Video Of New Quirks In Action

145 replies to this topic

#41 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

Well, looks like my initial read on how cooldown reduction would work was actually right... I actually did spec out a tripling of fire rate for the Dragon 1N's AC5's, then Russ said 100% reduction was actually doubling fire rate so I thought the formula was different.

This might be a little OP. :P

Still, anyone saying Dragons suck can just be pointed at this video to be taught better. Seriously, that dual AC5 arm will be insane DPS with full modules.

Edit : Just for the record, on that initial fire burst, it was about 9 seconds of firing for 28 shells down range. That's ~1.55 shells per second per gun. Which is ~0.65s cooldown.

Yeah, that's about AC2 territory.

Edited by Scratx, 30 October 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#42 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

I have left my awesome in the bay waiting for this moment, it is super shiny and super fresh and soon it will shock all with electrical death!

#43 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

Just a heads up to people. Just talked to Phil and we are trying to aim for about 5 - 6 videos a day out of the new quirk previews.

So make sure to tune in for more mech madness tomorrow!

#44 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

Well.. GG Clans.. Seems we're doing the bizarro-world Battletech.

#45 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:44 PM

Good to start a little stronger. TTK for IS vs Clan will be more fair now.

Still I'm all for the quirks the way they are looking, but remember Sean is stacking lvl 5 modules with elited skills and the quirks.

Keep the powerful quirks but give all weapons across the board a penalty to cooldown if TTK goes down the toilet.

#46 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostMisterPlanetarian, on 30 October 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

Keep the powerful quirks but give all weapons across the board a penalty to cooldown if TTK goes down the toilet.

Yup if we start seeing TTK shoot up across the board would support this. Might balance IS to Clan, but certain could result in some very fast IS v IS matches.

#47 bluepiglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostScratx, on 30 October 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Well, looks like my initial read on how cooldown reduction would work was actually right... I actually did spec out a tripling of fire rate for the Dragon 1N's AC5's, then Russ said 100% reduction was actually doubling fire rate so I thought the formula was different.

This might be a little OP. :P

Still, anyone saying Dragons suck can just be pointed at this video to be taught better. Seriously, that dual AC5 arm will be insane DPS with full modules.

Edit : Just for the record, on that initial fire burst, it was about 9 seconds of firing for 28 shells down range. That's ~1.55 shells per second per gun. Which is ~0.65s cooldown.

Yeah, that's about AC2 territory.

PGI needs to hire some one with some basic maths knowledge. A 100% cooldown reduction means there is no fricking cooldown at all. Even a "moderate" 50% reduction results in doubled damage output. Such dramatical buffs in much broad scale will destroy the game balance.

IS meches do need help, but not in the scale PGI is about to do. I suggest all the weaponry buff to be set at 25% of the current values and work their way up week by week until the win/loss ratio of the chassis hit the average level.

Edited by bluepiglet, 30 October 2014 - 03:48 PM.

#48 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:51 PM

Anybody whos played this game for awhile knows some of these are going to have to be rolled back. Especially the awesome PPC and the insane AC5 quirks. They might as well adjust it now before release and the public gets ahold of it. Otherwise if they wait too long then people will buy bays and spend Cbills or even MC on these only too have them nerfed back into uselessness. Then we have another full scale forum riot on our hands. Seriously imagine being in a light and having to dodge 12 chainfired PPC shots any one of which could wreck your mech. Thats just not going to fly and your going to have people getting blown away coming here and burning down the forums or worse quitting the game.

At least let everyone try this on the test server this weekend for a few hours and let us give you our thoughts.

#49 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

Of course if any of these quirks get out of line expect nerfs to follow. You know the drill. :)

#50 Kanatta Jing

• 1,178 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:54 PM

View Postbluepiglet, on 30 October 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

IS meches do need help, but not in the scale PGI is about to do. I suggest all the weaponry buff to be set at 25% of the current values and work their way up week by week until the win/loss ratio of the chassis hit the average level.

Or they can us quirks to shake up the meta every 6 months forcing people to buy more mechs, new loadouts and modules soaking them dry of C-Bills and GXP eventually forcing them to choose between paying cash to stay in the perfect meta and waiting 6 months and praying.

#51 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

he's said several times this is the initial pass and they will be adjusted as needed...so yeah, expect them to change.

not fear....know...that they will change. and plan accordingly

won't stop butt-hurt.....nothing stops butt-hurt.

#52 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostElizander, on 30 October 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

Of course if any of these quirks get out of line expect nerfs to follow. You know the drill. :)

Precisely, that IS the drill with this game. Things tend to get released on the strong side. People get all giddy and spend CBills and MC on it (whatever it is - jumping Highlanders, Dragon Slayers, Clan packs) and then over the next few weeks it get's nerfed and brought into line. I don't expect this to be any different.

Some of the quirks do look a little over the top but I applaud the general approach. The Awesome should be the best PPC 'mech (at least, in terms of fire rate and so on, can't really fix that profile) and the Hunchback should be the AC20 'mech. I'm really looking forward to playing next Tuesday and testing it all out.

Video of AC10 Hunchback 4H please!

#53 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:03 PM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 30 October 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Seriously imagine being in a light and having to dodge 12 chainfired PPC shots any one of which could wreck your mech.

I can do this right now, only the projectile speed is slightly worse. People seem to forget that the Awesome can easily push out 120+ damage downrange before it hits 90% heat with a good PPC build TODAY. We're gonna see this changed quite a bit come november 4 for a number of reasons:

*Quirks buff the mech by about 25% in every category except survival.

*People who would not give the Awesome a second glance today will try it and find that its ok.

*People avoid the Awesome because of word of mouth mostly.

*All the while people who have actually played the Awesome today notices mostly the range improvements as the heat remains almost the same and are satisfied but not overwhelmed by the change.

The result is as predictable as the sun rising the next day, It will be called OP and threads will call for it's nerf almost instantly.

Edited by MisterPlanetarian, 30 October 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#54 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

Honestly I think the AC2 quirks look good. That weapon needs too be unnerfed anyhow because it takes too much facetime to take someone out. The Hunchback quirks I consider good as well since thats a highskill mech that takes a decent pilot too keep that hunch in play without it getting torn off. Its got the biggest weakspot in the game and needs them. Maybe a little tweaking when the numbers come in. The others.......slow eyeroll.

#55 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:13 PM

Can't wait to see the video of the Wolvie 6K with two LPL. +50% range, -25% heat, -25% cooldown.

#56 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 30 October 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

I have left my awesome in the bay waiting for this moment, it is super shiny and super fresh and soon it will shock all with electrical death!

Me too! I had over 1200 matches in my Awesomes, and close to a 3.0 KDR before all the PPC nerfs. Once this drops, i'm going to put it in a wind tunnel to blow off the meters of dust, and target DireWhales exclusively.

#57 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

Terrible 'mechs have been terrible forever.

I'd rather quirks be so impressive that they must be nerfed, then have countless variants languish in obscurity.

We've had Dakka Wolf and Doom Crows forever. Relax. Instead of being butchered by a Dakka Wolf, you might get butchered by an HBK 4G.

While I dislike weapon system specific quirks (like the awful SRM or LRM specific quirks given that these weapons are all very similar in their role compared to others in the same class), encouraging the use of less popular variants and increasing player interest in poke 'mech is good for PGI.

As an aside, I am glad I never sold off a chassis.

#58 Mothykins

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 30 October 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

Me too! I had over 1200 matches in my Awesomes, and close to a 3.0 KDR before all the PPC nerfs. Once this drops, i'm going to put it in a wind tunnel to blow off the meters of dust, and target DireWhales exclusively.

Pitty the K2 won't be joining in on the fun.

Excuse me while I grumble in a corner.

#59 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 30 October 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

The Dragon is garbage though. A great big steaming pile of bad robot. With the buff be lipstick on a pig? The only way to know is to test, I guess. I've got a feeling it will make it competitive, but still not good.

EDIT: My math might be off, it was napkin math.

Actually I didn't even have a napkin.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 30 October 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#60 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:24 PM

I got to admit that Awesome.....Wow.

Begining to really worry they overnerfed my clan mechs now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users