#341 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostSaobh, on 29 October 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

Well we could kind of guess it by posting our lowest score chassis. Here are mine :
- Firestarter : 402 (106 points)
- Jenner : 451 (86 points)
- Shadowhawk : 477 (87 points)
- Stalker : 403 (131 points)

not a low enough score to get an idea of the number of people participating but was surprised of this one :
- Stormcrow : 773 (632 points)

So it seems some chassis got a lot more love then others indeed.

I only played 2 chassis:

QKD - 36 (1381 points)
TBT - 15 (1832 points)

Jody

#342 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

Winners should have gotten their MC rewards if you hadn't checked...

#343 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

Grats to the winners!

#344 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostAliisa White, on 28 October 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

dragon does not need a buff.
just optimized quirks.
whole lot of fantastic battles and carried almost all of them.
because my TEAM played well. gave me the chance to play the dragon at its best role.
it truly cant save bad teams. not its job. but thats not the mechs fault.
assaults took damage when it was needed, gave us flankers/harrassers the chance to hit the attackers hard where it hurts them but sprintet between everything to take some shots and give the assaults some time to fall back.
should have done a video from last epic battle... almost perfection.

I think a lot of "bad" mechs fall under this description. They aren't meta and they can't carry a game, but if you play them to their strengths and have a decent team they can be awesome.

#345 Project_Mercy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 29 October 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

I think a lot of "bad" mechs fall under this description. They aren't meta and they can't carry a game, but if you play them to their strengths and have a decent team they can be awesome.

Good players can make crappy mechs perform well. But if you put those same players in really good mechs, they'd be doing a lot better. That's why they're good players.

That isn't to say it validates that mech though that someone can do well in it. This style of tournament is especially frought with issues in comparison, because the whole tournament is based on outliers. It's about being in a position that your team is bad enough that you can do well in it and they don't poach from you, but that they're good enough to not hold you back while you still win the match; and the other team is bad enough to allow that.

This is why at the end of similar systems in sports you have a final elimination step. Otherwise, just because Texas A&M beat up some Division 5 football team 119-3 doesn't mean they're the best division 1 team that year.

Edit: I'm not complaining that the weekend was a failure or anything, so dont' take this as a negative. I'm glad PGI is taking the time to provide these opportunities, even if they aren't for everyone. I just think using the results make any decisions on something is frought with pitfalls.

Edited by Wraeththix Constantine, 29 October 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#346 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostWraeththix Constantine, on 29 October 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Good players can make crappy mechs perform well. But if you put those same players in really good mechs, they'd be doing a lot better. That's why they're good players.

That isn't to say it validates that mech though that someone can do well in it. This style of tournament is especially frought with issues in comparison, because the whole tournament is based on outliers. It's about being in a position that your team is bad enough that you can do well in it and they don't poach from you, but that they're good enough to not hold you back while you still win the match; and the other team is bad enough to allow that.

This is why at the end of similar systems in sports you have a final elimination step. Otherwise, just because Texas A&M beat up some Division 5 football team 119-3 doesn't mean they're the best division 1 team that year.

Edit: I'm not complaining that the weekend was a failure or anything, so dont' take this as a negative. I'm glad PGI is taking the time to provide these opportunities, even if they aren't for everyone. I just think using the results make any decisions on something is frought with pitfalls.

I agree about the tournament. I honestly was more interested in the lower scorers in each category. I know there are a few players that are fantastic in lousy mechs and will put up a high score, but there are few that can. So the top score is meaningless to balance.

My point was just that a lot of mechs get written off as bad, because they don't do what people want them to. They can shine in the right conditions though. :)

#347 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

well my kintaro was 143 at 147 points and my highlander was 211 at 94 points

#348 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

It would have been better if PGI had found a way to make arty and air strikes not count towards your score.

#349 Arctur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:07 AM

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Some free stats..

#350 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:23 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 29 October 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

It would have been better if PGI had found a way to make arty and air strikes not count towards your score.
I agree. I know some people refuse to use them and I definitely feel pushed/forced to use them in order to be competitive in Score Farming Online. If you're not bringing one, you're gimping yourself, and that's a slight problem...

BUT... I see where PGI is going with this. Think of how many C-Bills (and maybe MC) are dropped on tournament weekends when everybody is popping their strikes every game. It's kinda good for them, actually.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users