#21 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostDocBach, on 24 October 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

I love the Vindicator boards -- you could probably top them mastering them out how few people are playing them.

I don't have enough c-bills on me to upgrade my vindicators to endo and dubs, I think.

#22 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

Victor is T4/T5 currenty. The list that Russ posted was after they remove the nerfs, which hasn't happened yet.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

I thought about going with the Trebuchet meta... but... the quirks aren't even in yet for that. Gotta go with something more "reliable".

#24 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

what interests me most is not the top scores...but the bottom ones.

These scores are the total of your top 10 matches correct?

i mean...the bottom score for the Vindiactor is at 142

so, victory, 330 damage, 3 kills, 4 assists
(1victoryx20)+((330damage-(assuming no team damage))/15) + (3 killsx20) +(4 assistsx10)
20+22+60+40

one decent match gets you a top 15 spot right now, lol.

unless i math failed or missed something :ph34r:

also of note: highest score is the battlemaster....with a pretty wide gap top to bottom (2014 down to 573)
clan mechs are more even top to bottom than IS chassis, and the less popular mechs have a wider gap between as well. nothing special in these thoughts...just interesting

EDIT: also...yes i know these will all equallize as this goes on, but its cool to see widely varied numbers

Edited by KamikazeRat, 24 October 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#25 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:46 PM

I would give up my place to be able to fininsh a match right now. Maybe I should just call it a night.

#26 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,804 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostLancer Deistler, on 24 October 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

That looks like German woodland camo, goes along with your name quite well :)

View Postlockwoodx, on 24 October 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

I've had several matches with Boguslaj the top Timberwolf today and his strat is always hide in the back while his team dies, then come out fresh near the end to clean up 4-5 badly damaged mechs for easy KBs.

Seems legit...

#27 blood4blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 527 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:49 PM

With all the disconnects I've only managed to launch two matches (disco'd within first minute before engaging, tried and repeatedly failed rejoin) and finish one. I opted in, but I can't see much point trying when I'm only getting one game in an hour of trying to re-connect and failing to launch due to server errors.

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:50 PM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 24 October 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

(1victoryx20)+((330damage-(assuming no team damage))/15) + (3 killsx20) +(4 assistsx10)
20+22+60+40

also of note: highest score is the battlemaster....with a pretty wide gap top to bottom (2014 down to 573)
clan mechs are more even top to bottom than IS chassis, and the less popular mechs have a wider gap between as well. nothing special in these thoughts...just interesting

Might have a bit to do with over 51% Mediums atm in queue...makes getting in with ANY MEdium a chore

#29 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 October 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

I would give up my place to be able to fininsh a match right now. Maybe I should just call it a night.

yeah i'm pretty much giving up for today too. had a few decent matches and got to 3rd in kintaros atm but still had some so-so ones i wanted to erase from counting towards the scoring. maybe i can get a couple matches in tomorrow.

#30 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

20+22+60+40

patience, people haven't even done 10 games. probably that vindicator onwer played one or two games only. wait until sunday mornign then you ahve a better reference.

I coudl again hardcore in the timber for soem c-bills, but meh, I see how far I get ym nova. ^^. But yet servers don't want us to play so later maybe.

Edited by Lily from animove, 24 October 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#31 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 24 October 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

patience, people haven't even done 10 games. probably that vindicator onwer played one or two games only. wait until sunday mornign then you ahve a better reference.

ah, you beat me to my edit...yeah, i know all that....numbers and trends within them is something my brain likes to do....this is a interesting snapshot in time that does say alot about what is going on behind the board as it were.

ANOTHER EDIT: interesting thought would be to run this same event, post quirk pass, and see how the number change....again...my numbersbrain is weird like that.

Edited by KamikazeRat, 24 October 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#32 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 October 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

I was in 13th place before the server said, "NOSOUPFORYOU!"
Atlas-S

I hate you for not running ECM! :P Lost a lot of terrible matches today due to lack of ecm and lrm spam.

#33 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:54 PM

20+22+60+40

EDIT: also...yes i know these will all equallize as this goes on, but its cool to see widely varied numbers

Some mechs, like the vindicator, are truly terrible. There's a reason you never see them during normal play.

#34 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:59 PM

also my god the timidity in match. People are playing like little mice today!

#35 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:01 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 24 October 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

I don't have enough c-bills on me to upgrade my vindicators to endo and dubs, I think.

Use premium time!

#36 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:04 PM

The underlying problem with the tournaments has always been that PGI uses a ******** score formulae that encourages killing blows rather than a combination of damage done/components destroyed/etc that also factors into account things like spotting assists, tag, narc, etc.

Therefore the best way to get a high tournament score is to bring as large an alpha as you can, fire once to mark a target for the assist, then hang around and wait for your teammates to destroy the target's CT armor for you then alpha to try and get the killing shot. Of course this is very counter productive to teamplay, but people who want to win the tournament dont care that they are getting their teammates killed.

I have already seen countless situations in which teammates will rush forward to hug an enemy mech to prevent anyone else from firing on it so that he can claim the kill shot and some rather suspicious players that never seem to fire till their teammates have conveniently reduced the target to a low health for them.

Even basing the tournament score off your top 10 match scores would be far better than the current joke that encourages kill stealing and sabotaging your team.

#37 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:06 PM

Making Steiner proud.

And I'm thinking I'll do this in my Tbolt. Probably won't place, but it's still a fun mech that you don't see too often.

#38 Dragomir Zelenka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:09 PM

Not sure it's quite that bad, but I've only run a few Raven matches 3, maybe 4) and I'm at number 14. So yeah, the lower leaderboard is pretty meaningless right now.

#39 Squally160

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

Everytime a leaderboard like this comes up, I just wish it was a year-round thing D:

Even w/ names redacted to sooth the hurt bootays. But man, I just wont have a lot of playtime this weekend to really get in good games.

SADFACE.
but still, awesome setup, and interestign to see how things average out.

#40 Kirkland Langue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

I suspect that at the end of this event, I'll either be pleasantly surprised at "balance" in the game - or I'll be disappointed in a community who fights so hard to ensure that light mechs are no less deadly than assaults.

In the real world, if light mechs were shown to be just as deadly as assaults - nobody would ever develop assaults. Ever. I fully expect that the game will demonstrate just how "we're all equal so I should be able to kill everything just as easily as a direwolf" our society is.

I don't blame PGI for this expected result - I blame basically the forum goers who love running around in 150kph killing machines.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users