78 replies to this topic

#21 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNew Gotham City, Irurzun

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:15 PM

Why are FRR and Kurita fighting? We helped them gain their independence...from us, true, but those in power on both sides have a truce and it would be foolish to break this truce.

#22 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:27 PM

Ironically, most of the FRR players who argue for attacking Kurita are the same ones supporting occupation by Clan Ghost Bear.
Then again, maybe that is not irony but simply them showing their true colors. :P

As for CW, I'd hope that the developer does not aim for a galactic "free for all" where everyone fights everyone (though it could be partially justified by setting up a plot about renegades or misdirection) and focuses on IS vs Clans, or alternatively at least groups the factions into their respective alliances. As little sense as it would make for Rasalhague and Kurita fighting, it'd be even sillier when we have Davion vs Steiner, considering they are belonging to the same union.

Perhaps you could have the two superfactions of the Federated Commonwealth versus the Kapteyn Accord? Ideally, this should make for a fairly balanced player population, too.
We'll just have to wait and see.

#23 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

We might not actually be fighting the FRR, they haven't actually stated officially that DCMS will be fighting FRR. But they did state there would be conflicts along each border, and it is a border so I just assumed (for now) that since we border the FRR, the system will apply.

They may not go with that and might stick more to lore based foes. If you just fight everyone you have a border with, which is kinda how it sounds (but doesn't mean that how it is) Steiner will be facing: Us, Liao, Marik and Davion. While Liao would only face Marik and Stiener (unless they conquered there way into another border).

#24 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

Where should the War Council be located? So; we can start doing this A.S.A.P. Get acquainted, guest ranks setup. Security tightened etc. As far as I am concerned; War Council Teamspeak server room comes first and then we can get security and strategy discussion system.

Also, in a perfect world Group vote with Representation Numbers sounds great and perfect. But, Community Warfare will have planets open for attacks during peak hours Everyday. It's not an option to do a voting system with 100+ people who get on at different times. It will just have to be the Commanders who show up in the War Council.
This sounds extremely selfish, but it's realistic. You're not going to take 2+ hours to talk to your whole regiment on how you feel about said planet. The Decision making process will have to be accurate and fast. If it's going to be effective

#25 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:35 AM

View PostTimuroslav, on 01 November 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

Where should the War Council be located?
Ideally, the House Kurita website?

A forum might be a better way to Teamspeak simply because of time zone differences. It could be complicated (or impossible) for some players to regularly make it to meetings when they happen for what could be 0500 for them etc. The decision-making process itself would be slower, but ultimately you would have more units participate, and thus greater coordination.

Or perhaps there could be both? Forum discussions for a general strategy, and Teamspeak meetings for emergency action. Once the map goes live, we'll see immediately what fronts we have and what planets are at risk of enemy attack and vulnerable to raids from our own forces. The forum could then be used to agree on a general strategy, such as against which faction we focus our strikes, whether we should be more aggressive or defensive, or what kind of planets should be prioritised (depending on their lore status or industrial assets). And the TS meetings will then be about deciding immediate action, as per the previously agreed-upon priorities on the forums and in reaction to the ever-changing strategic situation on the map.

A question would be how to pass on this strategy to units below full company size or individual samurai, who may not have votes themselves but still wish to participate in the great strategy. One way to achieve this would be to publish the results of TS meetings in the form of "tactical orders" in a stickied House Kurita forum thread, where players with a proven allegiance to the faction may read them. Alternatively, they'll have to pick one of the greater units (preferably from their own timezone) as their "patron" and receive orders from them. The latter may engender more inter-unit cooperation as they might even end up dropping together, but at the same time it could evoke negative feelings of "being ordered around by another guild".

View PostTimuroslav, on 01 November 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

It's not an option to do a voting system with 100+ people who get on at different times. It will just have to be the Commanders who show up in the War Council.
Exactly - see my suggestion on the previous page. :)

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 02 November 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#26 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:32 AM

There is another not-as-yet-mentioned reason for a DCMS High Command, but it's also controversial. Medals and awards for mechwarriors who shine in the territory control wars against Davion, Steiner, and the Clans. And even more controversial would be how do you get the FRR guys to say "ok, this guy has come through for us in a big way and deserves the White Starburst of Rasalhague" since it's still awarded but only by the FRR now.

#27 Storyteller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

I agree with Lord Ikka, as long as we don't know much about the mechanics of the CW, all planning is in vain.

When we know more, I am ready to joine a meeting.

#28 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:06 AM

Hello,

La Confrérie Black Dragons will respond to the call of the Dragon. Although we are a small unit, we'll try to help as much as we can.

#29 MastaChang10

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

I think an initial meeting should take place on one of our TS servers. Forums are great to keep communications going, but setting this up will require a meeting. I say we set a time in the near future (after more CW info comes out) and have a rep from each unit (ideally unit leaders) attend the meeting. Next step is to have everyone pick a server and a date if this is the path we want to take.

I would hold off on a meeting for the moment however. It is going to require a lot of coordination to make happen and would probably be more useful once we had more to talk about. That said, if everyone wants to start now, then the 9th's TS is always open.

#30 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

I Agree with Commander MastaChang10. We can't delay, I recently, looked into Red Buddha Faction, and they're nonexistent. I looked on the Ronin Server and Commander Rowin is now on Comstar. We can't do this anymore the Website is not enough, it isn't fast and isn't personal enough.
I'm having trouble as it is having active units or trying to get on their Teamspeak.

Send me a message MastaChang10 when you want meet. Thursdays are great for me.

View PostSgtKinCaiD, on 05 November 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

Hello,

La Confrérie Black Dragons will respond to the call of the Dragon. Although we are a small unit, we'll try to help as much as we can.

SgtKinCaiD, The Arkab Legion Expeditionary Force appreciates your appeal. Maybe with Commander MasChang10's permission we can setup a meeting on the 9th Sword Server. Setup Server to Server Hyperlinks. Do a Combine Night etc.

Edited by Timuroslav, 05 November 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#31 Rowin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:49 AM

-IMO I would suggest that the active units unite under 1 guild DCMS banner. Maybe elect a member from each unit for a high command. It would allow for better response for CW events and bring our community together under 1 TS.

#32 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:00 PM

Personally I would suggest that step one is re-establishing a teamspeak server as the go to meeting place and LFG for house Kurita in general. Kind of an agreement between units that if they are looking for people from other units to join in there drops this is where they will look. They might then go over to their own units Voip, but having a centralized place where pilots can consistently get in groups from any unit and where units can go to find ANY Kurita pilot that is looking for a group.

This also becomes a great recruiting tool for units (the way the house Teamspeak was in the past) by allowing players who have not joined a unit into a unit-neutral public Kurtia space where they can drop with various units and talk with the members and get to know where they fit best by dropping with multiple units and seeing how they work with them.

To this end I think the ts3server://housekurita.enjinvoice.com server (formerly 1st Ghost, but they merged with the Black foxes) was renamed specifically to be a unit neutral space where DCMS could come together from various units, I would suggest we use and promote it as such.

Second we need to get back to regularly scheduling and promoting cross unit events like the Saturday night fun drops, Dragon Drops, Dragon Roars and Misery Maneuvers again. As it gets players into the habit of getting together and forming groups at a particular 'peek time' to fight on behalf of the DCMS. It promotes unity and lets other players know where to find groups to join.

#33 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

Unfortunately, that rename, didn't occur as intended, for a variety of reasons Kreisel. To reduce potential drama increase or arguments I am not going to explain it. Just that it didn't happen.

As for the idea of a single teamspeak, it's great in theory. However, the issues that plagued the last hub server have the potential to come back and bite people in the ass (That's from my experience trying to rescue the original hub server as a neutral entity)

With regards to Dragon Drops/Dragon Roars, I have temporarily suspended planning them due to the sudden surge in weekend events/challenges and tournaments which keep being announced for me, late hours Thursday evening. Mostly because of my work shedule trying to plan for another night without help is particularly frustrating.

As for community planning for CW, right now we don't have enough details to plan for specific stuff for how/what and who gets what and where, some initial meetings between unit leaders would be a good idea yes, more so just to see who really is actually active or not.

#34 MastaChang10

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

I don't see a neutral TS server coming into the picture anytime soon. Plus I feel that just like the last one it will go into disuse. The best we can hope for is to at least have the unit commanders get familiar with each other so that when the time comes to set up a high command, we can act accordingly. As I have stated, our TS is always open and I have two individuals (Lord Ikka and Strikken) who are assigned to diplomatic ventures. Contacting any of us will get you a quick response.

In the end I share our common goal to better the combine, but I think a measured, patient and coordinated approach is best here. Lets start laying the groundwork now and deal with the issues when PGI sets them in stone.

#35 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 06 November 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

Unfortunately, that rename, didn't occur as intended, for a variety of reasons Kreisel. To reduce potential drama increase or arguments I am not going to explain it. Just that it didn't happen.

As for the idea of a single teamspeak, it's great in theory. However, the issues that plagued the last hub server have the potential to come back and bite people in the ass (That's from my experience trying to rescue the original hub server as a neutral entity)

With regards to Dragon Drops/Dragon Roars, I have temporarily suspended planning them due to the sudden surge in weekend events/challenges and tournaments which keep being announced for me, late hours Thursday evening. Mostly because of my work shedule trying to plan for another night without help is particularly frustrating.

As for community planning for CW, right now we don't have enough details to plan for specific stuff for how/what and who gets what and where, some initial meetings between unit leaders would be a good idea yes, more so just to see who really is actually active or not.

ahh, sorry to hear that. That is a shame it was a rather useful tool until drama and a lot of the players who were using it drifting away from the game it sent it into disuse. It would be nice to have something like that back but I could see how re-purposing the old one could be problematic, and how people favoring logging onto their own Units TS might keep it from seeing much use.

I'd consider footing the bill for a neutral space myself if people thought it would actually be used, but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to afford a very large server, and my time for managing it would be somewhat sparse. If people thought it would actually get used I'd be willing to set something up though. If there is the interest for this I'd set it up so every DCMS unit would get their leader and one other officer with full Moderation powers and be allowed a limited number of unit specific channels they could set up. Anyone voted in as a pillar of the community, unit or no, would also be allowed moderation powers. The server would officially belong equally to both all House Kurtia Units and to no specific unit (even if I were to join a unit).

I know however it's always been difficult to get people to really use the website and clearly trying to have a general House teamspeak server has plenty of issues. (inter-unit Drama, interpersonal conflict, people favoring logging into their own units teamspeak instead, etc..) so if people think it's a bad idea or I don't see support for it I wont bother, but if there is a genuine demand for such a thing I'd be willing to do that for the DCMS community.

Edited by Kreisel, 06 November 2014 - 08:50 PM.

#36 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:23 AM

I'm asking out of the blue but why not using the comstar TS ?

#37 MastaChang10

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:24 PM

We could do that. I like the privacy of unit servers, but its not like there is a need for it.

#38 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

I feel like a neutral TS can work if unit leadership from each unit enforced it. Several units have regular practice times which can be conducted on their own TS, but everyone tends to stick around on their own TS and play with their own unit members even when not actively practicing. If we made a concerted effort to get everyone off of our own TS channels and on to a public one, I think we would see some success.

#39 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostTimuroslav, on 05 November 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

I Agree with Commander MastaChang10. We can't delay, I recently, looked into Red Buddha Faction, and they're nonexistent.

http://redgamingnetwork.enjin.com/
Still up and we still use their teamspeak, even though there has been some early discussions of them merging into the 3rd Benjamin Irregulars due to smaller size. Their contact person is Darth Buddha. The unit is for fans of the Shin Legion but after the canon crackdown, they changed their background accordingly and now relate more to the commoner uprisings of feudal Japan if you like that sort of thing where they believe in power for the people.
PS - Thursday is good for me. What time?

Edited by Arcainite, 08 November 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#40 MastaChang10

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:51 PM

I could do thursday as well. 9 est work on comstar ts? I figure this will be more like a meet and greet. Lets see if we cant hammer out a date and time this week. I also know this time does not work for the non-NA groups so let us know if a weekend date works better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users