Selling The Reward Or Unique Mechs

7 replies to this topic

#1 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:48 PM

hi to the team, recently we got a very generous gift for those who supported MWO which is a great game, as generous the gift was, it not suit all play styles of every player or fit the inventory of every player.

On my side i got the CN9-AH Centurion for the one year milestone of MWO, I did all i could to like it but i just cant, every setup (well almost) but knowing the YLW or the regular CN9-A is already superior. I sunk C-Bills, XP and GXP and still the 30% cash bonus just wont make up for it as i do already far better in other mediums of even other weight class in regular mechs.Now thing is i cant sell it, stuck taking virtual dust.

Already the game is lots of grinding and 15% - 30% XP or C-Bills is like 2-3 games more which even for a very bad player as myself doesnt do a difference, feels like a tax return or not giving tip at the restaurant.

Would it be possible to have the option to sell those unique mechs, a artistic paint job doesnt get to go faster or shoot harder.

Any other player feel the same ?

Thanks guys to Care of us BTW

#2 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:28 PM

Actually, I've always kept the rewards I got as a bonus for doing things. Even the rather lackluster Thunderbolt. It's not like it cost you a bay, since they gave you one with it, quineg? Plus, I really like the art, viability of the mech notwithstanding. On the other hand, I drive a Locust primarily, so the viability of the mech isn't precisely the first quality I look for when selecting one.

Furthermore, with all that said, I probably won't even drive mine until the medium queue thins out a little bit. 60% mediums is kind of crazy-time.

#3 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:24 AM

Thanks Tim for the reply,
I do understand the point of having a kind of trophy. The art might please you, for me I perfer a nice Elvgren on the wall is better than having a tuner mech paint job. I wish to add that not that we really did anything to get it, we just opened our wallets. Yeah didnt cost a mech bay, I like it so much id sell the mech bay too.

Mech Bays, GXP and a big bunch of C-Bills thats a real incentive.

Way back i was playing a game called Motor City Online, the online racing game that had a system a bit like champion mechs and hero mechs, was in the form of special paint jobs or chop tops which i didnt have as they are not as the original design.

In my small mech collection i only got original versions of the mechs and now im stuck with an Hot rodders, chop top, tuner paint Centurion that i dont even like the hard points.

FOR SALE Centurion CN9-AH

Fully upgraded, DHS, Ferro Armor, Endo Structure and Parade Paint Job
basic Actuators been done by GXP Mech Shop and is certified
225 STD Fusion reactor including 2 external DHS
sold with loadout and Mech Bay

20 000 000 Cbills

Edited by TheLuc, 25 October 2014 - 01:58 AM.

#4 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:14 AM

then if im so not right would you buy mine then

Edited by TheLuc, 25 October 2014 - 05:14 AM.

#5 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:29 AM

You really don't like the Ah? I'm surprised. :o See, that's my surprised face. What loadouts have you tried? What do you normally run?

#6 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

on the centurion CN9-A i was running 225 STD , DHS, ferro, endo, 1 lbx-10 AC, 2 med las and 2 lrm 5 plus AMS.

on the AH i did try to emulate same to no good results, after i did other setups which i dont remember exactly how much. i remember the 3 srm6 with 3 MG, ac10, lbx10 with a mix of srm, lrm also with just one or the other. I did Stock too for a bit ( rate of fire for the AC20 way too slow for a medium with Ballistic slots in a fragile arm ) Thing is at close range, missing the 2 med lasers chop off 10dmg and to get same its two srm6 which are heavier take more space and are ammo dependent, sacrifice made to make it fit, one DHS and no LRM.

Sneeking,Id like to also point out that a ballistic only Mech is not really a suitable for the DCMS.

for many its a blessing for others its a curse.

Edited by TheLuc, 26 October 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#7 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:38 PM

Ah is a great mech but may not suit all styles. Its not a big deal to leave it there although id like to be able to reorder my mechs

#8 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:09 AM

it may be not a big deal for you but for some it is, the return of the AH Centurion was ask by many vets of the game, even if i played quite a bit even on the beta i dont consider myself as a vet. I still play with the AH but it feels like a chore and time, Cbill GXP and XP i put to get to like but it didnt do the difference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users