Third Party/ Crowd Funded Servers?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Zamiake

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:59 PM

Im tired of having issues with pgi's servers not actually being viable when i want to play when the dam web site here is registering "ONLINE" when its only only long enough to Log in, Match Make, then boot your ass out of the server.

I mean freaking seriously? Reset a server or your modem or something my god. That server isnt really up its down and it needs to be fixed. If that kinda crap is happening you need to get on it.

We need decent servers going on man seriously. Whats the point of me considering the new pack you guys are wanting to have out by chrismas if RIGHT NOW im having doubts of if i can even play it when thats out.

I like this game alot but i honestly think we need to have a something to provide more stablility and consistancy. Having more servers i think can help with this. Honestly it would be easy Pgi needs a patreon that is dedicated to special funding that is stable to pursuit these kind of small issues and then bring it to the team and get it done. You guys need some one to go after these issues.

We need this seriously. Ive bought both the largest packs of clans and had i known about this game before i would have got all the largest packs before them. However PGI you're making this a love hate relationship. I had an extremely early day at work and i just wanted to sit down after a long day and play this game that ive spent nearly 400$ 500$ on now? And i ******* cant because the server isnt stable enough to get a match pasted the mech boot up. Im on comstar now and people are telling me the server has been unstable most of the day.

I used to play with a small clan for a short while. However the entire clan decided to throw this game to the bin. They've moved on to ESO after being around since closed beta. They were an amazing clan with an amazing commander. We rarely lost aside from going against other clans. The thing that tipped them over the edge was the "community warfare". They were completely disappointed by it. It would be unfair to judge you solely based on that since i havent been here long and its only phase 1, but my patience is wearing thin already.

I honestly wish for this game to succeed guys. To make that happen I need to see some serious push to get things done. Else im considering moving on with my wallet. Im sure i'll be here to play every now and again. But seriously you need an extra boost beyond all these dam packs of mechs. I need more content not more mechs. Heres an idea instead of mech packs why not a map pack? if thats the primary focus of an entire pack why would it take centurys like mining collective?

Edited by Zamiake, 24 October 2014 - 02:02 PM.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

You realize that every server and every data center has some troubles sometimes?

Putting the game on other servers will solve nothing in such cases. And apparently this is one of those cases.

Of course you could rent a backup data center, that will take over as soon as the first one shows signs of problems. But this also costs at least twice as much (probably more) and even with such a solution there can be problems that are not caught by the safeties.

Let it rest and deal with the fact, that sometimes there are problems in the IT world and that the user has to suffer through them.

Edited by Egomane, 24 October 2014 - 02:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users