18 replies to this topic

#1 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:48 PM

Same old story, people being vultures, blocking shots, yada yada for the kill. The WRONG set of skills are being emphasized for the win.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:49 PM

I asked Russ and he said things will be changing for the next one, using the new system.

https://twitter.com/...153509297995777

#3 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

I very much enjoy that the top 10 for each chassis gets MC - more winners is more fun for everyone.

Just scoring a bit different would be good; a balance between damage, kills and wins, along with match score.

#4 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

Charge MC for team damage. That'll learn 'em. Kinda like Chris Rock's $5,000 bullet control.

#5 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:20 PM

Not a fan of the no win no points 15 matches 5 wins and I did my best on the other 10. If its going to be a pug match don't make it win only.

#6 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 October 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

I asked Russ and he said things will be changing for the next one, using the new system.

Thank god. I've been losing kills to kill stealers all weekend. I do the most damage in the match with a kitfox, only to get 12 assists. Kill Stealer Online.

#7 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:52 PM

I would like to see kills knocked down to something like 15 points. But beyond that I beg PGI to NEVER implement this stinking "victory" only rule. It's so frustrating to do great and get 0 points. Evidently they are already working on changes so I suppose I'm just rambling.

#8 KrazedOmega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostLotharian, on 25 October 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

Not a fan of the no win no points 15 matches 5 wins and I did my best on the other 10. If its going to be a pug match don't make it win only.

This^^

With a personal challenge winning shouldn't matter. It's about individual skill in a specific mech, not about the performance of your eleven other team members.

#9 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:39 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 October 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

I don't like the current system, but basing it off "role warfare" actually worries me a bit since a lot of the community (and PGI) seems to get the impression that teamwork and role warfare should translate to ECM+TAG+NARC+LRMs (which ignore the actual teamwork required to do well in the game, and revolves games around the least interesting weapon system of the game).

#10 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:52 AM

I woudl say make a kill 20 pts an assist 10 points, but give +5 points per assist that is of the category "solo kill" so when you did the most damage, you don't get the whole 10 points stolen by a lucky guy coming by.

#11 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:00 AM

View PostKrazedOmega, on 25 October 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

With a personal challenge winning shouldn't matter. It's about individual skill in a specific mech, not about the performance of your eleven other team members.

View PostSorbic, on 25 October 2014 - 10:52 PM, said:

I would like to see kills knocked down to something like 15 points. But beyond that I beg PGI to NEVER implement this stinking "victory" only rule. It's so frustrating to do great and get 0 points. Evidently they are already working on changes so I suppose I'm just rambling.

I disagree with all those people against the No Win = No Points policy. I think this policy is necessary to promote teamwork. Isn't anybody trying harder to get their team to work together so that your hard earned points actually count for something? If you could get the same points on a loss, then teamwork would drop off the board entirely.

#12 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:14 AM

Nothing more frustrating than Dakkaing down the enemy CT to red internals 1v1, and then some Hunchback pilot (you know who you are, you sick SOB) cuts in front of me, blocking my view and forcing me to cease fire, then finishing off the enemy with miniscule damage.

Edited by El Bandito, 26 October 2014 - 02:17 AM.

#13 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:19 AM

Just base the next tourney off the new rewards and role warfare. We're still using the old rules which I feel are outdated. It's alright because it's by chassis so you can't really complain but again it's not in line with the new rewards.

#14 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:30 AM

Having 'Victory' being a factor is a mistake in a tournament that forces solo drops.

I've had multiple 5 kill / 6 assists 700+ damage games that my team managed to lose. I shouldn't be punished for something I have no control over.

#15 KrazedOmega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:10 AM

View PostTarogato, on 26 October 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:

I disagree with all those people against the No Win = No Points policy. I think this policy is necessary to promote teamwork. Isn't anybody trying harder to get their team to work together so that your hard earned points actually count for something? If you could get the same points on a loss, then teamwork would drop off the board entirely.

I play the same way whether it's normal play or a challenge. I assume other people do mostly the same. However, the people who ignore team work and go out of their way to get points are going to do it regardless of a win or loss requirement.

#16 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

Then maybe next event/challenge should be based on XP.

#17 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 26 October 2014 - 12:39 AM, said:

I don't like the current system, but basing it off "role warfare" actually worries me a bit since a lot of the community (and PGI) seems to get the impression that teamwork and role warfare should translate to ECM+TAG+NARC+LRMs (which ignore the actual teamwork required to do well in the game, and revolves games around the least interesting weapon system of the game).

I mostly agree with that; I imagine it will still be damage, kill and assist based, but like the OP suggests, an assist worth 10 can be stacked with most damage to target for another 10, to equal a kill.

Though, perhaps match score based (since that is also changing in a coming patch). We'll find out with the next tourney, since this is the last one with this scoring method.

Edited by Mcgral18, 26 October 2014 - 07:16 AM.

#18 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:34 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 October 2014 - 02:14 AM, said:

Nothing more frustrating than Dakkaing down the enemy CT to red internals 1v1, and then some Hunchback pilot (you know who you are, you sick SOB) cuts in front of me, blocking my view and forcing me to cease fire, then finishing off the enemy with miniscule damage.

I wouldn't of let up and riddled his back with UAC fire.

#19 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostTarogato, on 26 October 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:

Except that losses generally net you less opportunity for points. Plus you're losing out on the 20 extra points which is a decent bit. Basically there is already enough incentive for folks to try and win. If anything this loss thing could just make folks give up when they see there team is losing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users