• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:16 AM

View PostYosharian, on 30 October 2014 - 01:57 AM, said:

First of all, 'RIP in peace' : http://knowyourmeme....es/rip-in-peace
It's worded that way on purpose, it's a known meme. It's a joke. You just lost the game.

MRW when I lost the game:

Posted Image

#42 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:24 AM

Well the C1 and C4 are getting some proper love. Some Armor buffs, I guess the A1 didn't get it because its either running missile boats and shouldn't be at the front or is an SRM monster that doesn't need to be buffed too much.

Still don't understand why the K2 gets some closer range weapon buffs, but not Armor buffs.
Jester could have used some too.

#43 EnzyteBob82

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

View PostAidan Kell, on 29 October 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

The Cat is dead, eh? Wanna say that to Jester's face then?

I am the proud owner of a Jester. Was my favorite mech until the Clan mechs came out. Sadly, the T-wolf has taken my Jester's place. You can build it exactly like a Jester, but better. You get case-protected side torsos and clan weaponry in exchange for 8 kph. No brainer, RIP Jester :(

#44 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:14 AM

View PostBelorion, on 29 October 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

They are also removing all of the negative quirks... so yeah...

The Cat's don't have negative quirks.

#45 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 October 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

Cat got JJs, and that removes a quirk. In all honesty Cat should get more quirks for being overly large sized.

Their rational about JJs is just crazy logic and I mentioned that before. JJs come with their own build in negative quirks, weight and heat. 4 JJs on a Catapult means 4 less tons for weapons or DHS so how can you consider them a bonus that offsets the addition of a quirk?? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Or lets try this one for example, 5 JJs on my Heavy Metal = 10 tons. That is like 12% of the entire weight of the mech devoted to JJs. Sorry but your not going to convince me that 10 tons less weapons and DHS doesn't totally offset the mobility advantage JJs give this mech.

#46 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:37 AM

It gets dumber than that. They say "they got JJ/ECM, so they go one/two tiers up", "they get quirks based on tier" and then "since they gots ECM/JJ, they get 1 or 2 fewer quirks".

#47 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 30 October 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

Their rational about JJs is just crazy logic and I mentioned that before. JJs come with their own build in negative quirks, weight and heat. 4 JJs on a Catapult means 4 less tons for weapons or DHS so how can you consider them a bonus that offsets the addition of a quirk?? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Or lets try this one for example, 5 JJs on my Heavy Metal = 10 tons. That is like 12% of the entire weight of the mech devoted to JJs. Sorry but your not going to convince me that 10 tons less weapons and DHS doesn't totally offset the mobility advantage JJs give this mech.

Worse, some of the mechs are in the tiers they are because they can field jumpjets. So it's a double, or triple, penalty. Getting less quirks because it's a tier higher than it otherwise would be, then also getting a quirk less because PGI said so. lulz.

Only reason I'm not bringing out the pitchforks over it is because I'd rather see it all in action first before bringing out the pitchforks. See how it works before going off half-cocked.

#48 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 30 October 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

Now now. You are giving an extreme example. For Assaults weighing 90 tons or more, JJs are severly limiting due to each being 2 tonnes. Removing quirks based on that will indeed be a slap on the face. On the other hand, for JJ Assaults below 90 tons, such as my Dragon Slayer, I do prefer having JJs (though no more than 2 or 3) than more weapons or DHS. Same deal with Heavies such as Catapults. 4 JJs for my Cat is totally worth more than 4 ton less weapons/ammo or DHS, especially since the Class 3 JJ got buffed.

For Mediums and Lights, it is stupid not to max out their Jets IMO, since JJs are that effective on them, over more weapons/ammo/DHS--with the tiny exception of SDR-5V.

Basically, I believe JJs on many mechs are worth 1 less quirk in return. However, for mechs that require 2 tons per JJ, that is not the case, IMO.

Edited by El Bandito, 30 October 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#49 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 30 October 2014 - 02:16 AM, said:

MRW when I lost the game:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:30 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 October 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

Now now. You are giving an extreme example. For Assaults weighing 90 tons or more, JJs are severly limiting due to each being 2 tonnes. Removing quirks based on that will indeed be a slap on the face. On the other hand, for JJ Assaults below 90 tons, such as my Dragon Slayer, I do prefer having JJs (though no more than 2 or 3) than more weapons or DHS. Same deal with Heavies such as Catapults. 4 JJs for my Cat is totally worth more than 4 ton less weapons/ammo or DHS, especially since the Class 3 JJ got buffed.

For Mediums and Lights, it is stupid not to max out their Jets IMO, since JJs are that effective on them, over more weapons/ammo/DHS--with the tiny exception of SDR-5V.

Basically, I believe JJs on many mechs are worth 1 less quirk in return. However, for mechs that require 2 tons per JJ, that is not the case, IMO.

I'd have to disagree. JJ's increase the highlanders mobility greatly. Say you want to just get over to get to the over a hill (flee/join a fight) like in canyon network or some long buildings on mining colony. In a JJ-less light you could quickly get there but with a heavy grounded assault it wold take much longer and the fight could have ended or you could get jumped. But the Highlander just goes up and over not to mention all the other bonuses. I'd say the impact is pretty much equal.

Besides that 2 tones is only .006% heavier (in relation to available tonnage) than the 1 tons on a Cat or the .5 tons on the Spider. Of course making the highlanders of mechs JJ's weigh just 1.5tons would seem sensible.

#51 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:54 AM

View PostSorbic, on 31 October 2014 - 12:30 AM, said:

I'd have to disagree. JJ's increase the highlanders mobility greatly. Say you want to just get over to get to the over a hill (flee/join a fight) like in canyon network or some long buildings on mining colony. In a JJ-less light you could quickly get there but with a heavy grounded assault it wold take much longer and the fight could have ended or you could get jumped. But the Highlander just goes up and over not to mention all the other bonuses. I'd say the impact is pretty much equal.

Besides that 2 tones is only .006% heavier (in relation to available tonnage) than the 1 tons on a Cat or the .5 tons on the Spider. Of course making the highlanders of mechs JJ's weigh just 1.5tons would seem sensible.

They also provide only 2/3 of the thrust per jet compared to the cat, despite weighing 2x as much and having to lift 50% more mass. thats 22% of the jumping ability per ton spent. (for reference the Victor JJs get 68% of the Cats jumping ability per ton, and it can carry identical loadouts to the Highlander at higher speeds)

It doesnt really matter, There is no point playing a Highlander over a victor unless they remove the senseless nerfs from the jets. The latest boost helped a bit, but didnt go nearly far enough.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 31 October 2014 - 01:11 AM.

#52 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:51 AM

Rest in piece...
Damn it make me want to take out my founder Catapult. :D

edit: Took it, It used to be a founder Catapult, but then he took a Timber Wolf on the face.

Edited by KuroNyra, 31 October 2014 - 04:37 AM.

#53 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:28 AM

Just sold 2 of my 4 catas...

Well

#54 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 31 October 2014 - 02:51 AM, said:

Rest in piece...
Damn it make me want to take out my founder Catapult. :D

edit: Took it, It used to be a founder Catapult, but then he took a Timber Wolf on the face.

Odd, I killed two madcatss and a daishi with mine last night thanks to a raven getting tons of narc bonuses. :D

Madcat isn't a good comparison to the Catapult anyway, regardless of lore. The Madcat is more like a Cataphract with Catapult ears than a Catapult with gun arms.

If you use a Catapult like a Madcat you are going to have a bad day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users