78 replies to this topic

#61 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

Hmm....Thanks for the update Kreisel! I'll try to monitor both.

#62 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

Have we gotten a confirmation that Mana will be building the new HK enjin site?

#63 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

Yes Mana, got the message, and is in the process off setting it up. Thanks Blacke....

Anyway, just so you folks are aware, I am away from home quiet a bit for the next couple of weeks, will update as soon as I get progress sorted.

#64 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

Thanks Mana! I think we discussed having a tiered permissions system where Mana (since he is setting up the website) + Kriesel + other non-affiliated Kuritans might be Administrators and have the individual unit heads/officers be Moderators of some kind with less power than the admins. I'm not sure if enjin can support something like this, as I haven't used it before. If this is possible I'd like to suggest every unit that wants moderators provide 1 or 2 names to represent them.

#65 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

If you didn't catch the town-hall meeting here is a good summery of some of the most recent updates on community warfare.

#66 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:31 AM

Ok, site started here http://house-kurita.enjin.com/ please note that its just had basic setup done to it so far.

#67 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:16 PM

Thanks Mana!

For those that weren't there, here's a basic list of units attending and topics (others that were there chime in, I only was only able to stay for about an hour).

9th Sword of the Dragon
Night's Scorn
Arkab Legions
Ronin Legion
3rd Takata Lancers
3rd Benjamin Regulars
6th Rangers: Night Talons
228th IBR
Armageddon Unlimited

Topics that were discussed

HK units will start to use the Comstar TS server to use as a staging point- whether this means just having unit reps there to direct PUG HK members or having full teams dropping in the Comstar TS is currently under discussion.
House Kurita needs a website- ManaValkyrie got "volunteered" to set up the new enjin site. Thanks Mana!
General conversation about leading in PUG/CW matches.

#68 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

the most urgent preparation for cw is training dropleaders!
it is a VERRY difficult task to lead 12 ppl into a battle, especialy if it is a not trained together team.
what tactics work if you have to lead 2 lances from different units filled up with 4 pugs, 2 different teamspeak and 4 man not on voicecoms at all?
a experianced leader and pilots used to be lead is THE deciding factor.
playing as a team requires totaly different tactics compared to pugging.
we NEED 16 team leaders in every major timezone to respond organised to all contested spots, if we fail to do so we WILL loose.
we need to develope a procedure that allow us to QUIK move single lances from different units into one ts channel if they are accepted into the same battle.
it should be the main task for all dcms units from now on to train dropleaders, dont wait! experience is what they need to accumulate now.

eu timezone will be a tough one.... there are about 400 trained and organiced steiner loyalists in german units allone + the clan front. non of our contested planets will stay unattacked on those fronts in the eu timezone.

Mah Kraah Tai-i of the reserves, 36th Dieron Regulars

#69 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:59 AM

This is going to sound odd or counter-intuitive to some, but the best thing I've found that works is practicing by leading solo drops by typing. Most of the time people actually do listen when you call out targets and grids. The win rate is better than you'd expect too.

-k

#70 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostKdogg788, on 24 November 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

This is going to sound odd or counter-intuitive to some, but the best thing I've found that works is practicing by leading solo drops by typing. Most of the time people actually do listen when you call out targets and grids. The win rate is better than you'd expect too.

-k

I agree.

I have 20 text Macros that provide concise initial guidance, likely follow-on instructions and then some close out exhortations (Conan quotes "Crush your Enemies. See them driven before you...")

It does work after a fashion and does lead to more wins than losses.

The "quotes" proved to be so popular (to most) that I added another 40 initial/situational Martial Quotes. Fun, entertaining and just a bit educational.

#71 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:55 AM

View PostMahKraah, on 22 November 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

eu timezone will be a tough one.... there are about 400 trained and organiced steiner loyalists in german units allone + the clan front. non of our contested planets will stay unattacked on those fronts in the eu timezone.

The german community is the third biggest after the NA and the RU ones. We'll try our best to hold them off but we are already outnumbered by a large margin.

#72 MastaChang10

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:12 AM

Next meeting is this Saturday DEC 6 at 15:30 EST. This will be the first High Command meeting where we will discuss our direction going forward. It will be held on Comstar NA TS in the HK channel. Unit leaders, diplomats or their representatives only please.

Also any Merc Units who are interested can stop by and provide input as merc contracts and relations will be discussed.

#73 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:48 AM

View PostMastaChang10, on 03 December 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

Next meeting is this Saturday DEC 6 at 15:30 EST. This will be the first High Command meeting where we will discuss our direction going forward. It will be held on Comstar NA TS in the HK channel. Unit leaders, diplomats or their representatives only please.

Also any Merc Units who are interested can stop by and provide input as merc contracts and relations will be discussed.

Sorry I had to miss the meeting, will someone please post a brief overview or notes about what was talked about/decided at the meeting either here or on the new website (for more delicate details).

#74 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostKreisel, on 06 December 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

Sorry I had to miss the meeting, will someone please post a brief overview or notes about what was talked about/decided at the meeting either here or on the new website (for more delicate details).

Minutes for the meeting have been posted to the House Kurita website - all officers are asked to come and read them, as there are some action items that will need to be acted upon.

Thanks,
-Shah

#75 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostShahadet, on 06 December 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

Minutes for the meeting have been posted to the House Kurita website - all officers are asked to come and read them, as there are some action items that will need to be acted upon.

Thanks,
-Shah

Thanks Shahadet!

#76 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

I believe that we were/are looking for the next Council meeting Saturday the 20th 1530EST on the HK TS. All HK unit leaders/reps/diplos are invited to come, as well as allied merc units.

#77 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:33 AM

We might be able to join as well.

#78 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

I hope that I can join this time

#79 MastaChang10

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

Ikka is correct. Hope to have a lot of attendance to discuss CW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users