Please Add Ams Savior Reward

22 replies to this topic

#1 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

I really would like to know how bad LRM's would be in matches if every single mech took an AMS system (as many as they could carry)

Keep seeing alot of complaining bout LRMs which i fully agree in some situations they are just absolute death and while most are avoidable there are some times when you have ZERO recourse (caustic when an enemy mech pops a UAV and has 5+ LRM carriers until that UAV is down your screwed)

but we all know LRM and their damage can be mitigated by AMS but i rarely see more then 1-2 mechs per match actually carrying them (sadly im guilt of this too at times)

So i say put in a Cbill/XP reward that you get any time your AMS system stops incoming LRM's meant for an ally. Maybe even make it increased if more teammates around have AMS systems stopping the same LRM's.

with current encouragement to make sure you are with your team combined with everyone using AMS and being rewarded for it i wonder exactly how pathetic LRM's would become.

#2 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

Fine by me if they add an ECM bonus for covering teammates as well. then my 3 AMS ECM kitfox can rake in the c-bills.

#3 Destoroyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

yes they should add a AMS interception reward that rewards a small amount for every missle you shoot down so the ams heavy mechs actually got a reason to invest in there ams and work as their teams missle shield.

#4 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

I made a whole thread about this and other rewards like it last week, but it got buried.

Better Rewards!

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

Yep, and AMS reward would be great :)

#6 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

Not sure why it's not in yet. If LRM is aimed at teammate and you kill it, earn cbills. Simple and rewarding.

(yeah, not if it's aimed at YOU, not getting pummeled is reward enough :P )

#7 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostDestoroyah, on 27 October 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

yes they should add a AMS interception reward that rewards a small amount for every missle you shoot down so the ams heavy mechs actually got a reason to invest in there ams and work as their teams missle shield.

Probably be simpler as a flat c-bill/xp bonus that can be triggered every 8 or 10 seconds, like the lance in formation or 'protected medium' and other such bonuses.

If your AMS shoots down at least one missile and it's been X seconds since you've gotten the bonus, BAM have it again.

#8 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:38 PM

AMS bonus: 1xp 5cbills per missile shot down......let it rain........cashish on the AMS holder...lol.

#9 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:42 PM

This is actually a pretty good idea.

If you are shielding your team mates then you get a tiny reward that over time might build to something nice, but not if you are using it just for personal protection.

ECM bonuses ... ECM is powerful enough as a personal device giving rewards for it in its current state would hardly be fair IMO

Also, it would be hard to actually determine how to award help via ECM while its easy to track AMS helping.

Though perhaps people who move into ECM and that forces a lost lock could be considered as a teamwork bonus just being there, but this could be abused while AMS usage is not really something you can game - or if you try you are actually doing a teamwork service so who cares..

#10 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 27 October 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

AMS bonus: 1xp 5cbills per missile shot down......let it rain........cashish on the AMS holder...lol.

I would suggest 5XP and 10CB Per point of damage you stopped with AMS. So if the enemy launches 5 LRM 20s, and you shoot down 50 of them, then you should get 5XP and 10CB for every point of damage those 50 missiles could have imparted onto a mech.
ECM should give a 50CB and 5XP bonus for every mech under your ECM every 20 seconds. So if you are covering 10 of your friendly mechs, you would get 500CB and 50XP for every 20 seconds you stand around your allies.

#11 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

My chassis is ready for this reward:

3xAMS + 6,000 rounds AMS ammo

:ph34r:

#12 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:29 PM

The IS AMS is going to receive a buff soon with 2,000 per ton, this would be nice to go alongside it.

#13 Oogalook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 112 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

There really ought to be a reward for your AMS shooting down missiles aimed at teammates. This would make it more worthwhile, and give a more direct benefit to the guy who sacrifices a ton and a half for his team.

#14 Glythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:48 PM

+1 Yes please.

Want the LRM rain to stop? 2k ammo per ton and rewards for missile destruction would be great!

#15 SteelKiller

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:03 PM

Would be nice to know that my AMS firing through the roof of the cave on Forest Colony is actually benefiting me somehow.

I also wish we could just toggle AMS on and off. Feels silly wasting all that ammo taking out LRMs when you or that teammate are easily in cover.

#16 gregsolidus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:05 PM

I was gonna suggest this too. Pay people to us AMS, people us AMS, no one complains about lurms anymore.

View PostSteelKiller, on 30 October 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

I also wish we could just toggle AMS on and off. Feels silly wasting all that ammo taking out LRMs when you or that teammate are easily in cover.

You can.

#17 SteelKiller

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:07 PM

View Postgregsolidus, on 30 October 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

I was gonna suggest this too. Pay people to us AMS, people us AMS, no one complains about lurms anymore.

You can.

Eh? Well...dangit, I never knew that.

#18 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostAlexander MacTaggart, on 30 October 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

My chassis is ready for this reward:

3xAMS + 6,000 rounds AMS ammo

:ph34r:

Just want to point out I played a match on Caustic earlier and managed to go through ALL this ammo without either AMS module and WHILE I had an ECM bubble up the entire time.

:o

#19 SteelKiller

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

Tilde, well I'll be damned. Thanks!

#20 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 27 October 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

I really would like to know how bad LRM's would be in matches if every single mech took an AMS system (as many as they could carry)

Keep seeing alot of complaining bout LRMs which i fully agree in some situations they are just absolute death

Yeah my 40kph 1 medium laser 5x LRM15 stalker can really dish it out. They nerfed LRM's so hard they're only good for getting assists unless you're clan. The weight per damage considered against missing with 2/3 of your ammo many matches = total ******* suck.

Edited by Captain Stiffy, 30 October 2014 - 09:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users