Issue

10 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

still going on....I keep bringing it up.

Chats don't always send. Sometimes I have type them 3 or 4 times. Not very good when it is your only means of communication.

Doesn't matter if my ping is 80 or 500.

#2 Vimpyr

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

For what it's worth, ask your team mates if they are seeing your messages. I have had this in the past where I could not see my own chat messages, but they were showing up in general chat for everyone else. The only way I found out is when someone asked why I posted the same message 4 times. It hasn't happened to me in a while, though, so maybe this is something different for you. I know how frustrating it can be, especially when trying to communicate info during a fight. Hope it gets resolved for you. Good luck.

#3 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

i would think if the team was seeing my message like 5 times, i'd get a lot of bitching.

#4 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

Vimpyr is right - sometimes you just don't see your own messages show up in the chat log, even though the other players can see 'em.

#5 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:51 PM

I've had this issue too... odd thing is it does it one match, works the next... and it's too irregular to get a capture during spur of the moment battles and trying to type out something fast like "B4 contacts" while dodging enemy fire :D

#6 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 29 October 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

still going on....I keep bringing it up.

Chats don't always send. Sometimes I have type them 3 or 4 times. Not very good when it is your only means of communication.

Doesn't matter if my ping is 80 or 500.

I run a 72 ping and frequently have to retype my messages. My teammates have given me feedback that they are not seeing the messages until I retype them. I really wish this would get fixed! You don't always have time to type, "Red Mechs in C2!" twice! :(

...Also, on a related note, I get a more infrequent bug where my typed text will double send and appear twice. Any chance we could get both bugs fixed?

#7 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 30 October 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

Vimpyr is right - sometimes you just don't see your own messages show up in the chat log, even though the other players can see 'em.

like I said, I get that but if people were seeing them 4 or 5 times, they'd light up the chat and start screaming. I haven't seen that yet when it is happening.

#8 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 30 October 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

like I said, I get that but if people were seeing them 4 or 5 times, they'd light up the chat and start screaming. I haven't seen that yet when it is happening.

Maybe they just haven't cared enough? Or, maybe there are two bugs? Sometimes it doesn't get sent at all, sometimes it does and you just don't see it?

I don't know man, but I've typed things in chat that I haven't seen show up in the chat log, that people then reply to. It happens.

Edited by DEMAX51, 31 October 2014 - 12:28 PM.

#9 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:48 PM

So is this a case of bad chatreg....?

#10 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 31 October 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Maybe they just haven't cared enough? Or, maybe there are two bugs? Sometimes it doesn't get sent at all, sometimes it does and you just don't see it?

I don't know man, but I've typed things in chat that I haven't seen show up in the chat log, that people then reply to. It happens.

ok well... either way it is a problem because I have no idea what is going on or if people are seeing the messages multiple times or zero times.

#11 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

Caught the bug in the act.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users