Centurion Right Arm Design

4 replies to this topic

#1 TouchySubject

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

I noticed that the Centurion right arm design changed.
It became more modular and clan-ish style looking.
Although I understand that the new design is easier to maintain it made me somehow sad.
The old design was more ... brutal, raw, more Inner Sphere like. The gun really looked like
how I imagine an AC/20. The new barrel looks like an AC/5 at best, and very clean, elegant -
well clanish.

So, my request is, in case there is enough design team man power available, maybe you could
give the Centurion right arm another look and probably revert to something like the old design?
Or at least make the "AC/20" barrel bigger?

---

Edit:
- Searched for "Centurion" in the forums - didn't see anything.
- Opened this new thread.
- Went back to the thread overview and saw a ton more threads about the same issue.
Murphy's law thread blindness - sorry for the noise.

Edited by Pikestuffer, 25 October 2014 - 04:54 PM.

#2 W00DSTER

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

the original centurion look was way better i also thought it looked more clan like should call it the centurion IIc now

#3 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

I could live with the new arm design if my YLW could at least have back it's arm cannon. The AC/20 build just doesn't look the same without it.

#4 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:04 PM

yea, it's just not as phalli.. i mean as impressive as it's meant to be

hold on to your pants, fixes incoming soon™

#5 axeman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

Even with a size upgrade, either of the AC10s or gauss rifle is only going to take up a plug (so half) of the new box arm.
I'll wait till the rescale but still, it's gone from an 'imposing cannon prone to making pilots overconfident' as per the 3025 TRO to the situation now, where the Centurions are so embarrassed they won't take it out to fire unless they're in the cubicles.

Also as far as I know if the Yen or the AH are packing an AC20 they won't have crits for anything else so why save any space. I'd hate to see the AC10s made smaller so the AC20 looks appropriate by comparrison and still only takes up half the box.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users