Earnings Per Hour: What Do You Think Is A Good Pace?

50 replies to this topic

#1 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:36 AM

You know with all the posts about the rewards, I got to wondering what people really feel are reasonable earnings per hour?

For myself here is what I came up with,

Non-premium = 1,000,000 per hour
Premium = 1,500,000 per hour
Premium + 30% bonus mech = 1,800,000 per hour

This is what I feel is a decent rate of average earnings. This is based off the following:

Goal = unlock master for 18 unique mechs per year or a pace of unlocking master on 1.5 new mechs per month. Also be able to outfit each and every one of these mechs with their own sets of equipment (including engines) and a unique set of modules for each mech (no swapping of equipment)

I am estimating an average cost of 25 million per mech to buy, equip and outfit with unique modules so this comes to 54 mechs x 25 million each = 1.35 billion C-bills per year.

My average weekly play time is around 20 hours per week or roughly 1040 hours of play per year.

Total yearly earnings:

Non-premium = 1.04 billion C-bills
Premium = 1.56 billion C-bills
Premium + 30% bonus mech = 1.872 billion C-bills.

This pace would allow us to consume all existing content in roughly 3-4 years of continual play as long as we did not use consumables or have to deal with any other C-bill sinks such as we are likely to have once CW comes out.

For me to achieve this, I would have to see a roughly 50% increase in the base rewards we are currently seeing in game.

So anyway it would be interesting to see what other people feel is a good pace for the game so what do you guys feel is a good pace and why?

#2 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:49 AM

I'd rather balance on a per drop basis. Given you should be able to get in 6 drops in an hour, these are your numbers:

Normal: 166,667 per match
+PT: 250,000 per match
+PT+Hero: 300,000 per match

Those actually don't fall too far from where I was thinking.

Normal: 150,000 per match
+PT: 225,000 per match
+PT+Hero: 270,000 per match

Honestly, I think PT should be double rewards as well to encourage folks to use it, but that's a different discussion.

Keep in mind, we're talking average per match. Obviously you'll do bad on occasion, and you'll do really well on occasion.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:52 AM

For Me non premium
400K per Hour. Mechs are not supposed to be easy or cheap to buy.

Premium
600K per hour

All the Bells and whhistles
800K per hour

That is for 3.5-4.0 matches per hour.

#4 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:06 AM

I'd rather break down the efficiencies into smaller sections that give smaller benefits and work in some daily tasks that promote good habits that reward some c-bills. Daily rewards can boost income and can be better moderated than just blowing up regular match earnings. MWO is a game yet there are many aspects of it that still need tweaking on gamificiation.

Aside from focusing purely on matches/earnings per hour adding some things for players to accomplish can make it a bit more fun for others by providing a little challenge and giving higher c-bill income per hour in a controlled manner. For example, perhaps you can earn an extra 500k c-bills in daily achievement/task/quest bonuses and maybe this can be accomplished in 30-60 minutes of gameplay.

We have match rewards so we can also implement daily match rewards so that it doesn't bloat out the earnings too much yet provide a good c-bill/time invested each day.

#5 SgtExo

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:06 AM

I am in favor of the 1Mil C-Bills per hour.

I would bet that people would spend more money on MC to buy mechbays if they had more money to invest in new chassis'.

Right now, allot of people in my group do not feel good about using PT because they think that they will waste on the slim rewards that are implemented now (though they do like the new reward system itself). So if you could be able to buy a new chassi per week by playing a couple of hours every night, you would likely see allot more mechbay sales and PT purchases. I base this on the fact that people are more willing to spend money in your game if you are more generous too them.

Getting people to put money down by making the grind long and hard drives more people away than it brings money in.

#6 The Boz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

I'm pretty sure that an increase in CB gains would turn out profitable for PGI in the form of camos and mechbays (but mainly mechbays). 1M+ per hour isn't a bad idea...
HOWEVER
One thing that does worry me with CB gain increase is the increase in use of arty, airstrikes, and UAVs. Wouldn't like to see that.

#7 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:13 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 30 October 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

Non-premium = 1,000,000 per hour
Premium = 1,500,000 per hour
Premium + 30% bonus mech = 1,800,000 per hour

My estimated expected return falls perfectly in line with your example...

While I'm in the minority as I think presently the GP is not terrible, as an agreement that it could be better I think a modest 20% increase would do the trick for all but the most ardent detractors.

Non-premium = 1,200,000 per hour
Premium = 1,700,000 per hour
Premium + 30% bonus mech = 2,000,000 per hour

Edited by DaZur, 30 October 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#8 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:14 AM

View PostThe Boz, on 30 October 2014 - 09:10 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure that an increase in CB gains would turn out profitable for PGI in the form of camos and mechbays (but mainly mechbays). 1M+ per hour isn't a bad idea...
HOWEVER
One thing that does worry me with CB gain increase is the increase in use of arty, airstrikes, and UAVs. Wouldn't like to see that.

All they would have to do is raise the cost of them by the % they increase the c-bill earnings.... problem solved

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:14 AM

I am quite happy earning a Million every 4 hours or so. Buying Mechs should not be fast or easy.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 30 October 2014 - 09:22 AM.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostSgtExo, on 30 October 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

I am in favor of the 1Mil C-Bills per hour.

I would bet that people would spend more money on MC to buy mechbays if they had more money to invest in new chassis'.

Right now, allot of people in my group do not feel good about using PT because they think that they will waste on the slim rewards that are implemented now (though they do like the new reward system itself). So if you could be able to buy a new chassi per week by playing a couple of hours every night, you would likely see allot more mechbay sales and PT purchases. I base this on the fact that people are more willing to spend money in your game if you are more generous too them.

Getting people to put money down by making the grind long and hard drives more people away than it brings money in.

Some people would others would not.

#11 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 30 October 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

All they would have to do is raise the cost of them by the % they increase the c-bill earnings.... problem solved

I am of the opposite opinion on this: Turn them into permanent 4M modules, once per game. All but Cool Shot require a teammate with the same module to confirm a strike. Maximum 4 used per side per game.

#12 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

I feel that at least 1 million Cbills per hour without premium time should be obtainable.

#13 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 30 October 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

I have am quite happy earning a Million every 4 hours or so. Buying Mechs should not be fast or easy.

Fast or easy!? Fast or easy...........
So let me get this straight.

Lets say the average player (figure out of thin air) plays 10-20 hours a week.
Let's call it 20 (being generous) - you think that it is ok that this player has to spend AN ENTIRE MONTH of gaming to get a single varient of the direwolf? Three entire months to master it - Assuming that they don't spend ANYTHING on modules, or consumables, or change the loadout, or... anything else.
All of this just to do it all over again, on the same maps, on the same game types, for no reason whatsoever.

Sounds like extreme masochism to me. Cbill gains must be increased substantially.

PS: Thats a clan mech that comes with all the upgrades and a good engine. Even an IS MEDIUM could probably cost about the same as a dire if you want an XL and upgrades. Insanity.

Edited by Axeface, 30 October 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#14 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:40 AM

I think your numbers are about right and means earnings need about a 30% kick.

#15 topgun505

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

I don't know about per hour, but per game I would day it should be a minimum of 100k per match for a loss. That way a player can use 2 consumables and still make at least a tiny amount of money extra.

Otherwise you end up with newer players who are playing with subpar mechs/builds AND can't use all the tools available to them to be competitve (on top of a MM that knows no mercy). At least giving them the ability to bring along arty and UAVs and such and still make a little money even when they get rolled and they will feel like they are making at least some progress.

#16 SgtExo

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 30 October 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

Some people would others would not.

I am not saying everybody would spend on MC for mechbays, but allot more people would. Right now PGI are choking down the demand on mechbays because of the grind to get the C-Bills to get new mechs. They think they will get the money from people buying the mechs with MC to save themselves of the grind.

But if you are able to quickly fill out your starting mechbays, and people are more ready to spend C-Bills on multiple chassis at a time, I do believe that they will pay out for the ability to have more mechbays so that they can have more mechs on standby.

What they should control content with is what mech people like enough to master and get modules for.

#17 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostAxeface, on 30 October 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

Let's call it 20 (being generous) - you think that it is ok that this player has to spend AN ENTIRE MONTH of gaming to get a single varient of the direwolf? Three entire months to master it - Assuming that they don't spend ANYTHING on modules, or consumables, or change the loadout, or... anything else.
All of this just to do it all over again, on the same maps, on the same game types, for no reason whatsoever.

Sounds like extreme masochism to me. Cbill gains must be increased substantially.

PS: Thats a clan mech that comes with all the upgrades and a good engine. Even an IS MEDIUM could probably cost about the same as a dire if you want an XL and upgrades. Insanity.

You have to understand that while Joseph is a genuinely awesome guy he is also about as close as you can get in this game to a mech monogamist. He has a very limited selection of mechs that he plays that fit to his chosen faction, and as such he doesn't understand the collector/ADHD mindset. ;)

#18 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

I'm making what the Op suggests now. Seems fair to me.

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostAxeface, on 30 October 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

Yes I think it is fair that it takes me that long. Likely longer in my case.

View PostWarHippy, on 30 October 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

You have to understand that while Joseph is a genuinely awesome guy he is also about as close as you can get in this game to a mech monogamist. He has a very limited selection of mechs that he plays that fit to his chosen faction, and as such he doesn't understand the collector/ADHD mindset. ;)

I play Pokemon. I understand it quite well. ^_^

View PostBilbo, on 30 October 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

I'm making what the Op suggests now. Seems fair to me.

I'm making a bit less than that, and I am thrilled. I was happy before.

#20 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 30 October 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

Yes I think it is fair that it takes me that long. Likely longer in my case.

I play Pokemon. I understand it quite well. ^_^

I'm making a bit less than that, and I am thrilled. I was happy before.

It's easier to do if you aren't in the group queue. Don't have to wait for teammates or match end on my dismal matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users