Free Player Sustainability

7 replies to this topic

#1 Popper100

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

So I've got a question to those players who either won't pay or can't pay for content in this game. How are you fairing? Do you feel your time in this game is well spent or that you are satisfied with the limits imposed on you? What keeps you here as a free player? And for those who are either free players who left or those who are thinking about trying the game, what would you like in the game to make you consider playing for an extended time despite not spending money?

#2 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

View PostPopper100, on 25 October 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

... What keeps you here as a free player? ...

The guys I play with. And spite.

That´s it.

#3 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:56 PM

What keeps you here as a free player?

Battletech.

#4 NKAc Street

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 261 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:20 PM

I am fairing well, I solo drop, get kills and love watching those who solo drop who normally premade gloat about their prowess against new players. because theyz awesums.. it says free to play, if this game goes away I go on with life, big fricking deal

#5 Tezcatli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:58 PM

It's the best mech game we have at the moment. I'm not delusional. I don't expect it to suddenly become a planetside 2 scale game. I like the game play of this game better then PS2 anyway. Even if it is wonky at times.

I dunno. I can come back and leave the game whenever I want and for the most part I'm not much worse off. Only the modules are kinda lame. I would have to make dedicated grind to get the Radar Dep mod which is apparently mandatory.

I love mechs. As long as they don't completely destroy the mech feel. I'll keep enjoying the game. Though I might have to spend more money and get into a merc group.

Edited by Tezcatli, 25 October 2014 - 10:00 PM.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:44 AM

So I've got a question to those players who either won't pay or can't pay for content in this game. How are you fairing? Do you feel your time in this game is well spent or that you are satisfied with the limits imposed on you? What keeps you here as a free player? And for those who are either free players who left or those who are thinking about trying the game, what would you like in the game to make you consider playing for an extended time despite not spending money?

Only reason I am playing is because Grasshopper won the Heavy mech poll. <_<

That, and the current tournament.

No CW, no money from me.

Edited by El Bandito, 26 October 2014 - 06:45 AM.

#7 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

Quite well, actually in every sense of the word.

So I've got a question to those players who either won't pay or can't pay for content in this game. How are you fairing?

Yes, and I don't feel the limits in this game as much as I do in other games (if at all).

Do you feel your time in this game is well spent or that you are satisfied with the limits imposed on you?

The challenges that are offered which gives freeloaders like myself a chance at getting what only money can buy. That, and the community here is rather awesome. Also it's been almost a decade since I last played Mechwarrior 3 online so it's been great ever since I was introduced to/found this site to play a variation of Mechwarrior again.

What keeps you here as a free player?

I never left this site but I would like a few more Targeting features added that were available back in Mechwarrior 3:

Target Nearest Enemy
and
Cycle through available enemy targets (and no.. the current cycle through enemy targets doesn't function the same way in this game as it does in Mechwarrior 3 where in this game if you hit the Target button it only cycles through the targets that are closest to your reticule regardless if the target is directly infront of you or over 1,000M behind you)

And for those who are either free players who left or those who are thinking about trying the game, what would you like in the game to make you consider playing for an extended time despite not spending money?

#8 NinjaTom

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:14 AM

So far I love it haven't had any other mech games in while and this has been sating my mech thirst pretty well, I've been playing for quite a while and have just started to step out of my hunchback safe zone and got myself a tri-set of locusts to master and you know what, I love this little mech its fast and the thrill of it is fun as hell, that any moment you could be killed feeling( and trust me I've been killed quite a fair few times but it's still enjoyable) and getting 4 kills and survive the round while being the last man standing on your team, that sense of how badass moments get me so excited.

but the scary part I see as being a free player is the mech bays and c-bills, getting c-bills isn't hard it's spending it that's hard to do making sure that that's the mech you want.

But I do want to support PGI just waiting for more of my choice of mechs to come until then my new Locusts will keep me busy :)

Edited by NinjaTom, 26 October 2014 - 08:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users