2 replies to this topic

#1 cheapcamper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:37 PM

hi all:

I played MWO on my P157sm clevo. it is all good but the screen size is only 15.6 inches. I got myself a dell 2340l, which is an alrite monitor but does not have a speaker. here comes the problem: the image are just fine and i change the audio output to the labtop speakers at control panel->sound. audio for youtube and everything works just fine (labtop speakers working), but for MWO it is just dead silence............

any idea my fellow mechwarriors?

#2 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:11 AM

Very strange. I often switch sound output in MWO from rear-panel speakers to independent front-panel headset when playing late (it's not auto-switch when plugging of headset mutes the speakers, headset is always plugged and can work simultaneously with speakers - my TeamSpeak is always on it even when MWO is on speakers). And it switches fine, BUT I have to relaunch the game for it (it doesn't switch on-the-fly when already running).

I don't think that MWO controls which audio device to use at all. There are no entries for that in attributes.xml or user.cfg. If you aren't trying to switch from one device to another on-the-fly, try to check volume in options?

#3 cheapcamper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:11 AM

well, it seems like it works again after i restart my computer. must be driver, compatibility issue, thx anyway!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users