Fix Your Website

Answered

4 replies to this topic

#1 Pygar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:16 AM

Hi, I just tried to make a new thread and had it wiped out by some kind of weird log in hiccup.

I am not going to re-type it all....fix your website, and maybe we can get some more content on here besides LRM and payout complaint threads.

Thanks.

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 07 November 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

In short, you are getting logged out due to our attempts to fix our website :)

For over a year, multiple times a day, every day, including weekends? Some dedicated devs you got there.

#3 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:50 PM

I have a static IP, and I have this site in the Firefox cookie whitelist. The forum software seems to just break log-ins randomly. This has been reported many times, not just by me.

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:18 AM

^ I can attest. I'm not running anything fancy, just Chrome and its adblocker, and my cookies stays completely consistent unless I clear them myself. But sometimes mwomercs forums just logs me out mid reply and I'm not aware until I click post and suddenly don't have permission to do that.

I've just made a habit of copying my post before I hit reply in case it happens. It probably is just bad timing with the 24-hour timer, but that timer should reset on activity, not count down regardless of activity/page loads.

#5 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:58 AM

It always says auto-saving, but I haven't seen it actually work. That would be nice if the forms could auto recover your content after page loads. There are browser addons for this type of thing too. If you have these issues consistently, you might consider trying one out, even if it is this site's issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is a paid forum package from Invision. Messing with their code generally isn't a very good idea. Been a while since I looked at IPB though, who knows what's changed now.

EDIT: Just recently figured out that the autosaving does actually work. I had this happen today. I logged back in, went back and clicked the "auto saved content" in the bottom left, to give it a shot and noticed that the text in the box is the almost the same color.

I'm starting to think there's something going on with the forum's database, or at least the date system. I've seen some of my posts listed as posted on the wrong date. It's possible the server time is wrong and it's wreaking havoc with the cookies.

Edited by MadLibrarian, 08 November 2014 - 11:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users