145 replies to this topic

#61 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:24 PM

View PostPale Jackal, on 30 October 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

Terrible 'mechs have been terrible forever.

I'd rather quirks be so impressive that they must be nerfed, then have countless variants languish in obscurity.

We've had Dakka Wolf and Doom Crows forever. Relax. Instead of being butchered by a Dakka Wolf, you might get butchered by an HBK 4G.

OK

1) We've had Dakka Wolves and Doom Crows for less than half a year.

2) If I get butchered by a 50 ton mech as fast as I can get butchered by a 100 ton mech - something is wrong.

My main concern is that this seems like a massive lottery.

T4 & 5 mechs are getting some buffs so insane they will clearly outclass mechs that are say T2 & T3 that are only getting moderate buffs.

We need to play with this stuff for like a month to see where it goes - but some of that stuff is looking pretty crazy.

#62 Heffey

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

View Postwarner2, on 30 October 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

People get all giddy and spend CBills and MC on it (whatever it is - jumping Highlanders, Dragon Slayers, Clan packs) and then over the next few weeks it get's nerfed and brought into line. I don't expect this to be any different.

Pretty much. I'll appreciate the buffs on the mechs I already own but I'm not going to go nuts and buy new mechs for awhile.

#63 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 30 October 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

Me too! I had over 1200 matches in my Awesomes, and close to a 3.0 KDR before all the PPC nerfs. Once this drops, i'm going to put it in a wind tunnel to blow off the meters of dust, and target DireWhales exclusively.

Actually you know, the quirk pass will provide a good opportunity for certain mechs to counter other mechs - In this case the Direwhale.. ..with that ROF. Boom!

Not saying that awesomes will be invincible, but at range will give other assaults cause to think twice.. :D

#64 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

ohh myyy gooodd......

just one thing:

Can we please double internal structure values again now? That would be sweet. Otherwise, kiss TTK goodbye

#65 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostCavale, on 30 October 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

Pitty the K2 won't be joining in on the fun.

Excuse me while I grumble in a corner.

I don't Know I just got 3 kill's and 1059 damage in my last round with the K2, 2x UAC.5's 4x MPL so after small range boost and other buff's I haven't seen yet,...the enemy were silly though.

Edited by CorditeJunkie, 30 October 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#66 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:52 PM

Interesting. Thanks for sharing the videos.

View PostCorditeJunkie, on 30 October 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

I don't Know I just got 3 kill's and 1059 damage in my last round with the K2, 2x UAC.5's 4x MPL so after small range boost and other buff's I haven't seen yet,...the enemy were silly though.

I am sure he is saying that cause some are all bent out of shape about the K2 not getting PPC quirks. Personally I am with you... ACs and mediums are better build but the lore PPC build apparently has quite the following.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 30 October 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#67 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:57 PM

That dakka-dragon B)

I have been wrecking faces with the current AC5:s + cooldown modules,with those quirks its Death Star material.

#68 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 30 October 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

T4 & 5 mechs are getting some buffs so insane they will clearly outclass mechs that are say T2 & T3 that are only getting moderate buffs.

I do agree that there is some interesting choices being made regards to quirks.

First, obviously some buffs are less useful than others. Would you rather have a net +20% velocity? Or a net +20% cooldown? Like on the Atlas S, I think I'd prefer a +20% to AC20 cooldown. However, I don't think PGI needs to adhere to a rigid formula, so the fact that some quirks are better than others isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Secondly, would you rather have +10% cooldown to three weapon systems, or a +30% cooldown to one weapon system? Or, let's say 10% buffs to cooldown, heat, and duration on medium lasers on a 'mech? Buffing one weapon system a lot is more useful than buffing multiple weapon systems because then you can focus on boating the dominant weapon system.

I understand PGI wanted to give themselves a structure to work with, and possibly minimize whining, but quirks clearly are not equal to one another. But that's OK! Because ultimately the goal is making all chassis approximately equal (at least in terms of value, or value per ton, not necessarily equally good at all roles), rather than adhering to some made-up formula.

Edited by Pale Jackal, 30 October 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#69 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 30 October 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

That dakka-dragon B)

I have been wrecking faces with the current AC5:s + cooldown modules,with those quirks its Death Star material.

i love my dragons but sadly I only run one with AC5 and it isn't the one with the quirk and I love all my builds :(

#70 Kshat

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

I'm all in for those quirks, they seem to bring IS on par with clans - which is completely against battletech, but the GAME is in dire need for balance.

But... if this goes life, I would be very happy to see the DPS of every weapon to be cut in half, regardless of IS or Clan-origin. I prefer longer battles, where you might have time for a comeback. It's just more fun to circle each other in mechs.
As it is now, we're near the point where the guy which gets his opponent first in sight, wins the "duel", because almost any mediummech can wreck another mech in five seconds.

#71 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:16 PM

100kph ac/5 boating dragon is going to be my new favorite mech

#72 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostKshat, on 30 October 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

I'm all in for those quirks, they seem to bring IS on par with clans - which is completely against battletech, but the GAME is in dire need for balance.

But... if this goes life, I would be very happy to see the DPS of every weapon to be cut in half, regardless of IS or Clan-origin. I prefer longer battles, where you might have time for a comeback. It's just more fun to circle each other in mechs.
As it is now, we're near the point where the guy which gets his opponent first in sight, wins the "duel", because almost any mediummech can wreck another mech in five seconds.

and this is why a lot of "trolls" and I see other people call them keep saying this will make it COD:MW

View PostWalluh, on 30 October 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

100kph ac/5 boating dragon is going to be my new favorite mech

this and my triple AC2 5N...machine gun once I get AC2 modules. I think I said, I really like my Dragons now. I like being the in the dragon crowd.

Edited by Bigbacon, 30 October 2014 - 05:26 PM.

#73 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:29 PM

I'm predicting more structure/armor ups across the board to preserve or extend TTK, then a round of clan..unnerfing.

Because really, they don't deserve these nerfs compared to these IS nightmares

#74 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostCattra Kell, on 30 October 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Dragon is live

That thing is fuckinginsane. I'm getting tempted to actually start grinding Dragons even.

#75 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

Alright, so when we have seen the Dragon 1N... Take a good look at this: https://docs.google....&pli=1&sle=true

Look at JM6-S. GGclose clans. While it won't be severe extreme fast fire, it still will wreck face with 4 of em in the best layout possible. Going to be honest but even Dragon isn't going to be the best layout (esp with an easily disarmable arm and that it's so huge.) It is truly quick though (both weapons and mech itself.)

#76 Aaren Kai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

:raises an eyebrow:

So a video of a Dragon shooting some back armor of a non-moving mech, or a number of shots into a front. Sure, ROF looks good but will chew through ammo. Will this have stamina? Will it become a one trick pony that takes a lot of tonnage for that trick to work? Will in practice damage get distributed all over a moving opponent? That gun sits low and a lot of time you shoot dirt or expose your whole mech.

I wish to believe but that arm is going to be target one, side torso for the XL engine a close second. I liked Dragons from the bowling days but is it enough?

I remain skeptical.

Edited by Aaren Kai, 30 October 2014 - 05:44 PM.

#77 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:01 PM

TTK
|
|
|
|
|
\/
BOOM.

(If this does not give a case for giving the IS ACs at least some burst fire...there is not much that can.)

#78 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:05 PM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 30 October 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

Well.. GG Clans.. Seems we're doing the bizarro-world Battletech.

Is that the one where the Inner Sphere invades the home clans with their overwhelmingly superior weapons and mechs?

Look on the bright side, we get to be the heroes this time around.

#79 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 30 October 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

TTK
|
|
|
|
|
\/
BOOM.

(If this does not give a case for giving the IS ACs at least some burst fire...there is not much that can.)

I'd rather the IS keep their FLD standard cannons and the Clans get faster bursts on their UACs. The bursts are just too long.

IS UAC should be bursty too.

#80 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:43 PM

View PostTexAss, on 30 October 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

ohh myyy gooodd......

just one thing:

Can we please double internal structure values again now? That would be sweet. Otherwise, kiss TTK goodbye

I think internal structure isn't as useful, if your entire structure is full of destroyed weapons. Sure, you're not technically dead, but you're not really worth much, either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users