratio seems to be pretty low here.

#2 Nauht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:47 AM

/scratching my head.

Why didn't you buy your SHD with MC if you have plenty, when they're 45% off for MC too.

#3 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

View PostNauht, on 24 October 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

/scratching my head.

Why didn't you buy your SHD with MC if you have plenty, when they're 45% off for MC too.

I'm assuming he doesn't want to use MC on something he can buy with C-Bills....Four hours to only make 350k though is pretty absurd....you either are just not doing anything at all, Like hiding in a corner, or you are just unskilled at this game. There is not reason you cant make 100,000 a match for just following the team around and shooting what they shoot.

Sounds a little exaggerated to me....

#4 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

Why didn't you join a unit?

#5 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:56 AM

if you do have plenty of MC, why not buy a hero mech and get premium time and enjoy your doubled income?

maybe try to watch some tutorials etc.

#6 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:57 AM

Literally just stick with the team and slap a tag or narc on your mech. Also be patient and do not die first and follow the assaults so people shoot at them and not you.

About grinding during sales I get that it takes time and I wish we made more too, but you just can educate yourself a bit and save cash before the sale. 6 mil for the best clan mech in the game is so reasonable it is silly.

I am trying not to be snarky and I hope the experience can get better for you. It is hard to give any advice specifically because you did not tell us what you drive and what the problems are...

#7 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:59 AM

I'm so happy I didn't activate 30 days of premtime.

#8 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:02 AM

View PostCerlin, on 24 October 2014 - 05:57 AM, said:

Literally just stick with the team and slap a tag or narc on your mech. Also be patient and do not die first and follow the assaults so people shoot at them and not you.

About grinding during sales I get that it takes time and I wish we made more too, but you just can educate yourself a bit and save cash before the sale. 6 mil for the best clan mech in the game is so reasonable it is silly.

I am trying not to be snarky and I hope the experience can get better for you. It is hard to give any advice specifically because you did not tell us what you drive and what the problems are...
ok, I really hope this game does not come down to everyone running Narc and Tag just to pad income and XP? That's ******** and PGI needs to put a stop to that right away.

#9 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

How many matches did you play in the 4 hours... cause to only make 350k is pretty ridiculous at face value.

Unless you are losing every match and always using consumables (strike/ uav) that seems to not add up.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 24 October 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#10 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

Keep in mind kills were never important to c-bill income, Assists paid just as well as Kills and kills are only important for your stats page and for some leaderboard challenges.

Read the list of new mechanics for earning C-bills, available in the patch notes. You may have to adjust your behavior to try and collect more of these new earnings mechanicsm but it's worth it.

Thgey are still balancing the c-bill income and Rewards 2.0. Some of those games you played will have been played before they made these changes. See this announcement for more: http://mwomercs.com/...hot-fix-133451/

It's been a topsy-turvy week for everyone. If you need some more help, please don't hesitate to ask, but I suggest that you do not base your entire opinion of MWO's C-bill economy on this week's performance since it is still being adjusted.

#11 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:05 AM

View PostABalazs, on 24 October 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

First of all, I am a really new player, and not a so swift learner, but I tried to endure the initial hardship of this game, because it looked promising with all those customization options.

C-bill came slowly, because I rarely manage to kill, but I can make 5-6 assists per game. I earned 60k per game - 70-100k by per win and 25-60k per loss. Not great but enough to earn a DHS on a mech in a weekend day.

Now, with this great Rewards 2.0, even after the hotfix my income approximately halved. I played four hours today, earning 350k C-bills.

I wanted to buy a new Shadowhawk, a third one to try to elite at least one chassis, but at this income rate, I have no chance at all to finish the grind until the sale ends. So thanks for all the fish, PGI.

Would be great to get back all the real money I sank in this (not that) great game, I have a plenty of unspent MC, fun per dollar ratio seems to be pretty low here.

equip a tagger try to play more defensive, tag on emchs and keep taggign before they die, that ensures you some nice credits. Don't try to brawl like a bways if you are new. I have serveral hundet of matches in my startermechs that were bad, because lerning to be a mechwarrior isn't that easy. You need awareness, map knowledge knowing what threat which opposed mech can be, if he cna chase you or not. Thats nothing you gather in a few weeks, it needs a lot of practice.

#12 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:09 AM

View PostNauht, on 24 October 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

/scratching my head.

Maybe he had other plan's for the MC.... patterns, war horns, mech bays.....ya know, stuff like that, that makes the game even more fun for him to play, and wanted to blow more cash later if he can afford it. Their is no reason why a player with out PT activated should not be able to play for 8-16 hours based on their skill level to earn 7 million- 14 million C-bills and enough XP to at least get three mechs up to elite.... which takes around 41,000 each mech in a given chassis. Then lets not forget you need another 21,500 to bring each mech in the given chassis to master level.

If I am not mistaken, on the page they had for the event last weekend, They put in a warning stating, "please remember to take a break to get up and stretch out, eat, etc. etc......" you know the grind is pretty bad when a game is telling you to do that. :lol:

Edited by Mr Beefy, 24 October 2014 - 06:23 AM.

#13 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:10 AM

I wasn't even farming and I was getting 250k on a loss earlier. Just have to get gud (at farming).

#14 Blakkstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:11 AM

"Something changed, QQ" - everybody in every MMO

#15 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

use your MC to buy premium time, get a HERO mech, for more cbills. Lots of ways to increase your earnings.

#16 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:17 AM

How to make mad C-bills in the current economy.

Buy Illia Muramets cataphract.

Outfit with dual gauss, dual medium lasers, okish engine, lots of ammo.

Dual gauss EVERYTHING ALL DAY.

earn over 100k per match easy [more like 230k per match if you have active premium time]

#17 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:20 AM

View PostFlash Frame, on 24 October 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

How to make mad C-bills in the current economy.

Buy Illia Muramets cataphract.

Outfit with dual gauss, dual medium lasers, okish engine, lots of ammo.

Dual gauss EVERYTHING ALL DAY.

earn over 100k per match easy [more like 230k per match if you have active premium time]

I've been doing that in my Summoner Prime with 2 ERPPCs, getting mad C-bills unless the whole team gets wiped early. Not quite as punchy as dual gauss but it gets the job done. Invasion variant bonus, prem time, tiny Heavy queue, stick to the lance and kill at range.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 24 October 2014 - 06:20 AM.

#18 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:20 AM

View PostDarthPeanut, on 24 October 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

How many matches did you play in the 4 hours... cause to only make 350k is pretty ridiculous at face value.

Unless you are losing every match and always using consumables (strike/ uav) that seems to not add up.

Actually, after they patched the rewards ... 350k in 4 hours ... even spectating should be impossible.

Assumptions:
1) 6 games/hour (pretty typical if you spectate to the end)
2) 5 assists/game based on comments above (no other rewards)
3 All losses

Loss = 20k + 5 * 3500 = 37,500 / game * 24 games = 900,000 cbills

So with no other rewards, assuming all losses, he should have made close to 900k rather than 350k at a minimum. This is STILL way to low but not as bad as cited by the OP.

However, has anyone tested whether Rewards 2.0 are compatible with exiting the match early? In the old rewards system you did not get credit for assists on mechs that died after you quit (if I am recalling correctly) ... are all the new rewards properly rewarded if you exit the match early to start another one?

#19 fanatikman

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostSirius Drake, on 24 October 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

Why didn't you join a unit?

Why? Unit/Team play only allows you to get rolled over and over by the hardcore of this game. PUG play is where you can win to get the bouns c-bills and exp.

#20 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:24 AM

View PostMawai, on 24 October 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

Actually, after they patched the rewards ... 350k in 4 hours ... even spectating should be impossible.

Assumptions:
1) 6 games/hour (pretty typical if you spectate to the end)
2) 5 assists/game based on comments above (no other rewards)
3 All losses

Loss = 20k + 5 * 3500 = 37,500 / game * 24 games = 900,000 cbills

So with no other rewards, assuming all losses, he should have made close to 900k rather than 350k at a minimum. This is STILL way to low but not as bad as cited by the OP.

However, has anyone tested whether Rewards 2.0 are compatible with exiting the match early? In the old rewards system you did not get credit for assists on mechs that died after you quit (if I am recalling correctly) ... are all the new rewards properly rewarded if you exit the match early to start another one?

I am in agreement with you. As I said it seem ridiculous unless they are not playing but a couple matches an hour... losing horribly and/or blowing through consumables.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users