Full List Of Mech Quirks From The Test Server.

244 replies to this topic

#201 Dragomir Zelenka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:19 PM

View Postxeromynd, on 30 October 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

These Blackjack Quirks are really confusing me....

The Arrow:
I'm incredibly confused as to why the Arrow. One of the only two Hexa-Ballistlc mechs in the game (afaik). Got a quirk for AC20's and not MGs........

BJ-1
The champion variant of this mech is specifically designed, and COMES WITH an AC20, yet it has quirks for AC2s????????

BJ-3, BJ-1DC, and BJ-1X all look ok, and I do realize the above quirks do still help, but they just seem very odd choices given the stock loadouts of each mech. I know, I know, not all quirks are aimed at stock loadouts, but I'd think in this case the stock loadouts ARE the most popular loadouts.

I had the same issues with this, but then I realized this is a situation where they're blatantly trying to ramp up the appeal of a Hero chassis. The stock Arrow is an interesting, unique variant, but by giving it the quirks most obviously fitting a mech you can buy for Cbills, you encourage people to spend real money to get the full benefit of a really popular build, rather than just grind for a short time to pick up a real gem of an inexpensive chassis for fake money.

#202 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:27 PM

I was really hoping the quirks were going to spice up the Highlanders to the point of me actually wanting to buy them...I guess not though. I really want to try them, but they seem so mediocre...

#203 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:43 PM

View PostDragomir Zelenka, on 30 October 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

I had the same issues with this, but then I realized this is a situation where they're blatantly trying to ramp up the appeal of a Hero chassis. The stock Arrow is an interesting, unique variant, but by giving it the quirks most obviously fitting a mech you can buy for Cbills, you encourage people to spend real money to get the full benefit of a really popular build, rather than just grind for a short time to pick up a real gem of an inexpensive chassis for fake money.

It feels like this on the CPLT-K2 vs Firebrand; even though the K2 is one of the most iconic PPC-carrying heavies in the game, it gets llas quirks instead.

#204 Mothykins

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

View Postaniviron, on 30 October 2014 - 10:43 PM, said:

It feels like this on the CPLT-K2 vs Firebrand; even though the K2 is one of the most iconic PPC-carrying heavies in the game, it gets llas quirks instead.

God damn, it says Medium Lasers.

Jester gets LL.

Medium lasers.

Still stupid as f***.

Edited by Cavale, 30 October 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#205 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:59 PM

ddc perks are total garbage

#206 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:06 PM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 30 October 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

ddc perks are total garbage

It has already ECM. Be happy with that structure update alone.

#207 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

View PostDragomir Zelenka, on 30 October 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

Unfortunately this is not a good thing. Gameplay effectiveness should never be sold for real money only, ever. The AC20 BJ was one of the most popular loadouts and they just gave the paywalled mech the buffs for it. Never mind the Arrow is one of the best BJs even without the quirks..

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 30 October 2014 - 11:13 PM.

#208 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

Interesting set of quirks...I'm liking that Catapult-C1 set of quirks, my founder's "Thundercat" is going to have an even better time, packing my twin LRM-15s and running top speed...and I already have the tier 5 cooldown module. #trollface, #swag

Guess putting in medium laser quirks would have made it a little too good, oh well.

Also I agree that the K2 quirks are completely off-base. PPC buffs are what's needed, or even at least (ER) LL; and they should REALLY work on a way to prevend AC/20/Gauss dual-cheese from being mounted on that chassis, because that's so far out from the canon intention of the K2 build as to be completely preposterous.

Not to mention it makes the K2 better in almost every way to mount double-gauss/ac20, compared to the Jagermech; minimal side torso hitzones + being able to totally strip the arms without any penalty; the only drawback in comparison is the lack of arm swing....

It doesn't seem like that's how it should be.

Edited by Telmasa, 30 October 2014 - 11:21 PM.

#209 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:20 PM

View PostSarlic, on 30 October 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

It has already ECM. Be happy with that structure update alone.

It got fewer perks because of ECM; and then they reduced the number of perks because of ECM.
Meanwhile, BAP now counters ECM at double the range.

#210 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:25 PM

I'm quite honestly shocked that the K2 isnt PPC quirked. I would love it getting some of the Awesome PPC love, but i guess PGI went too much in to the K2 "meta" which in all honesty doesnt fit the mech at all (since it was literary built as a PPC platform).

Ah well.

#211 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:40 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 30 October 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

Why oh why does the Arrow have AC20 quirks?

Give it Ballistic Range quirks times 2, and LPL quirks. Boost its distinctive loadout, don't make it an alternate bam-jack.

And I still say that weapon quirks should apply across sub-type: PPC/ERPPC, LL/ERLL/LPL, AC10/UAC10/LBX-AC10, etc.

Second that they clearly think an ac20 in a medium hero is the way to go but we now have two hero cents for that job. *edit* oh and the grid iron.

The arrow is all about crit builds with machineguns lpl and a flamer. Its a scavenger a kill stealer if you want its a late game mech that dives in and finishes off the weak. Why encourage ita use of an xl at ac20 ranges. :s.

Like others have said the other blackjacks even do that better.

Would be cool if the arrow could get ac2's that weigh four tons or light autocannons then you'd have a fantastic high dps sniper.

Edited by mad kat, 31 October 2014 - 08:07 AM.

#212 100 Tonne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:54 PM

Please give the Atli some armour bonus quirks. The internal buff left and right is nice but still not enough.
and yes I am shamelessly promoting my Favorited chassis.

#213 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:25 AM

View PostThe Boz, on 30 October 2014 - 11:20 PM, said:

It got fewer perks because of ECM; and then they reduced the number of perks because of ECM.
Meanwhile, BAP now counters ECM at double the range.

I ment to say that you should not expect huge changes to the D-DC. :) I get it isnt perfect yet, but we all await a new solution to ECM.

#214 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:39 AM

View PostDocBach, on 30 October 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

That's pretty lame. A lot of these should probably be reshook, like the variant of the Orion that has one ballistic but gets a perk for a UAC/5....

You don't even know what I think about the upcoming Thunderbolt Champion...

http://www.reddit.co...erbolt_tdr9sec/

TL;DR version of it...

It's bad, and you should feel bad.

View PostHeffey, on 30 October 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

So no quirks for Founder mechs?

Um, Founders mechs (and other variations, like Phoenix pack variants or even Champions) inherit the same buffs as their regular counterparts...

#215 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:01 AM

View PostGamerGirlGundam, on 30 October 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

Jenner F = no quirks ???????? :o

are you serious ?? its still a IS light and still goes down fast if that CT gets lit up
there is no good reason for it to be excluded, its not exactly the timberwolf of lights
yeah its one of the better lights but it still needs some quirks to stay competitive in the age of clams

*edit: but the stupid raven 3L gets energy quirks ?? wutlol

i see cicada 3m has been locked into the 2 LL 2ml build, reduced LL duration will come in handy on this one
phract 4x is going to be quadAc5 dakkafun thou

It's the best light mech in the game. It needs no buffs, just like the Victors don't either.

Edited by Kjudoon, 31 October 2014 - 01:02 AM.

#216 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:31 AM

View PostDazzer, on 30 October 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

NOOOO ! dont you touch my beloved The CN9-D with LBX10 !

*hugs his CN9-D* 'dont listen to the nasty man '

They should just add a Centurion CN9-D Champion that has those other quirks he wants, then you both get what you want.

#217 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:36 AM

View PostDragomir Zelenka, on 30 October 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

Yeah, the Arrow is a big offender in the terms of quirks which actively work against the character of the mech. Mounting an AC20 in an Arrow effectively makes it just a BJ-1 with a machine gun arm instead of a laser arm, which is pretty bland. I'd rather the Arrow and BJ-1 swapped AC20 and AC2 quirks. The Arrow can currently mount a pair of AC2s in one arm for peeking, which the BJ-1 can't, and twin, rapid fire AC2s paired with a handful of machineguns fits the image of the Arrow much better than an a single giant cannon does.

What is more odd is that the BlackJack Champion is probably going to have really awsome AC-2 quirks, but it is sold with the AC-20 installed in it.

As I just suggest, PGI could just add new Champion mechs that have different quirks in them than the original mech and solve the problem that way. Then you can have a BlackJack BJ-1 with AC-2 quirks, a Champion of the same type, and a 2nd Champion with AC-20 quirks.

#218 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:40 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 31 October 2014 - 12:39 AM, said:

You don't even know what I think about the upcoming Thunderbolt Champion...

http://www.reddit.co...erbolt_tdr9sec/

TL;DR version of it...

It's bad, and you should feel bad.

Wait, people actually care about the Thunderbutt? :o

#219 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:24 AM

Looking at the list, I can't help but think that the F9S-H will beat out the JR7-F if one wants a 6 ml offensive light. The 6 ml JR7-F heats up faster than a toaster so -15% heat on mls (once stacked) on the F9S-H can go a long way. Not to mention the +10% range.

Of course the JR7's hardpoints being all in its high mounted arms can't be denied. I'll be interested to see how the F9S-H will perform in comparison once quirks hit.

#220 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:54 AM

Looking at the Commando 1B interesting.. Normally I run a DK with 3 medium pulse...
I could try doing the same thing with this one or run medium lasers with the nice buffs. HMMMMMM... Interesting times.

1D ain't too bad too.. I am going to have a lot of fun with them..

Wuut ? Jenner K is a medium pulse mech too ? That's my current build... WOOT...

Locust LCT-1V 20 5 Additional Structure (LL&RL) 8
Locust LCT-1V 20 5 Additional Armor (LA&RA) 50%
Locust LCT-1V 20 5 ER Large Laser Cooldown 25%
Locust LCT-1V 20 5 Energy Cooldown 25%
Locust LCT-1V 20 5 ER Large Laser Duration -12.5%
Locust LCT-1V 20 5 Laser Duration -12.5%
Locust LCT-1V 20 5 Energy Range 15%
Locust LCT-1V 20 5 Ballistic Range 15%
Locust LCT-1V 20 5 Acceleration Rate 25%
Locust LCT-1V 20 5 Deceleration Rate 50%

Need someone to check my math here...

Say... Ok a Locust 1V can have that single ERLL no problem.
All these quicks stack right ?

ERLL Cooldown 3.25s
-25% Energy cooldown.
2.4375s
-25% ERLL cooldown
Finally Rank 5 ERLL cooldown module.. (Which I happen to have.)
1.828125 -0.39s = 1.438125s Cooldown !

Woooooooo !! Really ?

Now for duration 1.25s
-12.5% duration
-12.5% duration
0.95703125 Duration

ERLL Range 675M
Rank 5 ERLL Module =67.5M
843.75M !

All these buffs combined... WOW.. This little thing might be a beast !
Ok officially excited now !

Edited by ShinVector, 31 October 2014 - 05:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users