Wow Really Liking The New C-Bill System.

35 replies to this topic

#1 Poopy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:21 PM

I just scored Over 200K in C Bills in my Raven 3L using TAG And NARC. 200K without Prem account.

Before the new system I would of never considered using NARC or TAG.

#2 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:24 PM

View PostPoopy Joe, on 25 October 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

I just scored Over 200K in C Bills in my Raven 3L using TAG And NARC. 200K without Prem account.

Before the new system I would of never considered using NARC or TAG.

Teamwork is overpowered... and they Buffed it! What a bunch of sillynoggins.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 25 October 2014 - 10:24 PM.

#3 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

And yet in another thread people are complaining of low earnings.

Just who is to be believed. :unsure:

#4 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

Its better. And i really like the fact that ECM capable mechs are protecting 'dead' lances like B4 on Crimson or Atlas, Whales with no ECM no temporary cover them.

Also with (certain) tonnage put together i find it lances are working together. Far more rewarding.

Problem is that whole team working together is still piss. There is still deaballing going around.

#5 KrazedOmega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:31 PM

View PostMystere, on 25 October 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Great. Specific rewards they added for other roles of play are being rewarded. Meanwhile trying to play the same style of game I've been playing since closed beta are rewarding me with half of what I was getting before.

Forcing specific styles of play just to get rewards equal to the previous reward payouts isn't a fix, it's a step backwards. They should have added to the previous system, not change it entirely.

#6 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:54 PM

View PostKrazedOmega, on 25 October 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

Great. Specific rewards they added for other roles of play are being rewarded. Meanwhile trying to play the same style of game I've been playing since closed beta are rewarding me with half of what I was getting before.

Forcing specific styles of play just to get rewards equal to the previous reward payouts isn't a fix, it's a step backwards. They should have added to the previous system, not change it entirely.

Considered mayhaps that "style" isn't conducive towards teamwork? In any case, there's more rewards to be added to reward other styles of play, I wouldn't see this as end-game for the rewards.

Forcing certain styles of play for rewards = Role Warfare.

#7 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:58 PM

I'd rather see an actual point to playing those roles than just making it the defacto way to get cbills.

Now it's just slap tag and slash or narc on your mech, no matter what it's actual /role/ is, and farm cash off of the ten billion LRM boats running around now. Fantastic.

They should have added to the previous system.

#8 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:03 AM

View PostWalluh, on 25 October 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

I'd rather see an actual point to playing those roles than just making it the defacto way to get cbills.

Now it's just slap tag and slash or narc on your mech, no matter what it's actual /role/ is, and farm cash off of the ten billion LRM boats running around now. Fantastic.

They should have added to the previous system.

Actully having narc/tag shoved on ontop of what you already have has always been a way to earn a extra 20-50k cbills, its the reason i used to be able to make half a mill cbills under the old system.... people just only clicked onto it with the new system as they were suddenly desperate to make more cbills.

I actully make slightly less in most games then i used to narcing from my lrmboat.

#9 DYSEQTA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:05 AM

View PostMystere, on 25 October 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

People who sucked under the old system suck more under the new as it rewards sucking less. Those who were fine under the old system are better under the new as the new system better rewards good game play.

#10 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:22 AM

Yawn.....

'cause haters gonna hate. Always.

...yawn

#11 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:47 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 26 October 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

Yawn.....

'cause haters gonna hate. Always.

...yawn

Something off-topic i wanted to ask you: do you have your whole family playing? I see alots of Kerensky's, ha.

#12 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:57 AM

Since the direct fire bug was fixed, it is harder to make the massive amounts that we had for the first 24 hours, but the increases to assists helped a lot. My earnings are lower than they used to be with my fighting kitfox, but higher in my dedicated information warfare raven.

I think assists may need to be raised slightly higher for fighting builds.

LRM boats with tag however are having a field day. It is so easy to build up cash tagging targets and LRMing them to death in my Stormcrow. TAG kills and damage all on your own is just icing on the cake. I can easily make 350k on a good win with premium time and no hero. I wish I had a prime variant for it, because it would basically print c-bills. 500k matches would not be overly difficult.

Edited by Greenjulius, 26 October 2014 - 12:59 AM.

#13 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:12 AM

View PostDYSEQTA, on 26 October 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

People who sucked under the old system suck more under the new as it rewards sucking less. Those who were fine under the old system are better under the new as the new system better rewards good game play.

Sticking a tag on a DWF and tagging a mech as you unload UAC5s into it just to farm cbills is real good gameplay lol.

#14 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:29 AM

View PostSarlic, on 26 October 2014 - 12:47 AM, said:

Something off-topic i wanted to ask you: do you have your whole family playing? I see alots of Kerensky's, ha.

A big family indeed!

When I meet a Kerensky in a match, I'm temped to salute him with "Hi cousin! How are you!" or "Hi dear, how is going our uncle" or "Hey, where did you go last Christmas? We haven't meet you since..." or "Hey! did you started to eat too much last year? watch out or you cannot enter the cockpit! uauauau"....

#15 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:32 AM

View PostSarlic, on 26 October 2014 - 12:47 AM, said:

really hope thats a joke..... :huh:

View PostGhogiel, on 26 October 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

Sticking a tag on a DWF and tagging a mech as you unload UAC5s into it just to farm cbills is real good gameplay lol.

i think a good way to solve THAT would be to assign tag/narc/spotting bonuses only to lights....maybe mediums....

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:43 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 26 October 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

Yes cause using a Laser pointer with ballistic weapons never happens. PGI Please I am losing money hand over fist. Why... I only made 164k C-Bills in a brawler Atlas-S with no fancy TAG/Narc added. And after that I even earned a pathetic 101k C-Bills. How am I ever going to buy anything making 530,000 C-Bills an Hour. Oh the humanity! Oh the shame!

#17 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:52 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 26 October 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

Yes cause using a Laser pointer with ballistic weapons never happens. PGI Please I am losing money hand over fist. Why... I only made 164k C-Bills in a brawler Atlas-S with no fancy TAG/Narc added. And after that I even earned a pathetic 101k C-Bills. How am I ever going to buy anything making 530,000 C-Bills an Hour. Oh the humanity! Oh the shame!

INCOMING SARCASM DETECTED

*SHUT UP BETTY*

Edited by KamikazeRat, 26 October 2014 - 01:52 AM.

#18 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:55 AM

I would think that using TAG would only help when Missiles are used... Is that not the case?

#19 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:56 AM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 26 October 2014 - 01:32 AM, said:

really hope thats a joke..... :huh:

i think a good way to solve THAT would be to assign tag/narc/spotting bonuses only to lights....maybe mediums....

I was hoping nobody noticed it!

#20 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:00 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 26 October 2014 - 01:29 AM, said:

A big family indeed!

When I meet a Kerensky in a match, I'm temped to salute him with "Hi cousin! How are you!" or "Hi dear, how is going our uncle" or "Hey, where did you go last Christmas? We haven't meet you since..." or "Hey! did you started to eat too much last year? watch out or you cannot enter the cockpit! uauauau"....

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users