The Clan Mech Would Like To Get In Mw:o Now.

105 replies to this topic

#21 Archangel Dino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:58 AM

It'll take a long time, but I'm waiting for these 2 babies:

Cougar - Light

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cougar

Raptor 2 - Medium
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Raptor_II

#22 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:21 AM

Re reads after putting on glasses..

it said CLAN

ermm..none

I have all the clan mechs I want, now

only likely to increase my Is stable unless any clan looks exceptional in its 3d model form

Edited by Cathy, 30 October 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#23 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

I want my Stone Rhino (or "Behemoth" for you IS guys) up in here, the thing's a monster.

http://www.sarna.net..._%28Behemoth%29

Holy **** I forgot these boys: Bowman, NOVA CAT (yes it deserves all caps), Deimos, Supernova, Savage Coyote, Canis, Cauldron-born, Blood Asp.

Edited by TheSilkenPimp, 09 November 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#24 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

View PostWill9761, on 30 October 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

For me,

Posted Image
Sadly, we don't have MASC yet. :(

those mountpoints look borderline op, and yet the mech always reminds me of a small child wanting to get lifted by its daddy.

#25 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostWill9761, on 30 October 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

For me,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sadly, we don't have MASC yet. :(

View PostLily from animove, on 30 October 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

those mountpoints look borderline op, and yet the mech always reminds me of a small child wanting to get lifted by its daddy.

https://www.youtube....2nM1GEllg#t=107

#26 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 30 October 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

lol, well I'd lift up the Fire Moth and give it a hug.

#27 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:38 AM

Blood Asp and Kodiak are on top of my list, personally. After that it's a bunch of Inner Sphere mechs I guess? Thanatos, Sunder, and a couple other Omnis...

#28 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 30 October 2014 - 02:31 AM, said:

actually trying to rebuild it with a ugly warhwak and its one arm being armlock, I think even with ghostheat firing 3 CERLL is fine.
It just will have issues since the firepower on MWO level is quite low and speed is horible on the Supernova. But sitll it'sa very sexy mech, and probably, if enough crits are left giving it ES and upgrading the engine would make it a bit better. But that would depend onhow PGI implements clan battlemechs, if they ever give clanners battlemechs.

That is the real question now isn't it? I wonder how they are going to handle the second line units, if they make them battle mechs, then they are unbalanced, and make omni mechs inferior, if they are restricted like omni mechs, then we have unbalance when compared to IS battle mechs.

Same can be said for when the IS get their omni mechs.

It will be very interesting to see how this unfolds, when or if they do get implemented...

#29 Hornviech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

Any 2nd Line Mech with mixed Tech so we can configure our Mechs like IS and have no Ghostheat and weapons with more then 10 or 11 PinPoint dmg.

#30 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 30 October 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

That is the real question now isn't it? I wonder how they are going to handle the second line units, if they make them battle mechs, then they are unbalanced, and make omni mechs inferior, if they are restricted like omni mechs, then we have unbalance when compared to IS battle mechs.

Same can be said for when the IS get their omni mechs.

It will be very interesting to see how this unfolds, when or if they do get implemented...

woudl it make omnimechs inferior? they will still have limited hardpoints to their variants while the battlemechs will be stuck with the amount of hardpoints they have. The most biggest advantage of omnipods is mixing the hardpoints as you please. The Supernova will be stuck with its 6 E 3 in each arm. So what would you do? CERML? you sacrifice firepwoer,, that probably wont help to increase DHS since slots will mostlikely all be occupied already. Then the onyl thign you could efficently do is increasing engine, but then you just gain speed with a borderline undergunned assault, which is questionable.

Just allowing full customisation doesn't means we couldn't add restrictions, like: max engine sizes, only XL engines. How would said Supernova be much more op, than, lets say a Boars Head, Banshee or Battlemaster?

Edited by Lily from animove, 30 October 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#31 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 30 October 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

woudl it make omnimechs inferior? they will still have limited hardpoints to their variants while the battlemechs will be stuck with the amount of hardpoints they have. The most biggest advantage of omnipods is mixing the hardpoints as you please. The Supernova will be stuck with its 6 E 3 in each arm. So what would you do? CERML? you sacrifice firepwoer,, that probably wont help to increase DHS since slots will mostlikely all be occupied already. Then the onyl thign you could efficently do is increasing engine, but then you just gain speed with a borderline undergunned assault, which is questionable.

Just allowing full customisation doesn't means we couldn't add restrixtions, like: max engine sizes, only XL engines. How woudl said Supernova be much more op, than, lets say a boards head Banshee or battlemaster?

If they allow them to be treated like IS battle mechs, then Clan Battle mechs, will enjoy all the advantages that come with being clans.
7 slot Endo S
7 slot FF
2 Slot DHS
10 Slot XL engines
4 ton, 1 slot ER LL

Just to use the Super Nova as an example...

According to HM Pro,
3/5/3 (walk/rung/jump) with a standard engine

Just moving it to an cXL would let it max out it's standard armour and still have 4 tons and 4 crit spaces left. As we've seen with all mechs in MWO they do get a hard point inflation, so we could guess that it would as well, let's say 2E per side torso, enough space for 4 cERML.

So now we have something that will out-gun a Wubshee, and live through ST loss. Not a bad trade, by any stretch of imagination.

Again, that was all done with one change, one that IS Battle Mechs enjoy, the ability to change their engine.

That's why I said, this would be very, very interesting to see if they side step Clan Battle mechs, or if they do implement them, how they balance them.

#32 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

Executioner PLEASE!!! give us a jumping clan assault!!! pretty please?

#33 Raziberry

• PipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

I just want to see a Fire Moth, Executioner, or Viper.
Especially the Viper, actually, since there has never been one represented in any BT game.

Those three would finish off the original 16 Invasion Omnis.

Failing that, it would have to be something from the right time period. No sense waiting for a 'Mech from 3060, cause it'll be a seriously long time. I'd want any of the IICs, or the Wolf Omnis from 3055. It'd bring me back to MW2:Mercs, and stay period-accurate.

#34 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

As Ive said before I'd like to see the Cauldron Born soon (Yeah Im not calling it Ebon Jaguar, I remember when it didnt have a clan designation). As to the 'It wasnt seen until 3052 on Luthien thing; I recall seeing a breakdown of Mechs in use during the invasion and Cauldron Born took 7% of SJ's available Mechs. I think the reason it wasnt seen until 3052 on Luthien was because it was relegated to a Garrison role before it became a Front Line Mech. Id also like to see Elementals but dont think they would be viable for use since you would need at least 3 of them for every 1 Mech on the Opposition as well as a way to reload the 2 Missiles. They would be great as scouts and TAGers but as I said they wouldnt be a viable choice as things stand now. Id rather see more maps than mechs right now but Maps dont make PGI money so more Mechs is what we will see.

#35 Avimimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

Posted Image

So no one wants the Kraken (Bane)? 9 Missile hardpoints or 14 ballistic hardpoints.

Note: Given that battlemechs were not typically customisable, we could have clan battlemechs be restricted like clan omnimechs (except without omnipods).

It can even be rationalised that the small manufacturing capabilities of the clan worlds, and the sophisticated clantech manufacturing process means that there are not alternate components for customisation (e.g. different engines).

#36 Igorius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationA place beyond your dreams

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

I'd like to see the Huntsman make an appearance, as well as the Crossbow (two fists of LRM-20 goodness ftw.) The Linebacker would be fun if the timeline started moving forward (I mean, it's "only" two years away at this point.) The one omni I really want, though, is the Kingfisher. I mean, I really, really want it. My first time using Clan tech in BattleTech was a one on one duel with a buddy, him in a Dire Wolf and I in a Kingfisher. It's got a soft spot in my heart since then.

If they decide to ever bring in Clan 2nd liners, then I'd really love to see the Clint IIC and the Great Wyrm. Are they practical? Not really, but they'd still be fun to run around in.

#37 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

Ebon Jaguar for me, plz!

Some 2nd line non-omnis would be nice, too! Especially the Kodiak, Supernova and Piranha!

#38 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Phantom

#39 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

That raptor 2 is pretty sweet. but Blood ASP!

#40 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:24 PM

not in production for a decade or so but UZL-2S UZIEL!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users