5 replies to this topic

#1 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:37 AM

I am not sure if this is the right place to post since it doesn't have much to do with MWO, but I don't know where else to go.

Ok... So everything started when I decided to clean up my PC. After I was done I started my PC as usuall, but I noticed one thing- the BIOS startup screen didn't show up, the screen was black instead.Then my monitor turned on at the windows startup screen( where it says "Welcome").Everything else seemed normal. But I also noticed that my PC had a worse performance since then, so I decided to reinstall my windows.But as I mentioned earlier the BIOS screen doesn't show up( It's done in the background, it's just my monitor not showing it) instead it goes straight to the windows startup screen and that means that I can't reinstall my windows. Does anyone knows how to fix this?

P.S Sorry for bad english,

My specs:

Processor: Intel® Pentium® CPU G620 2.60GHz ( It's dual core)
4 GB of RAM
Video card: GT520
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 181T
Motherboard: ASUS PH8H61-M LX2

#2 Pet Dude

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUS West

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

You need to check the manufacturers website of your mother board. There might be a bios update or you might need to reinstall the bios. When you restart your computer if you hit the Delete key it should go into the bios. Then you can check and see if theres an option that turns off the bios visuals when you start up.

#3 poohead

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

You could try a couple of things...

Re-seat your graphics card in a different slot... Oh no wait I just checked your board you only have 1 PCIe2x16 slot! Try removing the card and putting back in anyway, it might help. It looks like your card is not initialising properly.

If your performance is worse it may be defaulting to your intel HD graphics instead (check in Device Manager in windows if it sees your GT520 card if you ever get into windows successfully).

Try to reset your BIOS (you may have to remove the battery from the board for 30 seconds to do this). You may have to change some settings in the BIOS afterwards to make sure everything is working properly.

If your card never shows in windows there may be a problem with it. But you could probably do with an upgrade anyway!

Edited by poohead, 25 October 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#4 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

You can probably get a reboot to bios tool from the motherboard manufacturer.

Or you could try resetting the bios by removing the battery and doing the jumper.

or, euhm, pull the cable from the harddrive? let's see it try and start windows then! :P

#5 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:23 AM

Is you monitor still plugged into the graphics card, or did you move it to the motherboard patch?

#6 GonaDie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:39 AM

Ok, I fixed it. It seems that removing the battery did the trick. Thanks everybody!

GonaDie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users